Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:50:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I get a full understanding on how to use Blockchain?  (Read 116 times)
Levieth02ng (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:52:07 PM

I've been trying to wrap my head around how Blockchain is supposed to revolutionize the world apart from Bitcoin. Is there a video or tutorial out there that will help me understand Blockchain on a level where I can speak about it in an interview or understand how my business can utilize Blockchain? I feel like it's something I need to know at a core level yet after watching probably 20 different Youtube videos I still don't get how business is supposed to profit from Blockchain. I hear companies like IBM and Oracle speaking to how great Blockchain is yet I need some help understanding it. If there is a thread explaining this already that would be great to read.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:22:12 PM

I've been trying to wrap my head around how Blockchain is supposed to revolutionize the world apart from Bitcoin. Is there a video or tutorial out there that will help me understand Blockchain on a level where I can speak about it in an interview or understand how my business can utilize Blockchain? I feel like it's something I need to know at a core level yet after watching probably 20 different Youtube videos I still don't get how business is supposed to profit from Blockchain. I hear companies like IBM and Oracle speaking to how great Blockchain is yet I need some help understanding it. If there is a thread explaining this already that would be great to read.

I think Development & Technical Discussion will be the right place for you question.

For a basic understanding I can say you to read the below article.
https://hackernoon.com/learn-blockchains-by-building-one-117428612f46

Below site sometime offer free e book for mastering blockchain , so keep looking it regularly or you can buy it.

https://www.packtpub.com/packt/offers/free-learning

I am alive
Anycoin Direct Support

Activity: 106
Merit: 13

https://anycoindirect.eu

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 03:23:46 PM

Hello Levieth02ng,

You can start by reading the first paper on blockchain technology namely the bitcoin whitepaper.

After reading the entire paper we suggest you continue to several books written on this topic namely:
Blockchain: Blueprint for a new economy by Melanie Swan
Blockchain Revolution written by Dan and Alex Tapscott
The Business Blockchain written by William Mougayar

These books will give you an insight of the potential impact the blockchain could have on our society. After you have gone through one of these books we suggest you take a look at a course offered by IBM. You can find a link to the course offered by IBM here

This course will show you the actual impact blockchain has on business life and the technical details behind using this technology.

Good luck getting to know more on blockchain technology.

With kind regards,
The Anycoin Direct team

Helping the crypto-community. Anycoin Direct
MintDiceSupport

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

MintDice Support

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 07:00:11 PM

It is a very abstract concept, it's understandable to be confused. Perhaps it would be easier to conceptualize it if you can read of an actual instance where blockchain tech is implemented into an everyday service, for example online voting. Below is a link to a page describing how blockchain works within the Polys Online Voting App, go through the different topics in the help center to gain a better understanding...

https://docs.polys.me/technology

Hope this helps!

Mintdice.com
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:31:41 PM

It's all about reducing overhead and simplifying existing business processes. That being said, I don't think it's applicable for every business. You could start with specific use cases that make it worthwhile in some industries. Here is a quick rundown on how it can help banking:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2017/08/10/practical-examples-of-how-blockchains-are-used-in-banking-and-the-financial-services-sector

I'm sure there are applications that haven't been thought of yet considering how young blockchain technology is.

mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:08:56 PM

I've been trying to wrap my head around how Blockchain is supposed to revolutionize the world apart from Bitcoin.

I'm not quite believing you Wink as I'm pretty sure that you can imagine some applications or areas where the use of blockchain would improve key functions. You just need to have a look at where transactions (in general) are used in our daily life and I don't just mean money based transaction, I'm mean people interacting in any shape or form.

It's a bit like the time before mobile phones or rather mobile communication. In the beginning, people would also say that they can imagine that much of a benefit if you're able to communicate mobile as there where landline phones. Now have a look at how things have changed and how society has adopted this form of communication.

So I think that you don't need a documentary that explains blockchain. You only need some imagination Cheesy
upekhaanthony

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:41:34 PM

The blockchain is basically an immutable non-reversible database that works with distributed manner.

I found an interesting article about the how blockchain works and how its involvement with any industry to ensure the efficiency of the system while protecting data security.
https://www.coindesk.com/information/what-is-blockchain-technology/
https://www.investinblockchain.com/what-is-blockchain-technology/

I believe blockchain could help every industry with a decentralised feature to re-innovate the same old function with more attractive way.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 05:49:29 PM

I would recommend you to invest your time in reading as much as you can be related with blockchain technology on this forum as well as on the other blogs/websites like Forbes crypto, Coindesk etc. Try to understand and learn from basics of blockchain and cryptocurrencies. Even though cryptocurrencies introduced as to the blockchain technology, there is a huge growth potential for blockchain in multiple sectors so don't keep yourself limited to the cryptocurrencies.
E-Verify

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:22:14 PM

Checkout the explanation given in this MIT article. http://mitsloan.mit.edu/newsroom/articles/blockchain-explained/
godfredmanu

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:55:45 PM

Start using blockchain services like bitcoins, waves or ether and get into their website to follow what their source code is, and if possible do reverse engineering on the blockchain starting whitepaper and the development they have passed through till their current stage.

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook
jupyterxxx

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:38:16 AM

There's so many resources out there mate. I suggest u take some time to read thru all the basics and fundamentals of blockchain tech before you delve into other aspects of the topic. I am pretty sure u will come up with more specific questions after doing this and then it is easier for people to help u out on this forum. For such a open question such as this, shows that u are lazy to do your own research...
dashi555

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:44:23 AM

At present, everyone is very clear that blockchain is a very useful technology, but there is still no clear way of how to make profits. This is a question that needs to be practiced and discussed. I believe there will be answers in the future.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:18:21 PM

So I think that you don't need a documentary that explains blockchain. You only need some imagination Cheesy

I beg to disagree. The blockchain (especially permissioned applications of it) is just a glorified database in some ways. If it were so easy to apply and if it could make everything better, everyone would have already jumped into it. Not every business needs immutability and/or self-verification for their business processes.

You certainly do need a lot of imagination to take advantage of it, but I would argue you would also need even more fundamental knowledge of the technology itself.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: