Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:23:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to create a new Blockchain using Python  (Read 187 times)
actuealth (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:13:17 AM

Big dreams, but seriously, I want to use Python as the programming language for my Blockchain.

Ethereum uses Solidity, but I'm firm on Python. I will also offer FREE (no gas required) transactions for Smart Contracts on this platform.

This will lure several emerging markets countries, especially India and China, to use my Blockchain in preference over the costlier Ethereum.

Based on this simple value proposition, please give me your valuable feedback, criticism, suggestions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ikaklo

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 01:02:06 PM

Im with you  Smiley
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:28:48 PM

Why Python? If there are no existing API's which are build on top of Python, you might want to start writing your own modules which will definitely benefit the community. Solidity however was influenced by Python so it has a syntax which will attract any python developer.
Anyway, you have some luck with this https://github.com/ethereum/pyethereum Pyethereum.They have lot of stars on github so I'm assuming it is what you're looking for.
actuealth (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:44:24 AM

Why Python? If there are no existing API's which are build on top of Python, you might want to start writing your own modules which will definitely benefit the community. Solidity however was influenced by Python so it has a syntax which will attract any python developer.
Anyway, you have some luck with this https://github.com/ethereum/pyethereum Pyethereum.They have lot of stars on github so I'm assuming it is what you're looking for.

Thanks for the information on Pyethereum. I did some Googling on it and obtained further information.  Smiley

Basically, Python because I find myself extra-ordinarily proficient in Python compared to any other coding language I have ever learnt. It's almost like F1, in my opinion.  Also, the important thing is, it's very secure. So, basically that's why.

And, the trigger was the 50 line blockchain Python code.  Cheesy

https://medium.com/crypto-currently/lets-build-the-tiniest-blockchain-e70965a248b
Ikaklo

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 10:42:43 AM

Any updates?
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:55:13 PM

bismuth is the answers. Its created from scratch using python. You definitely should look over the project.
Nanashev

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:32:15 PM

HAHAHAHAAAA! I trust this not a joke,PYTHON? Okay, tell me more. I want to know how and why? I love your innovative and thinking ability though. Go on and lets know what it entails. If its laudable most of us will join and make it a success. GOOD LUCK BUDDY.
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:59:59 PM

I don't think Python is good choice for making a blockchain. For one is not as "secure" as you think it is. Other reason is, its really really slow. I know it does not matter RIGHT NOW but as blockchain becomes bigger you will notice the difference. I see a trend currently, making a blockchain with Go which is a great choice if you ask me. Anyways I just looked over an article that you posted, making a blockchain is easy in any language if you understand the theory behind it. What is hard to make is consensus algorithm and peer connection.

Back on topic, Python is very accessible and you might get a lot of help since its considered the easiest language to learn, but trade-off is that its slow because its not compiled to machine code (its does not run directly on CPU), but instead to bytecode and its running on VM ("interpreter" they like to call it).
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:12:55 PM

I don't think Python is good choice for making a blockchain. For one is not as "secure" as you think it is. Other reason is, its really really slow. I know it does not matter RIGHT NOW but as blockchain becomes bigger you will notice the difference. I see a trend currently, making a blockchain with Go which is a great choice if you ask me. Anyways I just looked over an article that you posted, making a blockchain is easy in any language if you understand the theory behind it. What is hard to make is consensus algorithm and peer connection.
I agree with you.Although python is super fast when it comes to stuff like AI and calculations but building a scalable architecture is always been the C++'s thing.On a design level, it falls down to the language you're using is compiled or interpreted.Although Go is suitable for such project, I wouldn't recommend it since it doesn't have a big of a community hence C++.

Back on topic, Python is very accessible and you might get a lot of help since its considered the easiest language to learn, but trade-off is that its slow because its not compiled to machine code (its does not run directly on CPU), but instead to bytecode and its running on VM ("interpreter" they like to call it).
We're on the similar pages here. Smiley
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 11:27:37 PM

Big dreams, but seriously, I want to use Python as the programming language for my Blockchain.

Ethereum uses Solidity, but I'm firm on Python. I will also offer FREE (no gas required) transactions for Smart Contracts on this platform.

This will lure several emerging markets countries, especially India and China, to use my Blockchain in preference over the costlier Ethereum.

Based on this simple value proposition, please give me your valuable feedback, criticism, suggestions.

is tech really that important nowadays? i mean countless plattforms offer encription services, everyone can create his own coin basically for free without having to get access to the banking cartels printing press, which are privileged for few local families,

besides all blockchain services today are in tandem upgrading their tech baisis.

eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:31:52 AM

I agree with you.Although python is super fast when it comes to stuff like AI and calculations but building a scalable architecture is always been the C++'s thing.On a design level, it falls down to the language you're using is compiled or interpreted.Although Go is suitable for such project, I wouldn't recommend it since it doesn't have a big of a community hence C++.

We're on the similar pages here. Smiley

Agree 100%, of course the C++ would be the best choice here, but lets be real Smiley I mean writing C/C++ code is just not fun (you get me ? xd) and not to mention productivity with them...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: