Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:12:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gunning for a NO LOWER THAN $X BET...  (Read 1743 times)
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:24:54 PM

Failed with MatTheCat, failed with smoothie, so starting my own thread

I think there is someone on these fair shores that is speculative enough that they will take me up on a BTC bet about where the price is going.

I'll open with 1BTC says it stays over $666 until the end of feb.

Take it. Leave it. Counter offer.

Im only looking to risk a coin or two so don't go crazy Wink

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 03:15:58 PM

not personally interested but please specify which exchange
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:24:39 PM

not personally interested but please specify which exchange
If it's Gox you know he's hustling you.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:00:02 PM

haha no not gox Smiley

stamp or btce would be fine!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:17:58 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 06:38:07 PM by Tirapon

I am bored of the current price action. I will therefore consider taking you up on the offer, just for shits. I actually expect to lose the bet, but I see a non-zero chance that there may be a sell off which takes us below $666, and gambling is fun. Would you consider going by BTC-e price to improve my odds slightly? Also would anyone else consider splitting the bet 50/50 with me? (1 BTC/$800 is a fair amount, especially when you're not expecting to win).

Edit (for clarity): I'm happy to go with the full 1 BTC but would prefer to split if there are any other takers
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:00:00 AM

I am bored of the current price action. I will therefore consider taking you up on the offer, just for shits. I actually expect to lose the bet, but I see a non-zero chance that there may be a sell off which takes us below $666, and gambling is fun. Would you consider going by BTC-e price to improve my odds slightly? Also would anyone else consider splitting the bet 50/50 with me? (1 BTC/$800 is a fair amount, especially when you're not expecting to win).

Edit (for clarity): I'm happy to go with the full 1 BTC but would prefer to split if there are any other takers

Why fella, me lad, i like the cut of your jib. 1BTC to the winner it is! Happy to consider both stamp and btce. (and even gox if you like just for the laugh!)

cards on the table, I agree there is certainly a chance of a crash, about as much as another runup imho. As you say though, whats unbearable is the boring sideways action. This is totally about tempting fate for me Cheesy

See you on the other side!

Tirapon

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:35:57 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 11:22:52 AM by Tirapon

Why fella, me lad, i like the cut of your jib. 1BTC to the winner it is! Happy to consider both stamp and btce. (and even gox if you like just for the laugh!)

cards on the table, I agree there is certainly a chance of a crash, about as much as another runup imho. As you say though, whats unbearable is the boring sideways action. This is totally about tempting fate for me Cheesy

See you on the other side!

Okay, agreed. Seeing as there don't seem to be any takers to split the bet with me, I'm in for 1 BTC. If there's a crash, I get the consolation of winning 1 BTC (as well as the opportunity to load up on coins). If however, there's a rally (more likely IMO) then I could find myself out of pocket for rather more than $800  Cry -Very worst case scenario: price remains stagnant, I lose the 1 BTC and we're back to square one with lack of any excitement, at which point I suggest we get the entire speculation forum to watch Wolf of Wallstreet at the same time and try to emulate everything that they do at Stratton Oakmont (i.e. hookers and blow all round while we make stupid bets with one another about price action, and scream obscenities at our computer screens.) Do you want to use escrow or are you happy with a gentleman's agreement?
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:49:17 PM

your word is good enough for me  Smiley

Man the harpoons! its whale hunting season! If I get them all then price will go nowhere hehe

Tirapon

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:41:19 PM

sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:46:13 PM

oh sheeeeet.

best send me yo' address!

Tirapon

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:03:26 PM

Looking promising - just a little lower, c'mon trolls and FUD spreaders!!!

Cheesy

EDIT: $651 on MT Gox - I hadn't realised! Are we gonna count Gox?

EDIT (Again): Oh wow bitstamp, too - how did I miss that? lol I was only checking BTC-e, the only exchange where price actually held up somewhat haha.

Address in my profile  Wink
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:04:46 PM

I like your style, sg Smiley

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Protagonus

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:06:38 PM

not sure if it's okay to still bet with you;  Or if a nobody can bet?

I would be willing to bet 0.10btc.  I don't have many BTC, heck you guys probably have more bitcoins than what I have in mBTC;  so I can only offer 0.10 if you want /like.

*main reason:  market always goes opposite to what I act on; not how I think / feel.   E.G. by me placing this;  It should go up.

I'll take Stamp as the refrence site as BTC-e would make it more in my favor (lol).
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:37:27 PM

not sure if it's okay to still bet with you;  Or if a nobody can bet?

I would be willing to bet 0.10btc.  I don't have many BTC, heck you guys probably have more bitcoins than what I have in mBTC;  so I can only offer 0.10 if you want /like.

*main reason:  market always goes opposite to what I act on; not how I think / feel.   E.G. by me placing this;  It should go up.

I'll take Stamp as the refrence site as BTC-e would make it more in my favor (lol).

im crazy. but I'm not *that* crazy Wink

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:42:07 PM

Sooo... you traded that swing at least a tiny bit (to make up for the lost coin)? Cheesy

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:43:10 PM

Looking promising - just a little lower, c'mon trolls and FUD spreaders!!!

Cheesy

EDIT: $651 on MT Gox - I hadn't realised! Are we gonna count Gox?

EDIT (Again): Oh wow bitstamp, too - how did I miss that? lol I was only checking BTC-e, the only exchange where price actually held up somewhat haha.

Address in my profile  Wink

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/95a3eef8256b45c5e83821dd9f0bc88e1e03954f225f873c483fcbbd26cb100f

congrats!

sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:43:54 PM

Sooo... you traded that swing at least a tiny bit (to make up for the lost coin)? Cheesy

alas no. but these prices are making me think about loading a bit of fiat onto bitstamp...

Protagonus

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:59:14 PM

ok.  Sorry to have bugged.  Not trying to troll.  

Best to lurk I suppose.

Edit:  I don't understand (for sure); "not that crazy"

Is it because I think my bet would make it go opposite?

Did you think my bet was 0.1 btc of mine to 1btc of yours?  I meant a 0.1 vs 0.1 bet if so.
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:24:42 PM

ok.  Sorry to have bugged.  Not trying to troll.  

Best to lurk I suppose.

Edit:  I don't understand (for sure); "not that crazy"

Is it because I think my bet would make it go opposite?

Did you think my bet was 0.1 btc of mine to 1btc of yours?  I meant a 0.1 vs 0.1 bet if so.

its because the price already went below $666 Smiley

Protagonus

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:17:36 PM

I've been told I can't see the trees for the forest (opposite of saying);  guess this is a prime example. 

......date......sigh

I'll go to my corner and sit now.  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: