Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:14:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I need cash for my bitcoin  (Read 4003 times)
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 07:28:30 PM

Not so.  The MadHatter was logged in one week ago, but is not in the habit of posting anymore and may not respond to PM's.  He doesn't send cash through the mail because he has been burned doing so.  Basicly, you can trust him to honor his agreements, or bugger off if he doesn't know you.  I'm sure if you could meet him in person, he would consider buying your bitcoins for cash. 

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Als Pawnshop (OP)
VIP

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 07:43:09 PM

I've done business with Madhatter before a number of times with varying success.  He backed out of an agreement I had with him and handled the whole matter very unprofessionally.  Anyways he doesn't mail cash so it wouldn't be very useful for me.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 05:37:39 PM

In the past I found the best way to do totally cash transactions with a reputable member was to go through MadHatter's two web sites:  https://www.bitcoin4cash.com and https://www.bitcoin2cc.com

For what you want to do you would use https://www.bitcoin2cc.com to move your bitcoins on to credit cards which you could then spend anywhere.

However, when I go to these web sites they look shut down.

Does anyone know what is happening with these sites?

You can also try to contact MadHatter directly at themadhatter@i2pmail.org and ask him if he wants your bitcoins and what he will pay you for them.  I just sent him an email to ask him if he is still in business and will report back here.  You might search all the forums for his handle "madhatter2" and see what he is up to.

I know you are not interested in dealing with MadHatter but as promised here is his response to my email for anyone else who may be interested.

As far as I can tell MadHatter is not a scammer.  He did use the services of a scammer and was a victim of a scam.  Does anyone have any actual proof he was involved in the scam?  As you can see from his response he is having to rewrite his web site so even if he did not lose any coins he is still out the time to do the rewrite:

I'm not out of business, but business is definitely on hold for now.

When mybitcoin went down it broke bitcoin2cc so I have no way of
obtaining Bitcoins from customers, thus I have none to sell on bitcoin4cash.

I basically need to scrap bitcoin2cc and rewrite it from scratch, and I
haven't had the time yet. I do plan on rewriting the site to use a
standalone instance of Bitcoin and continue trading in both directions.

I hope this answers your question. Smiley

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
GimmeDemBitz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 09:20:02 PM

You guys, I'm in the same boat too.  I have 10,000 bitcoins I need to unload quickly so I'll sell them for $1 each, but only as one big package.

I don't trust the exchanges, so put the cash in a bag, and put the bag in a locker at the train station.  Mail me the key.  Once I have the cash, I'll send you all 10,000 BTC.

Trust me guys, I'm good for it.
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 09:47:22 PM

You guys, I'm in the same boat too.  I have 10,000 bitcoins I need to unload quickly so I'll sell them for $1 each, but only as one big package.

I don't trust the exchanges, so put the cash in a bag, and put the bag in a locker at the train station.  Mail me the key.  Once I have the cash, I'll send you all 10,000 BTC.

Trust me guys, I'm good for it.

Shocked There is weird stuff going on in the Bitcoin World... I wish I lived in the states. Or maybe not.
gutschilla

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 10:37:46 PM

[..]So put the cash in a bag, and put the bag in a locker at the train station.  Mail me the key.  Once I have the cash, I'll send you all 10,000 BTC. Trust me guys, I'm good for it.

Uh, this train station thing sounds like in one those movies where a lot of mobsters one one side and the police on the other side wait for some guy to open a locker. On ther other hand 1$ per BTC sound waaaayyy to tempting to be true. Feels like the Nigerian ministry of Banks constantly mailing me they have zillions of $$ found and ready for pickup  Cheesy
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 10:44:33 PM

Tradehill will not issue cash but will issue wire transfer as well as check via mail

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
annelions

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 10:49:06 PM

[..]So put the cash in a bag, and put the bag in a locker at the train station.  Mail me the key.  Once I have the cash, I'll send you all 10,000 BTC. Trust me guys, I'm good for it.

Uh, this train station thing sounds like in one those movies where a lot of mobsters one one side and the police on the other side wait for some guy to open a locker. On ther other hand 1$ per BTC sound waaaayyy to tempting to be true. Feels like the Nigerian ministry of Banks constantly mailing me they have zillions of $$ found and ready for pickup  Cheesy

CONFIDENTIAL

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Dr. (Mrs.) Mariam Abacha, the wife of the late head of state and commander in chief of the armed forces of the federal republic of Nigeria who died on the 8th of June 1998.

My ordeal started immediately after my husband's death on the morning of 8th June 1998, and the subsequent take over of government by the last administration. The present democratic government is determined to portray all the good work of my late husband in a bad light and have gone as far as confiscating all my late husband's assets, properties, freezing our accounts both within and outside Nigeria. As I am writing this letter to you, my son Mohammed Abacha is undergoing questioning with the government. All these measures taken by past/present government is just to gain international recognition.

My late husband had/has Eighty Million Bitcoins (80,000,000.00BTC) specially preserved and encrypted on CD of which only my husband and I knew about. It is packed in such a way to forestall just anybody having access to it. It is this sum that I seek your assistance to get out of Nigeria as soon as possible before the present civilian government finds out about it and confiscate it just like they have done to all our assets.

I implore you to please give consideration to my predicament and help a widow in need.

Your faithfully,

Dr (Mrs.) Mariam Abacha (M.O.N)

*cough* Cool Roll Eyes Cool *cough*
GimmeDemBitz

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 10:50:30 PM

If you don't like the train station, just put the money in an envelope and throw it in the trash can at the northwest corner of 8th and market street in philadelphia at 3 pm tomorrow.  I'll send you the BTC at 5 pm.  I really need to get rid of these BTC, it's totally not a scam, I promise.
gutschilla

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 11:30:25 PM

If you don't like the train station, just put the money in an envelope and throw it in the trash can at the northwest corner of 8th and market street in philadelphia at 3 pm tomorrow.  I'll send you the BTC at 5 pm.  I really need to get rid of these BTC, it's totally not a scam, I promise.

So you desparately need the money. (The BTC won't hurt you to keep them in your vault so why else would you need to get rid of them? I don't live any close to Philadelphia so I cannot help you, as great this opportunity sounds.

But even if. I wouldn't trust you. I would like to split this into smaller transactions and we would have to meet physically. I would be the greatest idiot in the world to dump 10K$ somewhere hoping some "GimmeDemBitz" will send me cheap BTC. You would take the money and run. You have no warranty for me that you'll send the BTC.

You don't even have offer any proof you have the 10K BTC. How should anynody out there trust you, being literally someone on the internet?

Anyway (1). If you really own the BTC, just sell them on MtGox, hire some guy to use his bank account to wire the money to. Give him like 10% (again, sounds like Nigeria Connection) for his service. Then run. Anyway (2): Good luck!
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 11:42:10 PM

Since no one really knows me I'm willing to give you 10% off of MtGox rate if you're willing to trust me and mail the cash first. 

10 first orders only.  Maximum $100 per order until I receive some feedback.

No need to be losing money on it in fact if you use the site below they are most times paying a premium vs USD in CAD for some strange reason don't bother me as I like making extra money, anyways cash withdraw straight into your bank account from them as well.

https://www.cavirtex.com/

not cash. see title/thread.
nefanon

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 11:49:03 PM

Send me 10 btc and I'll mail you $50. Check my feedback Smiley
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 11:50:15 PM

Since no one really knows me I'm willing to give you 10% off of MtGox rate if you're willing to trust me and mail the cash first. 

10 first orders only.  Maximum $100 per order until I receive some feedback.

No need to be losing money on it in fact if you use the site below they are most times paying a premium vs USD in CAD for some strange reason don't bother me as I like making extra money, anyways cash withdraw straight into your bank account from them as well.

https://www.cavirtex.com/

not cash. see title/thread.

What you mean the part where it says "I need cash for my bitcoin" in the title....

I am saying that a withdrawal straight to your bank account, or any other form of cashing out of an exchange is not cash. OP mentioned that he wants it off the books.
max in montreal

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 11:59:18 PM

Cash.  I'll also very happily accept Gold and Silver scrap, coins, bullion.

I just don't want $1000s going through my bank account every week or to have to give out personal information to exchanges.
If you are close to the montreal area, I have an idea. Get me on msn at maxinmontreal at hotmail dot com.
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 12:03:44 AM

So... Are 10.000 bitcoins going to be sold at an exchange in the following days? Just asking so I can speculate a little  Cool
Als Pawnshop (OP)
VIP

Activity: 103

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 07:02:31 PM

@Max:  PM me and I'll be happy to set something up if you're a buyer.

@everyone else who is skeptical:  I've been already selling on Cavirtex for months and am stuck with the $8000 limit each month.  I'm not looking to screw anyone out of $1000s.  I would rather do $50 or $100 transactions for a while so you know you can trust me.  People tend to trust me fast once they've done business with me a few times and see that I always respect my word and communicate promptly with them.  Many people who barely know me trust me with thousands of dollars all the time.  I'm not some nigerian scammer.  I'm a successful Canadian entrepreneur.  I'll be happy to meet you in person or talk to you on the phone.  Whoever wants to try me out it will be win/win for both you and me.
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 01:14:45 PM

Maybe you can post your silk road user id to prove your trustworthiness Smiley

traderjose

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 01:20:46 PM

these guys say they will meet you under a bridge to do the exchange (to fund or withdrawal)

https://www.hellobitcoin.com/

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 02:17:15 PM

Sounds like a good deal! Then when I get my BTC I will mail you the code to unlock the safe holding the money and deactivate the bomb inside.  Kiss

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
joeyjoe

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 02:45:34 PM

I need 100$ worth of bitcoin. will trade, im trusted here and have dealt with users upto 150btc before. I will not charge back

Bitcoin PHP programmer for hire! (HTML / CSS / JQuery / AJAX / .NET).
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: