Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:54:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hocus Focus Locus  (Read 140 times)
nniecan001 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:51:33 PM

There's some interesting news/issue that my close friend told me about distribution of bounties in different campaign. He said that, sometimes the bounty manager or co-manager are intentionally change the ETH address (usually on xls document ) of some long inactive participant of the campaign and post the error encounter about the transaction. If that specific participant did not respond or complain, that bounty will be no longer exist or they will take it on their pocket for selfish reason. Human has a greedy part of brain, specially when money is involve. What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:48:55 PM

I am not sure if a topic called "Hocus Focus Locus" belong in "Serious discussion" board, but the question does seem a bit like a "ramble".

Other than that I don't know what you expected with this topic, we probably all agree here that this is a bit shitty thing to do, but we can't do anything about it, so I don't really see a point for the discussion.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 09:51:35 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

There's some interesting news/issue that my close friend told me about distribution of bounties in different campaign. He said that, sometimes the bounty manager or co-manager are intentionally change the ETH address (usually on xls document ) of some long inactive participant of the campaign and post the error encounter about the transaction. If that specific participant did not respond or complain, that bounty will be no longer exist or they will take it on their pocket for selfish reason. Human has a greedy part of brain, specially when money is involve. What do you think?

I think we need to move away from Excel spreadsheets into an online tracking system, complete with change history.

Something could easily be developed (i'm sure there are services out there that would work already) but how will you get usually greedy people to spend a few extra dollars?
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1584

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:09:38 PM

I think we need to move away from Excel spreadsheets into an online tracking system, complete with change history.

Something could easily be developed (i'm sure there are services out there that would work already) but how will you get usually greedy people to spend a few extra dollars?

I guess if someone is worried about that type of thing should start by taking an screenshot of his user on the sheet.

There are a few platforms for bounty control already there. The one I like most is the one on the campaign I am in right now because it provides daily stats of your posts and stakes and I find it quite trustworthy. Obviously it can´t check quality automatically, so the managers have to work on that (or should).
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:55:39 AM

I guess if someone is worried about that type of thing should start by taking an screenshot of his user on the sheet.

There are a few platforms for bounty control already there. The one I like most is the one on the campaign I am in right now because it provides daily stats of your posts and stakes and I find it quite trustworthy. Obviously it can´t check quality automatically, so the managers have to work on that (or should).

a screenshot wouldn't do much i think, who would listen?
 wouldn't a bounty manager's word generally be valued over a random bounty participant?
since one can easily just right click, inspect element, paste an address and therefore do this on any entries and take a screenshot and pretend that the bounty manager changed various things "later" (not just address but for example, reward amount for article quality etc)

seems like bounty managers who do this would in general not be appearing very professional, hard to know, but it seems like ico's employing bounty managers should ensure they take the high reputable ones and not just the cheapest  Huh
francojon

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:14:32 PM

a screenshot wouldn't do much i think, who would listen?

The problem as I see it is not having some proof of what happened. It is more about that you can´t really do much about it because no legal terms are set for bounty and the gains rarely would justify going to a lawyer or trial. You are right, there is no protection, just don´t join again the same manager campaign if you don´t trust him or complaint here in the forum for others to know.
Everandi

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:36:08 PM

If such a Bounty manager will be caught faking the data
he will loose his trust and opportunity to earn a lot more,
than he would like to steal
Not sure if someone will take such risk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: