Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:53:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you spend less bitcoin/alts now?  (Read 640 times)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:45:49 PM

I hold bitcoin and I was thinking if it was going up I would spend some, just a little bit, as a way to cash in my profits.
Planning to do the same, treating ourselves won't hurt a bit of our holdings when the market goes up again.

But with the current market I just hold, I don’t want to spend my coins at such a cheap price because it will feel like a loss to me.
Do you feel the same way? What are your thoughts?
I've been holding since the days when bitcoin is around three digits so I'm in good place whether the market isn't so good, I'm only feeling that loss but literally I'm not. We have the same feeling that when we are selling at lower price, it's a loss for us.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:19:07 PM

I'm not in a position where there is much of important nature to buy with Bitcoin, which basically forces me to still conduct all my day to day transactions with fiat as basis.

I will start spending my coins once there are local merchants accepting Bitcoin, and till that time there is nothing to use other than fiat. On the other hand, there is not much to rush for since fiat is doing well enough.

People can say all they want, but it's impossible to have crypto compete with the convenience and usability of fiat, and it will take a lot to change that. Centralized platforms scale easier and faster than decentralized ones.

I hope that Lightning Network will close that massive gap.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
mybtcasset

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:58:07 PM

now is the best time to buy bitcoins and buy altcoins market is lowest in this year it is best time to accumulate the coins at the lowest price
Adamant06

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:24:27 AM

now is the best time to buy bitcoins and buy altcoins market is lowest in this year it is best time to accumulate the coins at the lowest price
In my case, I dont spend less or more bitcoin or any alts now. In investing you should invest on what you can afford in order for you not to regret in the end. Spend less or not,make sure you wont regret your decision.
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:47:32 AM

everyone has a different strategy. for now i think all the coins or altcoins i keep hold and i will buy ethereum or bitcoin to add assets. i think this is the right time to invest, with the many discounts given

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:35:52 AM

yes you are right I prefer to reduce when using altcoin for me to spend because by reducing it will be very good and can earn very much profit, you better be patient to not too quick sell coin you have.
yatogami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

bvo.trybravo.com

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:41:39 AM

I hold bitcoin and I was thinking if it was going up I would spend some, just a little bit, as a way to cash in my profits. But with the current market I just hold, I don’t want to spend my coins at such a cheap price because it will feel like a loss to me.

I'm feeling the same way: I wanted to cash out a bit of ETH a couple of weeks ago, but then it suddenly bumped from $700 to $550.
I thought "Okay, I'm ready to lose those 50-100 bucks, but why should I present my hard-earned money to somebody?"
So yes, the best strategy now is to hold.

realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:44:24 AM

Any time I have a pressing need  I do sell my bitcoin or alternative coin. There was a day I wanted to sell but didn't sell because the market was red, the next day it becomes worst. So stop looking at the market in terms of red or green when I'm ready to sell.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 04:58:01 AM

I hold bitcoin and I was thinking if it was going up I would spend some, just a little bit, as a way to cash in my profits. But with the current market I just hold, I don’t want to spend my coins at such a cheap price because it will feel like a loss to me.

Off course cant even think about spending a satoshi also! This market is too down the line from initial prices and thus it makes no sense at all if we sell them right now. No one will be in the profits at this point as I know last time when we had dip of bitcoin around 7K or 6.5K then most of the people made their buy in the vision that they will get huge profits now as bitcoin will get into another bull run one more time. However nothing like that happened as bitcoin failed at 7.5K USD itself and went all the way down to current rates. This is currently worst stage of bitcoin and investors and everyone might be holding for right time.
bowals

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 05:07:11 AM

The thought is mutual mate. It's so difficult spend now, hopefully, there'll be a bullish run from here on
harshmonty3

Activity: 95
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:10:07 AM

The price is very low. You need more Bitcoin for same value in your currency as compared to 6 months ago.
I will hold my bitcoin and altcoin for 6 months more rather than selling at this point.
qwirtiii

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:21:05 AM

Actually are thoughts are the same.If I have that opportunity to has a many token? I dont want to lose my bitcoin or tokens. I don't want to spend my tokens with cheap price.I think, I hold it until the day it has a big value.Multiple times than cheap price.
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:25:19 AM

I feel the same way mate. I also avoid to spend my coins at current price. I used to spend some of my coins when the price was at ath as a way to enjoy my profit. I'm now still in holding position as i'm not in a situation where i have to sell my coins for daily expenses. I believe the bitcoin price will back to its ath someday in the future.
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 606

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:46:44 AM

I feel the same way mate. I also avoid to spend my coins at current price. I used to spend some of my coins when the price was at ath as a way to enjoy my profit. I'm now still in holding position as i'm not in a situation where i have to sell my coins for daily expenses. I believe the bitcoin price will back to its ath someday in the future.
Definitely right.There will come a time that the current price will be 5 or 10 times in the next years or decade.So we should at least save our coins and hold them patiently so we can gain a very big amount of profit when that time comes.If you still have fiat in your pocket,then spend less on your crypto coins.

Supreemo

Activity: 443
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:42:55 AM

Definitely right.There will come a time that the current price will be 5 or 10 times in the next years or decade.So we should at least save our coins and hold them patiently so we can gain a very big amount of profit when that time comes.If you still have fiat in your pocket,then spend less on your crypto coins.
,absolutely right. at the current state of the market, it is not wise to sell immediately because you lack of patience or you see the bloody market. just like what you said, if you have still cash or fiats in yout pockets better to use it rather than selling your alts and bitcoin in exchange of fiats.
Altcoins enthusiast

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:09:27 AM

Selling your bitcoin now is not advisable and you may regret it in future as the market is showing red signals.  A wise investor will buy now instead of selling and those that can buy when others are selling are ban to make good profits when people become greedy!
shoujiuhaituo7

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:40:51 AM

Long-term investors will not sell their bitcoins at this time.

We all believe the market will go up again, so don't sell at low prices. If you have spare money now is the best time to buy.
LKingLion

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:06:32 AM

For now both I don't spend for I don't have yet bitcoin and altcoins. When time comes that I would have then this season will happen again, I think I will spend altcoins than bitcoin because btc will increase double and multiple profit is possible.
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:12:02 AM

I've already limited my bitcoin spending to emergency puposes only as I wait for another possible price rise in the coming weeks. The best option for now is hodling while waiting for the cryptocurrency uptrend. Selling it this time is not good and this might lead you to further losses. Bitcoin will recover later but it will take time because there are still no positive events to boost its price.
livingfree

Activity: 2828
Merit: 578

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:19:08 AM

We have mutual feeling and I really feel the same. This can be the effect that when you know that bitcoin's price will rise soon but you have to sell and spend it for something that you have to makes you feel that way.

As much as possible we don't want to sell it until we are finally satisfied with the price position of bitcoin. And you know what's happening to me? when I feel that the price is totally at the peak, I'm selling but afterwards the price goes higher so that experience makes me don't want to spend.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████