Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:06:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is cryptocurrency ever going to replace Fiat?  (Read 905 times)
Sendi blackspade team

Activity: 941
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:26:40 AM

i think no. crypto is very unstable compared to fiat. why not think that both crypto and fiat can coexist. why do they want crypto to replace fiat.
yes, I agree, I don't think that will happen. all of them either crypto or fiat have different functions in the future. although both as a means of payment in addition to investment assets I think crypto will still have restrictions for its use so as not to harm fiat. because if everyone changes to crypto I think fiat will disappear from the world.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:34:05 AM

I agree and i strongly believe cryptocurrency will replace fiat in the future, unfortunately need to accept fiat is very important use around the as of now, Mass adoption of cryptocurrency is the way to open the door to replace.

AdamRay

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:39:37 AM

Cryptocurrency is the future of all payment method due to the decentralized nature which grants financial freedom and power to the people. However, for it to replace cash or the Fiat, it will take years of awareness creation. Up to date, some people do not have access to internet whereas others do not know how to access it.

I know electronic money is one of the new things and is being highly appreciated. But it can not replace fiat money. fiat money has a lot of different meanings. It is historical and you can not use technology to replace it. That is my own opinion.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:07:23 PM

i think no. crypto is very unstable compared to fiat. why not think that both crypto and fiat can coexist. why do they want crypto to replace fiat.
yes, I agree, I don't think that will happen. all of them either crypto or fiat have different functions in the future. although both as a means of payment in addition to investment assets I think crypto will still have restrictions for its use so as not to harm fiat. because if everyone changes to crypto I think fiat will disappear from the world.

I think many people after learning about Bitcoin and crypto at the beginning, they all read that this is a new means of payment and not dependent on the government. However, crypto does not simply pay off as it used to
Naitik

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:21:25 PM

The world is heading towards a great revolution where a modern world needs a better and faster solution to the transaction of money. As cryptocurrency is providing a much reliant solution to this problem. But the main problem is that the crypto is not much secure as it is required to stop cyber attacks.
EducoinVietnam

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:36:53 AM

Of course there is a possibility that we really will face it. It seems to me that due to the fact that cryptocurrencies have been in a stable position for a long time now, we can assume that they will be used daily in the next couple of years
kidbounty

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

HELENA

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 11:48:19 AM

as long as the government does not legalize crypto, fiat will not be replaced. because without the intervention of the crypto government it will only be an investment tool.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
Isuk

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 03:46:11 PM

Crypto is a very good modern currency, but I think it will not replace fiat. They have their own function, fiat is fiat and crypto is crypto. We still need fiat currency in our daily lives, so I think cryptocurrency will never replace fiat.
bogacola

Merit: 12

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:50:27 PM

Fiat currencies will continue to dominate as long as there are nation states and governments are powerful enough to enforce their laws.
zedaq

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:14:00 PM

Those people who still believe that cryptocurrency still cannot replace fiat money, I think that all this will change very quickly, because today cryptocurrency is probably one of the fastest growing tools for investing.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:53:33 PM

Cryptocurrency is the future of all payment method due to the decentralized nature which grants financial freedom and power to the people. However, for it to replace cash or the Fiat, it will take years of awareness creation. Up to date, some people do not have access to internet whereas others do not know how to access it.

Crypto investments are one of the fastest growing investments in the world but I don't think crypto is ever going to replace fiat simply because of the huge acceptance of fiat. It is backed by the government therefore fiat are accepted everywhere in the world. I don't think Bitcoin would ever be able to become that much popular.
Another advantages of fiat is its offline use. Fiat transactions don't require the use of Internet whereas Internet money is nothing without Internet.
Hiylchis

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:47:05 AM

It seems to me that cryptocurrencies were created for this purpose. But when this will happen now of course is unknown. Think we will be enough a couple of years to understand what eventually will happen
hellyah070
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:03:01 AM

No, it will not going to happen, in the first place, cryptocurrencies are decentralized, it has no third-party that can interfere with its transactions such as banks, financial institution, tax related organization and almost anyting. Unlike the fiat, there is something that has an access in order to take a control of it.
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:50:46 PM
Merited by ricardobs (1)

as long as the government does not legalize crypto, fiat will not be replaced. because without the intervention of the crypto government it will only be an investment tool.
Even if government ends up legalizing cryptocurrency, it will end up being regulated and of course it will be limited in a way, so whichever way, there would always be a room for fiat.

Government love being in control, and trust me, there is absolutely no way they will make fiat end up being rendered useless, and even if they do not, there is actually no way fiat will become useless in the long run, as this is a system and one way or the other, it will keep being there and in the end, cryptocurrency will just be another alternative form of payment but we all know not everyone will end up using it due to some limitations or the other globally, and that simply still keep making fiat relevant.
zerocashdev

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 07:57:43 PM

If we talk about the present time, the use of cryptocurrency in everyday life will not be used now because the cryptocurrency is highly volatile and not profitable to use  Cool
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 01:39:07 PM

Of course there is a possibility that we really will face it. It seems to me that due to the fact that cryptocurrencies have been in a stable position for a long time now, we can assume that they will be used daily in the next couple of years
You guys should stop deceiving yourself, this cannot happen. Over time, as the world keep advancing with blockchain technology, there is a huge possibility that most countries will move to using the blockchain technology to put together a proper payment system rather than printing paper currencies, and in this case, there would be more of a migration, and in the long run, we will just see cryptocurrency and these new form of fiat being in coexistence over time.

Hence the idea of trying to think that at some point in the long run, cryptocurrency will get to replace fiat, is not something that can be possible.
Suslura

Activity: 579

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 01:44:09 PM

If we talk about the present time, the use of cryptocurrency in everyday life will not be used now because the cryptocurrency is highly volatile and not profitable to use  Cool
in any case, we must pay attention to the value of our national currencies against the dollar. There is a certain price and it is almost always stable. But Based on this, we can make some purchases and sales, but what will happen if we make a replacement for real money for cryptocurrency, if the market jumps like today, then we can all be homeless on the street.

]
akunta

Activity: 196

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:31:16 PM

it supposed to be a project that aims to change the future ona fundamental way. so no doubt it will take years. i am sure we are young enough to wait for it though Wink the changes will follow soon

organelles

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 05:51:08 PM

It will but I do not think that it will be this generation that ends up using it, there are just way too many people who are backing fiat right now that it is going to be next to impossible to get them to give up something that they can hold in their hands in favor of a currency that only exists on the internet, not to talk of the fear of losing all of their money to scammers, it is just too soon

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: