Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:55:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Markets - The Good - The Bad - and The Bitcoin  (Read 74 times)
Mr.Ease (OP)

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:24:52 PM

This past year has seen an explosion in new blockchain projects creating new tokens and hosting ICO's.

The Good
- Many exceptional projects that provide unparalleled value to the blockchain ecosystem are able to easily raise enough funds to catapult development and quickly return value.
- A large community of investors from across the globe are able to fund these projects with over $5.5 Billion since 2018 began!

The Bad
- Scams, Scammers, and fraud! Big money always attracts the schemers and thieves just as much as it will attract anyone who is interested in making money. As with most things in life, sometimes the easiest way isn't always a legitimate way...
- Low regulation. The Wild-Wild-West of Bitcoin land is in ICO's. Nobody is going to save you out here. In fact, asking for help will only put a big "Newbie" target on your back for those scammers.

The Bitcoin
- I propose that a large portion of bitcoins recent success has been due to the recent ICO craze that has provided unprecidented Bitcoin related marketing across the globe.
- Although bitcoin has trended downward for the past 5months... It is still much higher than 1year ago, which gives bitcoin room to be much higher again next year in 2019.
- **Just In** Bitcoin is NOT a security!

As a final thought, I am still very optimistic about the future of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. I am also I believer that having a strong ICO market is good for the overall cryptocurrency economy and that it can show a guage on how the market is doing. Currently the ICO market is still going at a great pace - many projects are bringing in 20-50 million and new projects are being announced each and every day.
This concept relates to the belief that a strong market warrants strong inovation, and where there is strong inovation there is always big money!

What are your thoughts on the current ICO market?
- Do you wish ICO's would just go away and all the focus can be brought back to bitcoin?
- Would you prefer more regulation to the ICO market?

All comments welcomed - Good ones will be merrited

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: