Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:36:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask: Should my team raise equity first, or go directly to a token pre-sale?  (Read 85 times)
RichardHendricks (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:24:25 PM

(I'm using a burner account to protect my privacy, and the privacy of my team.)

tl:dr - Should my team either raise a round of seed equity financing first ($2-3M), or should we initially launch a token pre-sale (looking to raise $5M)?

tl:dr 2 - Happy to answer questions people have, in order to clarify the feedback I'm looking for.

---

I am the former CEO of two venture funded startups (one acquired by AOL, one acquired by Google), and I've put together a team of Googlers and startup veterans with deep experience in our space.

We're working on a decentralized solution for the $15T global service industry - a protocol and platform that will store reviews, ratings, and verified transactions in the blockchain, and be powered by a native token.

To use an example, when a plumber receives a review of their service, rather than have this review stay siloed in Yelp, Google, HomeAdvisor, etc., this review would live in the blockchain, and be available to all.

It's a big space, with a great team backing it, but I could some advice.

Should we:

a) Fund the development of the project by first raising traditional angel / seed investment funds ($2-3M), and then launch our token? Or...

b) Would the team and concept be (potentially) strong enough to launch a token pre-sale ($5M - done through an ethereum-based token that would convert to our native currency at launch, with a significant discount).

Any and all advice would be appreciated here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: