Poll
Question: Whats the best mining hardware for profit, future and the environment
ASIC - 2 (33.3%)
GPU - 3 (50%)
Buy Crypto - 1 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WHATS BEST ASIC GPU OR BUYING CRYPTO ?  (Read 167 times)
makerain (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:27:13 PM

After some stupid arguments with some truly ignorant GPU ( even though I have as many as most of these idiots ) defenders, I thought we need a poll. I am not PRO ASIC or GPU I just want to make money like we all do.

ASIC. POSITIVE

LESS POWER
LESS INITIAL COST
LESS SPACE / FOOTPRINT
MUCH FASTER THAN GPU's

ASIC NEGATIVE
NOISY
HOT
HIGH RISK OF DIFF INCREASING BEFORE YOU GET ROI

GPU POSITIVE
YOU CAN SELL THEM ONCE YOU ARE DONE WITH THEM.
VERY QUIET

GPU NEG
EXPENSIVE
MORE POWER
WORSE FOR ENVIRONMENT
MORE HARDWARE PROBLEMS / CONFIG
MORE SPACE / FOOTPRINT
GPU FAN BOYS

BUY CRYPTO POSITIVE
EASY to DO
NO SOUND NO HEAT
NO ELECTRICITY BILL

BUY CRYPTO NEGATIVE
NONE ?

More countries need to start producing ASICS and GPU mining should be stopped entirely, its pointless.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:53:30 PM

yeah, it should be stopped all your GPU and start buying some ASIC or buy some coins but I don't think to stop my GPU or buy ASIC. I still think ASIC can do a monopoly on coins though ASIC can give faster ROI than Mining Rig. but ASIC becomes useless after doesn't profitable.

keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:08:53 PM

Well money in mining is really big but we need money enough to buy computer and all the set up needed to mine. If you compare it with buying crypto, i think mining is less a risk. Buying tokens from icos would involve money from your own pocket and sometimes if the market is tough the project wont succeed. So in buying or investing you wont have assurance of a profit or even a money back for your investment.
edwardceng

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:15:28 PM

and when having a mining rig  it's those all an assurance and anytime you want to sell them you can do it whether mining situations it's current profitable or not, that all different when your invest in crypto, yes, you become boss when a coin going to the moon but also your money become smoke when a coin it's a scam or price of coin drowning.

makerain (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:56:26 PM

and when having a mining rig  it's those all an assurance and anytime you want to sell them you can do it whether mining situations it's current profitable or not, that all different when your invest in crypto, yes, you become boss when a coin going to the moon but also your money become smoke when a coin it's a scam or price of coin drowning.

Good post mate
makerain (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:57:26 PM

This is true but the upfront cost is a lot, and you will prob loose around 50% of the cost of the GPU once you are ready to sell them ( not profitable anymore )
dhouse

Merit: 2

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:04:35 PM

there's no downside to buying crypto? eh, you could buy crypto and then it could crash, like it has done recently. At least with mining you can switch and your GPUs still hold some value.
edwardceng

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:21:00 PM

This is true but the upfront cost is a lot, and you will prob loose around 50% of the cost of the GPU once you are ready to sell them ( not profitable anymore )
yes, I have some strategy for avoiding loss such as I sold a half coin for an electricity paying and another half hold a few coins until the price of the coin a bit increasing. or I mining a new coin such as CLO. so far this strategy a good enough (for me, not for all).

makerain (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:30:37 PM

there's no downside to buying crypto? eh, you could buy crypto and then it could crash, like it has done recently. At least with mining you can switch and your GPUs still hold some value.

YEs your right mate, its the same for mined coins though so I guess i am sort of right...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: