Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:46:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you spend less bitcoin/alts now?  (Read 640 times)
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:07:57 AM

I hold bitcoin and I was thinking if it was going up I would spend some, just a little bit, as a way to cash in my profits. But with the current market I just hold, I don’t want to spend my coins at such a cheap price because it will feel like a loss to me.

Do you feel the same way? What are your thoughts?

Yeah when bitcoin prices drop off of course when you want to shop using bitcoin. you have to pay more / more expensive than before. because prices are declining. but some users here may use bitcoins for their primary earnings. so maybe low price happen they will keep spending because their needs must be paid.
kateryana81

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:43:16 AM

I still spend my btc. Sometimes I need to pay for some stuff online and the regular places I use have Bitcoin as a payment option so...why not? but it's just small and cheap stuff so it doesn't actually feel like a loss to me. I also sell some of my btc whenever I need some extra fiat asap. As for alts, I usually don't spend that much, I'd rather use btc.
I am not in very much favor of spending of any of the crypto coin especially when it comes to that of the bitcoin. It is because spending of the bitcoins will only result in wastage of money and that it is much better not to do any such thing as the market is quite low for now and that saving is something which can help you in having more profit in the coming days.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 12:21:56 PM

If you can afford to hold onto your bitcoin, I think that would be the wisest thing to do because I think eventually it'll rebound and creep back to its ATH and beyond.If anyone sell the bitcoin at this point,they will have loss in their hand.I am holding everything and will only sell when all prices start to recover
Right if someone can afford to hold then hold your btc we may never know price next could increase. I just spend less for now since the value is not okay were still in the bearish trends. Therefore, someone can spend theirs so depends on how they can manage their assets.
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 12:32:19 PM

I still spend my btc. Sometimes I need to pay for some stuff online and the regular places I use have Bitcoin as a payment option so...why not? but it's just small and cheap stuff so it doesn't actually feel like a loss to me. I also sell some of my btc whenever I need some extra fiat asap. As for alts, I usually don't spend that much, I'd rather use btc.
I am not in very much favor of spending of any of the crypto coin especially when it comes to that of the bitcoin. It is because spending of the bitcoins will only result in wastage of money and that it is much better not to do any such thing as the market is quite low for now and that saving is something which can help you in having more profit in the coming days.
Spending bitcoin is very expensive when the market price is low so it is not really advisable to use it at times like this. If you are a thrifty person you will deeply feel the importance of bitcoin right now especially if it is the only thing you have as an option to be used for paying expenses, buying needs and etc.

I have altcoins in my wallet but it is also not a good time for these to be sold, the price are really on dip and as much as I want to buy something for myself and my family, I would rather hold for now.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 12:39:21 PM

If you can afford to hold onto your bitcoin, I think that would be the wisest thing to do because I think eventually it'll rebound and creep back to its ATH and beyond.If anyone sell the bitcoin at this point,they will have loss in their hand.I am holding everything and will only sell when all prices start to recover
Right if someone can afford to hold then hold your btc we may never know price next could increase. I just spend less for now since the value is not okay were still in the bearish trends. Therefore, someone can spend theirs so depends on how they can manage their assets.

Yeah it's really not a good time to spend your Bitcoins when the price is that low, especially if you have bought them as an investment.
That said, I still think it's good to make smaller purchases with Bitcoin, just to support the businesses that accept it.

It's different for me with altcoins though, those I still spend on a regular basis.
Mostly because I alway need to convert my Steem to fiat anyway, so I'd rather spend it directly.

Glorypaasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:02:49 PM

I hold bitcoin and I was thinking if it was going up I would spend some, just a little bit, as a way to cash in my profits. But with the current market I just hold, I don’t want to spend my coins at such a cheap price because it will feel like a loss to me.

Yes, I'm controlling my self to sell my bitcoin and alts because the best thing I can in this situation is to hold it because I know it will generate a lot of profit again and If I have some extra money I used this chance to buy some part of bitcoin.
Nicol3

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:53:31 PM

I dont spend anything not unless it is really needed. And I just travelled from outside my country and needed to withdraw some profits, and that was the very first time I spent my altcoin and bitcoin. But other than that, I would just hodl then for longer term.

Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:09:41 PM

Everyone says they don't sell their bitcoin. I do too. But there is no shortage of offers in the market. Strange huh? Someone's selling their supplies.  Maybe we should wait until they sell everything. Today, the daily sales of CEX io decreased to 446 btc. This is 5 times less than usual. Do you think it's good or bad? No one wants to buy or sell bitcoins?
ofelia25

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:30:55 PM

I dont spend anything not unless it is really needed. And I just travelled from outside my country and needed to withdraw some profits, and that was the very first time I spent my altcoin and bitcoin. But other than that, I would just hodl then for longer term.
That is right, we need to secure the fund that we have right now, so don't ever spend it yet, just spend it when the perfect time will come and that is if the value of it becomes high so just be patiently wait while you still can.
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:39:25 PM

If you sell your bitcoin and altcoins with the cheap price you will lose some of your money if you bought your coins with high price and sell it is not a good Idea. But your decision is good  to do all of traders follow to hold their coins to pump the price.

Instead of selling bitcoin and altcoin you must buy more coins to earn more money. Losing money is not good for you.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
BountyGram

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:41:04 PM

When it was downtrend I was purchase coin that I know will have a good value and I hold it until the market would back into normal. I never spend my coin too if I loose profit on it but before purchasing coin make sure that you have another money to spent when the price is on the downtrend so that you are not going to think what will happen you don't have money and sometimes it cause suicide.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:48:28 PM

If you want to know if when will the prices of bitcoins is going to increase  then you will not know that because there is no accurate time or prediction because the market is volatile.

Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:56:23 PM

before I always spend my coins now I put in on my savings it is better to hold for now so that in the end you will not regret the holdings you have done. When the market is red hold when the market is at high spend what you can.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:02:35 PM

If you want to know if when will the prices of bitcoins is going to increase  then you will not know that because there is no accurate time or prediction because the market is volatile.
So let's just be hopeful that the price market will finally start to increase so we can see our investments growing as time goes by.But since crypto coins are too much volatile,we all have to be patient particularly with the current situation that the market is still bloody.I suggest to hold still our coins so we will not make regrets if time comes that prices are already ×10 compared today.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:48:25 PM

At the current situation, it is hard to spend cryptocurrencies, either bitcoins or alts. We were too confident before that our earned cryptos are high and then the sudden drop happened. It is quite regretful not selling before the drop below 15k USD happened.
Well, if people are really in need to spend their coins, then of course it is their decision but I think it is hard to get cryptos the next time they will be wanting to. Not unless they sell now and buy when it drops less than 5k USD. That would be less stressful I guess.
For sure those who can still spend some money in their pockets will definitely hold until it rise again.

Honestly, I haven't sold any coins for a month now.
Keyboard PC

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:55:43 PM

yes i prefer to buy altcoin rather than bitcoin because when i have altcoin very much and altcoin it has a very good product and very useful then i can have the potential to go up and can get very much profit.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:05:40 PM

Yup dude, I feel the same way also but in my case we're different. Though I want to remain hodling, I still cannot because I need to fulfill my daily necessities. I'm now on my OJT and I'm not yet getting support coming from my companions so I have to cash out some of my money every time I needed. I know that this is not the proper time for dumping but I don't have any choice. Well, it's alright (despite the losses I get) as long as my money will go to things that are good and has a purpose.

vickycoin05

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:15:16 PM

yes i prefer to buy altcoin rather than bitcoin because when i have altcoin very much and altcoin it has a very good product and very useful then i can have the potential to go up and can get very much profit.
Well as of now I keep holding my few btc for future good exchange. Also I do purchase altcoins for some of my investment. In due time I willmonitor the price of bitcoin and eventually exchange it if I really need the cah right away.
sepeda karat

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:31:14 PM

Those who have spent their BTCs do not care about prices and those who try to avoid using their bitcoin are not good. If most Bitcoin users decide not to spend their BTC, then almost no one is interested in receiving Bitcoin as payment. There will be people who want to sell bitcoin (miners, investors) but it does not matter if there is no liquidity. Gold and silver are very popular in m state
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:41:18 PM

Actually, I am in need of money. Therefore, I do not care whether the price is low or not. Sometimes, you need to ignore something in order to lighten up something more important. But unfortunately, I would have wanted to hold all of my coins because I do believe that if I do, i will gain a big profit. It is a matter of patience if you ask me. But for now, I cannot manage to do so with these circumstances. So yes, I hold 20% and spend 80%.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: