Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:01:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy tether when the market is crashing?  (Read 963 times)
CashMercenary

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:57:45 AM

Tether is the most altcoin that is being used when the market is down. The platform says it is equal to US Dollar and backed with fiat currency but as of now, they were unable to release any proofs. I rarely used USDT but it actually is helpful to cut your losses when the market is down.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tina87

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:12:44 AM

there are some facts that the head of the company Tether, is also the head of  Bitfinex - Jan Louis Van Der Velde. The post of one of the directors of both companies is occupied by Phil Potter. And the financial director of Bitfinex, Giancarlo Devasini, at the same time is co-owner of Tether.
So, they can manipulate movements, volumes etc...
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:47:57 PM

Don't you mean sell whatever coin your have for tether when market is down?
Not when the market is already down or you would be losing doubly! The step is to be able to spot when the party is over for a bullish run, meaning market is set to reverse. That's the ideal time to sell your coin for Tether, which you would now hold until the reversal is spent.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:53:37 PM

Tether has already been proved as a scam, if it crashes, the entire price of bitcoin is going to go down like  rollercoaster, so i think that buying tether is not the wiser thing to do
I don't think the huge volume of daily trades in USDT across exchanges agree with your scam accusation and the price of Tether is pegged to $1 and not Bitcoin. How is the entire price of Bitcoin going to go down like rollercoaster should Tether crash?

They recently released some sort of proof that they actually are a 1:1 to USD. It was still a sketchy proof but better than nothing. ''Tether Finally Conducts Third-Party Audit, But Not by an Audit Firm''

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/tether-finally-conducts-third-party-audit-not-audit-firm/
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:04:40 PM

They recently released some sort of proof that they actually are a 1:1 to USD. It was still a sketchy proof but better than nothing. ''Tether Finally Conducts Third-Party Audit, But Not by an Audit Firm''

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/tether-finally-conducts-third-party-audit-not-audit-firm/

This is the most enlightening thing published regarding Tether recently - https://blog.kraken.com/post/1664/on-tether-journalists-defy-logic-raising-red-flags/

'USDT supply increase seems reasonable given our own fiat deposits

We looked at our own inflows of fiat currency (deposits) between January 2017 and April 2018 and compared them to new USDT issuance. While our cumulative deposits are several multiples of the amount of USDT issued, we found a positive correlation of 0.78x with R^2 of 61%. Given that USDT has been sold through several high volume exchanges during this time period, we have no reason to believe that the token supply is artificially inflated.'

Kraken's the only direct USD/USDT exchange as far as I know so they're certainly invested in making sure it's not a load of bollocks.

Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:25:25 PM

I don't trust tether much to keep tetther for longer time by use it because only that way i can
avoid or cut loses other choice is trust coin what is also 1-1 to dollar

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Mr.ZODIAC

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:17:37 PM

I don't trust tether much to keep tetther for longer time by use it because only that way i can
avoid or cut loses other choice is trust coin what is also 1-1 to dollar
and I kept looking at tether all the time to use usdt as an alternative resource for storing my funds. But only a lot of bad information and negative questions around this project.
cryptolidus

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:50:51 PM

When market is crashing one of the options is short trading. Buying Tether is also optional if You have enough confidence in it.
There were some audits lately by a law firm and according to them it is safe.

clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:19:17 PM

When market is crashing one of the options is short trading. Buying Tether is also optional if You have enough confidence in it.
There were some audits lately by a law firm and according to them it is safe.

Yes optional, and a practical way too to park your digital money. Tether is quite stable, and effects could be minimal. You can return to trading when market recovers. But sometimes its temporary because crypto market moves in a faster way,thats why short trading is also okay.

Open for Campaigns
mulukey

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:48:19 AM

I’m on the newer side to crypto, just want to say that first.

Tether always stays between .99 and 1.01. How, I don’t know. With it never really changing in price, why not convert your cryptos to tether to avoid losses when the market is crashing?

I have been implementing that strategy. It was quite effective for me but now the market is volatile, I can not make much profit for myself. I think there are many investors trading that everyday. But the disadvantage of using USDT is that the transaction is very slow. I used to switch from USDT to cash but it took more than 3 hours.
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:36:28 AM

I’m on the newer side to crypto, just want to say that first.

Tether always stays between .99 and 1.01. How, I don’t know. With it never really changing in price, why not convert your cryptos to tether to avoid losses when the market is crashing?

Convert your cryptos into tether, this is just like keeping your money in the bank. It will die because you do not get any profit. Cryptos yields better returns if we know how to use it.

You'll just convert some and not all but still not a good idea because you're like selling at loss and it can't change the value of your coin. However, what I do is I convert it to tether when the price had pump and when it dump I use tether to buy back. Which is more likely effective to me so far.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
manggis97

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:49:24 AM

That is not easy when you trade on pair altcoin with BTC/ETH, but this is can be more easy if you trade crypto with pair USDT and always use stop loss and trailing stop.  Besides USDT,  other stable crypto is TUSD and DAI,  both is good option to buy when the market crash to avoided big loss.

boss1dg

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:57:55 PM

Price of tether remains same only bcoz it is not a coin work on speculation , it is backed by USD as per company . so basically it is USD on blockchain .
Buying tether is same as buying USD or converting to USD .
If you think dip is incoming then converting coins to tether is easy and fast option to buy back same coins in dip . there is one more option that is TUSD . but when TUSD was listed on Binance many people bought it thinking normal coin and price pumped to 1.16 USD so such things should be checked properly .

ngocdhbk2

Activity: 404
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:53:06 PM

Price of tether remains same only bcoz it is not a coin work on speculation , it is backed by USD as per company . so basically it is USD on blockchain .
Buying tether is same as buying USD or converting to USD .
If you think dip is incoming then converting coins to tether is easy and fast option to buy back same coins in dip . there is one more option that is TUSD . but when TUSD was listed on Binance many people bought it thinking normal coin and price pumped to 1.16 USD so such things should be checked properly .
Tether is a smart solution for investors when the market is in crisis. It is converted equal your money or a little difference is negligible. TrueUSD is also a smart option, it does not pump the price, but because it is a new currency that makes people change so much that price increases.

aleksnutis

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:49:45 AM

Yes, the tether can help in overcoming the storm. But when you are sure that the market is crumbling - you need to make shorts and make money on this, this is an ideal situation.
john_nautica

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:54:57 PM

tether can be used as a way to always protect our assets. we know that tether currently has a stable price of any coin, so buying a tether is a good choice to store assets

wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 07:23:01 AM

The problem is many altcoin has trading pair with BTC and will be too late to sell BTC to USDT because we should make analysis the price of BTC as well, i think for now which the price of BTC in the bottom is good to trade altcoin with BTC so we can increase the amount of BTC and we will make another profit when BTC going up, and when BTC all the times high we have to sell it to USDT or fiat.

Desmozgenes

Activity: 392
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:41:10 AM

Thats not bad idea at all,going into tether with ETH/BTC,when you see some big dump is starting.But you have to react on time and and buy back again ETH/BTC when it dips enough.I personally started with that few weeks ago,during these big ETH dumps,so far i profited from that a bit ,but im still learning.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: