Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:43:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase launches Crypto Index Fund  (Read 91 times)
Tipstar (OP)

Activity: 1820
Merit: 298

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:19:32 AM

Coinbase has launched a Crypto Index Fund now limited to US investors. The fund would be utilized to buy and hold a number of cryptcoins and any profit made would be distributed to the investors. Coinbase plans to launch similar funds for worldwide investors soon.

P.S. ETC to be added which would change the ratio to some extent.

covfefe_

Activity: 937
Merit: 105

Axioma Holding - Axioma Pay Crypto Card

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:39:27 AM

If I were coinbase, I'd increase the ETH percentage and keep the bitcoin holding at 50. Ripple too would have been a better addition.
And I would not miss EOS, that way you'll have the top 5 coins on the index.
It's justifiable for coinbase to favor ETC, which is a better coin than new tokens like Stellar, Cardano or IOTA.

CryptoAllDay

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:06:17 AM

This is great news, I'm wondering what type of returns we'd see investing in this for retirement rather than a stock plan or 401K.  Sure it's going to be more volatile, but has such high potential.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:44:42 AM

Coinbase charge 2% for this service. There is absolutely nothing to stop you just buying and holding the same coins in the same proportion, and therefore achieve the exact same returns, without having to pay the fees. This will appeal only to the most newbie of investors.

It's justifiable for coinbase to favor ETC, which is a better coin than new tokens like Stellar, Cardano or IOTA.

The reason they chose ETC is because it was trivial for them to implement it since it is so closely related to ETH. The same was true of Bitcoin Trash. I wouldn't be surprised if Bitcoin Gold is next for them.

I wonder if there will be an insider trading scandal like last time?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: