Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:45:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU mining coming to an end?  (Read 1335 times)
makerain

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:09:18 AM

If I got 10$ for every time GPU mining was declared dead I would be rich only based on that.

The field is ever changing, but GPU mining is going nowhere. For at least 2-3 years its going to be present and profitable for sure. Everything else being told id pure FUD.

Listern to the expert HAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry i mean jester

Yea we should listen to the idiot who buys ASICs to lose money with them while making Bitmain rich. Can't get any dumber then that. Before I listen to you about anything let me know so I can lobotomize myself with a rock first. Then maybe.

Btw you are a sad excuse for a human if you had to stalk me around. That means I really pushed the right buttons Smiley. A friendly advice. Stop making a fool out of yourself.

Hey pussy did you know listen I have 56 GPU too.. your thick as shit mate.

Really? Personal threats via PM?

Mate you such a mouthy little cunt.  sat begind your keyboard being a hard man. its pathetic, your a fucking little weak pathetic fool with VERY limited IQ as you dont understand things properly.

Comon if you wan tto mouth me off lets talk then lets meet and we will see how HARD you are then you fucking faggot.

So comon then KEYBOARD WARRIOR WHAT HAVE YOU GOT ?? nothing part froma  a big mouth little dick and a weak personality.. NOW FUCK OFF before I do find you for real

Thank you for confirming you are really not worthy of attention. Btw you have been reported to forum admins, because personal threats are something I don't tolerate Wink
For everyone else, you can actually see the level on which this guy operates. Sad world.

I got what I need from you bro,, ,see you soon Smiley
kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:47:47 AM

Every time when new ASICs for popular GPU algorithms come on to the markets - new ASIC resistant algos appear.
So I think GPU mining will die only if crypto will die...
Apocalypse Onion

Activity: 44
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:08:01 AM

First, small scale GPU miners could easily survive as long as they build rigs geared towards efficiency.

I'd say the aim for the small GPU miner should be agility. Be able to adjust configs and swap algos to quickly adapt to new opportunities.

Leave efficiency to the giant farms that worry about their 0.001%.
ragecage

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:18:01 AM

read post of 2013-2015 years. same whining about gpu death, asics everywhere, no profit.
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:14:29 PM

yeah, the mining rig will die.

but I still mine using a mining rig although a little bit profitable, most importantly still be able to pay for electricity costs and save a bit of money to buy new GPU again  Roll Eyes.

Dogmygod

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:18:26 PM

I hope it isnt. And will not in near future.

I invested too much money, time and nerves in GPU mining in 2017-18, so i dont want even think about it..

Honestly i will be happy just to return my investments. Not talking about some profit.
edwardceng

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:37:23 PM

don't panic with this current situations, already 2,5 year I do in mining and every month or year always there is have been surprising such as fork of the coin, issue a new hardware or price of the coin.

lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:51:19 PM

That is not true as GPU mining is still viable the only problem ia that the prices of minable coins and tokens is very low and with the ever rising difficulty and high electricity depending on your country its really hard to make profits or get back their ROI for some miners. Still mining is is still profitable and will be profitable specially with crypto prices monns.
edwardceng

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:11:01 AM

the only problem ia that the prices of minable coins and tokens is very low and with the ever rising difficulty and high electricity
yes, it's a problem that makes GPU miners rocking, some are selling GPUs and some miners turn off their GPUs but also some miners still mining because of electricity cost still friendly.

mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:42:51 AM

It was a fun ride while it lasted but it looks like the glorious days of GPU mining will be coming to an end.  With asics flooding every market,  forks that are nothing but a publicity stunt, little guys trying to compete with huge farms with dirt cheap electricity.  Many projects moving to proof of stake and masternodes instead of the proof of work.

ASICs become obsolete after a period of time.
GPUs can be always sold for the same, or even higher price than you paid, while ASICs can be thrown to the garbage.

PoS/MNs change much, because they can't compete with PoW.
ROI is much faster with hashing.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:01:10 AM

As of this time that the crypto market is on bearish trend and again we might say that GPU mining is dead for the profitability is not worth anymore this FUD thing always come when we see bloodbath in the market but to tell GPU mining is more flexible and profitable than paper weight ASIC. So let's wait again for the next profitability level.
altsay

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:01:07 AM

As of this time that the crypto market is on bearish trend and again we might say that GPU mining is dead for the profitability is not worth anymore this FUD thing always come when we see bloodbath in the market but to tell GPU mining is more flexible and profitable than paper weight ASIC. So let's wait again for the next profitability level.

I agree. The patience is key here.
towfer018

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 12:27:38 PM

still mining using my GPUS! (still profitable) Just pay your bill, mine and HOLD!
nongkrong

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:55:41 AM

I think not will die mining with gpu, because to day a lot of coins's algorithm will resist asic mining. And also to day and more days the demand for gpu and gpu's miner increases. That's where I will stay in gpu.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:27:17 AM

There was a ETH dev meeting and apparently they are combining sharding and casper with the next hard fork update.

From what I understood there was no timeline given but given that Casper is already live on the testnet, it shouldn't be too far off.

Now given that most of the mining revenue is from ETH alone, if this goes to POS and the block reward is reduced again to like 0.6ETH, then we got a problem and most likely then GPU mining will come to an end.
cdrx

Activity: 441
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:31:48 AM

ETH is not the only coin around, why assuming this ?

The next coin will be so pumped, like ETH was.

Just need to wait and see which is that coin.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:34:43 AM

Now given that most of the mining revenue is from ETH alone, if this goes to POS and the block reward is reduced again to like 0.6ETH, then we got a problem and most likely then GPU mining will come to an end.

eth devs want to only pay pos holders and will be like you said very low 0.6 eth per block and probably as eth price rises, eth pos will be lower and lower, eth will end up paying 0.1 eth per block in future and that is it, soon will be an eth rush, expect 600% eth price rise in days.

As eth goes pos, will be a sign that gpu mining might be on a long break.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
AlokSingh

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:17:19 AM

I am new in mining which GPU Miner would be the best for mining...
And Plz also tell which coin will be beneficial in Mining Huh
coincalculators.io

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 11:37:23 AM

I am new in mining which GPU Miner would be the best for mining...
And Plz also tell which coin will be beneficial in Mining Huh

You can check here: https://www.coincalculators.io/
honestinvestor

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:33:49 PM

Well, it can be seen that if not completely the end, then everyone is sadder and sadder, the asics completely squeezed out the cards from the market (
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: