Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:56:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy BTC with paypal? or maybe debit card (somewhere safe like virwox?)  (Read 2545 times)
dmcl (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:50:17 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 07:00:57 PM by dmcl

right.. ill try and make this as short as possible.. im buying something in BTC and selling in GBP (british pounds sterling). i recieve payment via paypal and so far i have been using virwox to convert paypal GBP into BTC (by buying linden dollars and then converting that to BTC). the problem now is i have capped my monthly limit and need to wait 3-4 days till my virwox account reaches the next level and the cap increases, forgetting that that is 3-4 days of not being able to get BTC and subsequently buy what i sell to rinse and repeat, i will end up pegging the deposit limit at the next level on my virwox account shortly after i level up at the rate im going currently.

so my problem is i need to find somewhere like virwox where i can essentially buy BTC with paypal, and it needs to be established/trustworthy like virwox as im aware of the common chargeback scam. i have bought 0.12BTC from a member here who has vouched for me in a WTB thread i posted up but no one else here will put their neck out and give me a chance (because since im looking to buy with paypal i must therefor be a scammer  Roll Eyes )

so does anone know of anywhere similar to virwox where i can pay in with paypal and get bitcoins out the other end? should anyone grow a set of balls and perhaps want to prove/disprove my claimed trustworthiness my WTB thread can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=445650.0
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:41:48 PM

It's kind of a headache but you could always withdraw paypal funds to your bank and then buy btc. Or if you find someone that trusts you,  they may sell you btc for paypal money.
saif92

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:42:51 PM

you can try in currency exchange section Simran is also give some services for this

dmcl (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:55:29 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 07:09:25 PM by dmcl

i have already put a thread up in currency exchange but obviously being a newbie and wanting to buy with paypal everyone will automatically be thinking "scammer".

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=445650.0

i could maybe use my debit card providing bank allows me to pay while im overdrawn.. this is also why im not just using my bank account to buy at the minute. and no im not overdrawn because of bitcoins or anything.. i was overdrawn before i got into bitcoins, mining, etc. im actually less overdrawn now as have been porting some of the profits i have made thus far into the bank to chip away at the overdraft. i have initiated the necessary things to get the ball rolling to use my bank account to buy bitcoins but im awaiting a verification code coming in the post and then i can try it and see if it will pay while im in OD or not. that will take a few days by which time my virwox account deposit limit will have gone up as i reach the 10 day/level 1 status which will be great till i peg that limit too (unless i can use bank account while in OD). problem is neither of those options covers me for getting BTC between now and then.. also im not sure how quickly i would have the BTC if getting it via bank transfer, i kind of need it quickly/at short notice until i get to the point of having enough to cover me while i buy more and can wait for it to come.

also reading of how many paypal scammers there are im sort of thinking if i established enough trust i could potentially be the go to guy to buy peoples BTC via paypal safely which i think could be quite a nice little niche to operate..

dmcl (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:17:05 PM

also say i buy BTC from someone and pay them with paypal.. say i send payment first but they dont send me BTC, can i definately get my money back? tbh id rather them send first as i know im not potentially being done over as im sure they would want payment sent as to friends/family to avoid paypal taking a cut. of the BTC i have managed to buy so far i have sent payments as to friends/family but i think if i sent payment before receiving BTC i may be leaving myself open if i were to send it friends/family.

anyone confirm?
saif92

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:19:42 PM

also say i buy BTC from someone and pay them with paypal.. say i send payment first but they dont send me BTC, can i definately get my money back? tbh id rather them send first as i know im not potentially being done over as im sure they would want payment sent as to friends/family to avoid paypal taking a cut. of the BTC i have managed to buy so far i have sent payments as to friends/family but i think if i sent payment before receiving BTC i may be leaving myself open if i were to send it friends/family.

anyone confirm?
try to use escrow for any exchange otherwise your money could be scammed and no one going to help you and for exchagne you can use localbitcoins also

c-cex
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 08:54:05 AM

You can deposit using debit card and buy BTC at our exchange: https://c-cex.com

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com
saif92

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:35:17 PM

You can deposit using debit card and buy BTC at our exchange: https://c-cex.com
deposite available through paypal or just debit Card

dmcl (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:36:03 PM

is c-cex not fairly new? i want somewhere long-ish standing/official like virwox. i may be a newbie but momma didnt raise no fool..

i will only need to buy BTC via paypal maybe 1-3 times most likely as i should hopfully have something set up somewhere to buy BTC via bank transfer in the next week or 2.

i MAY be able to buy BTC with my debit card somewhere well known/trusted/secure.. i say may as im not sure if my bank would pay out while my account is overdrawn or not, id have to try it and see.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: