Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:10:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Safe Currency  (Read 1525 times)
TKeenan (OP)

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:09:08 PM

Please prepare yourself for the next bitcoin spike.  Probably will reach $2000 in a week or two.  Since the Ukraine is collapsing under central bank incompetence, there will soon be an exodus to bitcoin. 
http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/03/news/economy/ukraine-currency-politics/index.html?hpt=hp_t3 
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:12:26 PM

It'll be interesting to see over the course of the next little while to see what kind of demand this has on BTC and other cryptocurrencies.  Ukraine isn't the only country that is struggling with currency issues!

meanig

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:44:36 PM

Don't forget Turkey, Thailand, Argentina, South Africa, Russia, China.................
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:56:42 PM

Don't forget Turkey, Thailand, Argentina, South Africa, Russia, China.................

Wait until Russia announces how many billion they've lost as a result of the olympics...

MegaHustlr

Activity: 601
Merit: 500

Vote 4fryn :)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:16:34 PM

lol at these pumpers failing at doing that, pumping the currency.

▄  ▀▄▄   ▀▄▄ ▀▄ ▀▄
             ▀█▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████ ▄
         ▀████▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀███▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▀      ██▀▀     ▄██▀▀▀   █     ██
██    ▀█  ▄█▀▀▀▄  ▀█   ▄█▀   ▄▄▄ ▀██  █▀▀▄▀▄

▀▀▀   ▐█ █▌    ▐▌  █  ▐█ ▄█▀▀   █ █  ▄▀ ▄█ ▌
      ▐▌ ▀█ ▄▀▄█  █▀  █  █      ▐▌ █▀ █    ▀▄
      █     ▄█▀  ▀▀▀▀▄█  ▀█▄▄▀ ▄▀  █▄ █  ██ ▐▌
     █   ▄███▄▄███▄▄▄▄       ▄█▄▄▄▄ █▄    ▀  █ ▄
   ▄█▀▀▀▀     █▀      █   ▄█▀▀███    ▀▀▄▄   ▄██
  ▐█         ▐▌       ▐▌▄▀     ██        ▀███ ▐█
  █           ▀▄      ▐█▀       ▀█           ▀▀
  █▄           ██     ██         ██▄
   █▀            ▀     ▀          ▀█▀

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄██▄▄                ▄▄██▄
  ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████▌
█████▀                  ▀█████▌
████    ███▄      ▄███    ████▌
████   ▐████      ████▌   ████
 ███    ▀██▀      ▀██▀    ███▀
  ▀██▄                  ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████████████████▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
TKeenan (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:17:10 PM

The 'fragile 5'
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:20:09 PM

Please prepare yourself for the next bitcoin spike.  Probably will reach $2000 in a week or two.  Since the Ukraine is collapsing under central bank incompetence, there will soon be an exodus to bitcoin. 
http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/03/news/economy/ukraine-currency-politics/index.html?hpt=hp_t3 

Is there actually any word or sources on whether Ukrainians have actually been buying Bitcoin?
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:30:46 PM

Unfortunately THB is not loosing enough value was getting 75 to the £ 7 years ago now only 54  Sad
TKeenan (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:39:25 PM

Is there actually any word or sources on whether Ukrainians have actually been buying Bitcoin?
just whispers of hyperinflation today - mass exodus from national currency to follow.  I am providing this warning early.  In two weeks once BTC goes over 1500 (two weeks) you can thank me with a BTC tip later.
indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:47:55 PM

just whispers of hyperinflation today - mass exodus from national currency to follow.  I am providing this warning early.  In two weeks once BTC goes over 1500 (two weeks) you can thank me with a BTC tip later.

Well ,you sig says it all  Grin
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 05:51:38 PM

When the Dollar will crash along with other big fiat currencies, having bitcoins will seem sweet, its price in fiat money will skyrock and its price in other valuables good also

yatsey87

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:12:40 PM

Well I don't listen to wild speculation, but I hope you're right, but I'm very sceptical.
TKeenan (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:16:16 PM

Please prepare yourself for the next bitcoin spike.  Probably will reach $2000 in a week or two.  Since the Ukraine is collapsing under central bank incompetence, there will soon be an exodus to bitcoin.  

just whispers of hyperinflation today - mass exodus from national currency to follow.  I am providing this warning early.  In two weeks once BTC goes over 1500 (two weeks) you can thank me with a BTC tip later.

Well I don't listen to wild speculation, but I hope you're right, but I'm very sceptical.
Don't listen to me - go read the news.  Ukraine isn't some tiny little no-where-ville.  The fucking place is about to collapse and it is a big deal.  The bank is on the brink of disaster and money flight will be triggered soon.  Cyprus proved BTC is a safety currency in these kinds of crises.  Cyprus and Ukraine both have a heavy Russian influence.  Check back here soon to learn if I was right.
yatsey87

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:21:18 PM

Please prepare yourself for the next bitcoin spike.  Probably will reach $2000 in a week or two.  Since the Ukraine is collapsing under central bank incompetence, there will soon be an exodus to bitcoin.  

just whispers of hyperinflation today - mass exodus from national currency to follow.  I am providing this warning early.  In two weeks once BTC goes over 1500 (two weeks) you can thank me with a BTC tip later.

Don't listen to me - go read the news.  Ukraine isn't some tiny little no-where-ville.  The fucking place is about to collapse and it is a big deal.  The bank is on the brink of disaster and money flight will be triggered soon.  Cyprus proved BTC is a safety currency in these kinds of crises.  Cyprus and Ukraine both have a heavy Russian influence.  Check back here soon to learn if I was right.

I'm not talking about the economy in Ukraine, but the price of Bitcoin rising because of it.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:33:33 PM

Yep, they are going to adopt a medium of exchange which depends exclusively on the Internet to work... How stupid you are?
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:48:57 PM

Have you any previous examples where you can show that you have clearly anticipated market action?

Yep, they are going to adopt a medium of exchange which depends exclusively on the Internet to work... How stupid you are?

If there were to be a financial collapse a lot of Ukrainians who caught wind of it early enough may well plough a lot of funds into Bitcoin whilst they still could, if they could.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Dragonkiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:10:25 PM

More important things are happening closer to home.

Take a look at the Dow and the Nasdaq. The debt limit is going to be reached again this month. Yellen has just been sworn in at the Fed and she has no choice; she can either watch asset prices collapse, or she can start reversing and increasing QE.

Interesting times.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:12:45 PM

some, definitely, but 99% buy USD.

i am satoshi
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:24:00 PM

isn't Ukraine and its population obsessed with the Euro, i mean they are undergoing a semi revolution just because they want to join the Euro and their government doesn't wanna ? A population that can't see through the tyranny of the Euro is doubtful to adopt Bitcoin.

boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 08:41:08 PM

More important things are happening closer to home.

Take a look at the Dow and the Nasdaq. The debt limit is going to be reached again this month. Yellen has just been sworn in at the Fed and she has no choice; she can either watch asset prices collapse, or she can start reversing and increasing QE.

Interesting times.

They talk about tapering but they won't really taper, they are still buying 75B/month + interests reinvested + interest rates at zero and she believes in easy money so she will increases the monetary supply and the dollar will finish by collapsing

When the dollar will collapse, every real asset will seem pretty sweet compared to having dollars, that should particularly include Bitcoin

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: