Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:30:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are You buying with bitcoins?  (Read 3511 times)
bcforum (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 02:42:39 AM

I'd do a poll, but that limits the options to my imagination.

If you found this post useful, feel free to share the wealth: 1E35gTBmJzPNJ3v72DX4wu4YtvHTWqNRbM
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mjcmurfy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2011, 02:46:27 AM

Hopefully someone will chime in saying that they spend their btc on bitcointorrentz.com! Smiley

At the moment, I am using my btc to invest in companies on the GLBSE, in addition to paying for advertising for my site. I haven't bought any tangible goods with them yet however. This is something I hope to remedy shortly.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 02:51:37 AM

Freedom.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 02:53:30 AM

GLBSE Shares...

Im hooked!

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 03:06:16 AM

domain names
electricity
council rates
health insurance
internet connection
car insurance
water/sewerage connection

+ pretty much everything else that comes to my mailbox with a BPAY logo on it Cheesy

(yes i'm a fan of spendbitcoins.com and he doesn't even pay me to post about it, hehe)
geek-trader

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 03:14:11 AM

Bought:
--------
Ponzi
Blackjack
Pyramid
Silver "Bitcoins"
Casascius Bitcoins
Zimbabwe 100 Trillion Dollar notes

Sold:
------
Computer services
Dead video card
PCIe extenders

I count gambling under "bought".  I have 1027 transactions in my wallet right now, and the VAST majority of them are gambling.

Make 1 deposit and earn BTC for life! http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/345
Play my FREE HTML5 games at: http://magigames.org  BTC donations accepted.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2011, 03:24:04 AM

domain names
logos/banners
photos/images
advertising (majority spent here)
gambling
USD (only out of necessity)

Still around.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 03:48:50 AM

Haven't yet used spendbitcoins, but let's see what I've bought directly recently:

Plus, apparently I made a lot of bets and donations.

Looks pretty random. Looking forward to using spendbitcoins so that I can have a more coherent list in the future. Grin
turquoise9955

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 04:30:21 AM

USD
Horkabork

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 06:22:53 AM

I bought a blowjob in Nevada with Bitcoins, but then the exchange rate dropped off a cliff by the time I received my services and she only gave me half a blowjob. Trust me on this, fellas, when I say that half of a blowjob is pretty much pointless. I'd have preferred it if she gave me the latter half of the blowjob, even though it seems chronologically improbable. It is, of course, common knowledge in the blowjob industry that the latter half of the blowjob is what you're really paying for. In fact, most of us who pay for blowjobs would rate, in consideration of benefit, utility, and quality, the last 10 seconds of the blowjob to feature 90% of the value. For example, a 10 BTC blowjob, if offered to potential blowjob recipients in fractions, would only sell equivalently to the full blowjob if a first-half blowjob was offered at a rate of just under 0.5 BTC.

So, doing the math on this, my bitcoin-to-blowjob purchasing power actually dropped 95% during one transaction. I paid for a complete blowjob, but lost 95% of the value. If I was thinking at the time, I would have done the math and instead downgraded the service to a handjob. A full handjob has a much higher value than half of a blowjob.

As much as I like Bitcoin, I think that in cases where sexual services are being bartered you should use a hedging escrow account of some sort. This would essentially bring such services back to being dollar denominated. Yes, this is bad for Bitcoin, but when I'm losing 95% of the value of a service in the time it takes to merely perform the transaction, something is very wrong with the currency.

Also, sitting around in a seedy hotel room waiting for transaction confirmations and making small talk with a hooker is rather uncomfortable, mainly because they just won't shut up about Battlestar Galactica. In my experience, hookers who take bitcoins absolutely love Battlestar Galactica.

Furthermore, if this hooker had charged me for the total time involved (transaction time plus sexual service), and refused to be pre-paid for an "estimated" total, then I could feasibly pay an infinite sum of bitcoins. Say I'm paying for 60 minutes of services with 10 BTC and she needs 3 confirmations minimum before proceeding. On average, by the time 3 confirmations occur, 30 minutes will have passed. Now, if I still want 60 minutes of sex, I need to pay 5 more BTC. Then 30 more minutes would pass and I would pay another 5 BTC. At this rate, I'll never be able to actually have sex but would merely keep paying money for the time it takes just to process the money that I keep paying.

If, however, she charged for the transaction time but took "estimates" in advance and refunded the excess, I would still be paying, essentially, 50% more than those paying with dollar bills. That is a premium that I just cannot accept.

Me: 15gbWvpLPfbLJZBsL2u5gkBdL3BUXDbTuF
A goat: http://i52.tinypic.com/34pj4v6.jpg
SuperTramp
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2011, 06:26:16 AM

MORE hardware.....to mine MORE BTC.  Grin

MincoinForum, Home Of The World's Fastest & Rarest Cryptocurrency. https://www.mincoinforum.com
Only 10million Mincoin To Be Created. Find out more at https://www.mincoin.us
payb.tc

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 06:38:28 AM

I bought a ... cliff by the ... chronologically improbable ... blowjob industry. In fact, most of us who ... sell ... the full blowjob ... rate ... just under 0.5.

do you have a blog that earns you money?
d'aniel

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 06:54:01 AM

I'm quite happy to see that hamburger again.
payb.tc

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 08:23:11 AM

I'm quite happy to see that hamburger again.

to finish the job?
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 09:30:20 AM

I bought a blowjob in Nevada with Bitcoins, but then the exchange rate dropped off a cliff by the time I received my services and she only gave me half a blowjob. Trust me on this, fellas, when I say that half of a blowjob is pretty much pointless. I'd have preferred it if she gave me the latter half of the blowjob, even though it seems chronologically improbable. It is, of course, common knowledge in the blowjob industry that the latter half of the blowjob is what you're really paying for. In fact, most of us who pay for blowjobs would rate, in consideration of benefit, utility, and quality, the last 10 seconds of the blowjob to feature 90% of the value. For example, a 10 BTC blowjob, if offered to potential blowjob recipients in fractions, would only sell equivalently to the full blowjob if a first-half blowjob was offered at a rate of just under 0.5 BTC.

So, doing the math on this, my bitcoin-to-blowjob purchasing power actually dropped 95% during one transaction. I paid for a complete blowjob, but lost 95% of the value. If I was thinking at the time, I would have done the math and instead downgraded the service to a handjob. A full handjob has a much higher value than half of a blowjob.

As much as I like Bitcoin, I think that in cases where sexual services are being bartered you should use a hedging escrow account of some sort. This would essentially bring such services back to being dollar denominated. Yes, this is bad for Bitcoin, but when I'm losing 95% of the value of a service in the time it takes to merely perform the transaction, something is very wrong with the currency.

Also, sitting around in a seedy hotel room waiting for transaction confirmations and making small talk with a hooker is rather uncomfortable, mainly because they just won't shut up about Battlestar Galactica. In my experience, hookers who take bitcoins absolutely love Battlestar Galactica.

Furthermore, if this hooker had charged me for the total time involved (transaction time plus sexual service), and refused to be pre-paid for an "estimated" total, then I could feasibly pay an infinite sum of bitcoins. Say I'm paying for 60 minutes of services with 10 BTC and she needs 3 confirmations minimum before proceeding. On average, by the time 3 confirmations occur, 30 minutes will have passed. Now, if I still want 60 minutes of sex, I need to pay 5 more BTC. Then 30 more minutes would pass and I would pay another 5 BTC. At this rate, I'll never be able to actually have sex but would merely keep paying money for the time it takes just to process the money that I keep paying.

If, however, she charged for the transaction time but took "estimates" in advance and refunded the excess, I would still be paying, essentially, 50% more than those paying with dollar bills. That is a premium that I just cannot accept.

But hey, atleast you can purchase a flesh light and not worry about confirmation times!
Ayo_4_Yayo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 01:50:34 PM

MORE hardware.....to mine MORE BTC.  Grin

A self inflicted pyramid scheme, well I never...!
RaTTuS

Activity: 792

Bite me

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 02:00:23 PM

anything
Spendbitcoins.com FTW

though not bought anything for a while

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 02:49:34 PM

I have donated to a few people who write software as well as give small amounts of BTC to new
users so they have something in their wallet (.1 for example). Not exactly buying stuff but obviously
a transfer that had a purpose.
GideonGono

Activity: 2016
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2011, 03:38:28 PM

lol where you high when you wrote this?

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 03:46:57 PM

Some programming services. A few pranks.

Oh, and scams. Spent $450 on scams. Cry

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: