Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:14:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is peer to peer transaction?  (Read 265 times)
cryptomichael87 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:33:30 PM

Can you help me to understand the peer to peer transaction process. Is it creates any limitations for the process?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:03:39 PM

in the old system (centralization and banks) when i want to send you money i go to the bank and give them my money and ask them to send it to you and you go to them to receive the money that i sent you and we pay them a fee.

in the new system (decentralized and bitcoin) you and i are peers on a network of peers like us. when i want to send you money i directly send it to you without any mad in the middle through this network that is shared among all the peers called the bitcoin network and store the record of it on this public ledger called blockchain.

There is a FOMO brewing...
vivekyuvan

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:36:25 PM

electronic money transfers made from one person to another through an intermediary, typically referred to as a P2P payment
Captain Sneeze

Activity: 351
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:49:42 PM

Can you help me to understand the peer to peer transaction process. Is it creates any limitations for the process?

Base on what i search on the internet peer to peer transaction is a good way to save on the excessively high exchange rates margins charged by banks for international money transfers.
ngusmin
Copper Member

Activity: 496

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:11:32 PM

P2P transactions are transactions that can be done from one person to another without any third party monitoring, and it's safer to do.

┏━━━━━━━━━ JOIN TELEGRAM GROUP ━━━━━━━━━┓
│▓▓▓▓▓▓ T o o l K i t z A I -  Break the Barrier ▓▓▓▓▓▓│
┗━━━━━━━━━━━ T R Y  D E M O ━━━━━━━━━━━┛
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4447

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:14:55 PM

peer to peer is one person to another person.   NO middlemen

not sure what those people above are on about trying to make it sound like peer 2 peer involves intermediaries(middlemen). not sure if they just dont know or they are trying to redefine it to suite some narrative

banks (account wire transfers) are not peer to peer..
cash hand to hand are peer to peer

EG
bitcoin onchain does not need a middle man or the reciever to sign your transaction along side you.(permissionless)
LN does require a multisig authorisation and hopping payments through .(permissioned)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Goodday

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:36:40 PM

I guess what is a peer to peer ata P2P transaction is a network of sytem communications connected to each other using the internet network and files from each computer can be shared without using a central server or server.
etin06

Activity: 285

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 05:40:07 PM

in the old system (centralization and banks) when i want to send you money i go to the bank and give them my money and ask them to send it to you and you go to them to receive the money that i sent you and we pay them a fee.

in the new system (decentralized and bitcoin) you and i are peers on a network of peers like us. when i want to send you money i directly send it to you without any mad in the middle through this network that is shared among all the peers called the bitcoin network and store the record of it on this public ledger called blockchain.

Peer to peer which is usually shortened as P2P means sending a transaction from one person to another, in such case the both party as agreed on amount and the method of payment.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:43:11 PM

I think peer to peer transactions of bitcoin is considered to be the one of the most successful and characteristic advantage of bitcoin. As we all know that bitcoin transactions are considered to be very private and confidential and this is only possible because of this peer to peer transactions feature, as bitcoin transactions does not involve any user anonymity so the transactions record is always between two individuals in which transactions take place and thus it does not involve any third party seizure.
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 11:50:04 PM

The article in the link below explains pretty much in detail what peer-to-peer (P2P) transaction is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer-to-peer_transaction

Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:57:51 PM

transactions made directly by the user without any intermediary
so you can trade with your boyfriend or your mother directly without going through any third party
when compared with conventional banks, bitcoin is superior to all sides

Al-e_x

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:12:47 AM

peer to peer system is not the same as a centralized bank system, I think this is what makes a lot of people interested in bitcoin, peer to peer transactions indefinitely.

but, which inhibits peer to peer system is banning bitcoins everywhere.
zoeylee
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:24:03 AM

As what i understand about peer to peer transaction process it means that no central authority issues new money or tracks transactions and it is  collectively managed by a network.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
moonami

Activity: 171
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:24:45 AM
Merited by Raven91 (2)

Peer-to-peer Transaction or person-to-person transaction refers to transaction made from one person to another without an intermediary. This transaction can be sent & receive via mobile device or home computers with an internet, this way it would convenient and alternative to traditional payment method.
vmcl

Activity: 73
Merit: 13

be happy

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:33:22 AM

Peer2peer, for example, in the economy, is a model of interaction in which the role of intermediaries is not to resell the goods or services, but to provide communication between the seller and the buyer, to support direct exchange and interaction between them. In general, any model of interaction where there are no intermediaries, for example, in torrent trackers.

be happy
BagzMM

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:33:47 AM

In my opinion it is made by one person to another in an online transaction. It is managed by a network system collectively. It is a decentralized exchanges
that allows the participants to trade the market directly without the third party to process the traders.
prediction on bush

Activity: 231

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:51:08 AM

I think Peer to Peer transaction or p2p payments are payment transfers between two individuals. Peer to peer payments take place via an online form of technology, enabling consumers to complete transactions and transfer funds between their banking accounts.
Keeping Up

Activity: 230
Merit: 22

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 01:11:36 AM

Peeer to peer is a transfer between two individuals without any aid from a third party such as bank or money transfer entities.
Blockchain uses such technology individuals can now transfer to one another without any interferrences.

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction   
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine       
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch     
yron51

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 02:21:42 AM

Since this concept’s inception, many business entities have developed Peer to peer transaction capabilities, increasing the competition in the space and the convenience brought to the consumer
Through the P2P payment application, each individual’s account is linked to one or more of the user’s bank accounts. When a transaction occurs, the account balance in the application records the transaction and either sends or pulls money directly to the user’s bank account or stores it in the user’s account within the application.
ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 05:20:26 AM

The most appealing benefit of P2P transfers is cost. All transactions happen electronically, with the system automatically matching
 buyers and sellers without requiring a middleman.
Many users also enjoy the transparent pricing that P2P networks offer. Currency conversions are publicly listed, and the exact rate is determined solely by supply and demand.
P2P networks are also more secure in many respects. With Bitcoin, for example, there exists a real-time ledger viewable for all to see.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: