Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:28:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Custom Bitcoin Artwork  (Read 275 times)
visualplane (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:11:38 PM

First time posting here, sorry if this post is inappropriate. I'm an illustrator and was referred to this site after making custom artwork for another member. My portfolio is https://www.instagram.com/jinsworld_

Thanks
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:17:33 PM

First time posting here, sorry if this post is inappropriate. I'm an illustrator and was referred to this site after making custom artwork for another member. My portfolio is https://www.instagram.com/jinsworld_

Thanks

lol i got visualplane to help me recreate the ZimNote to print on a Polymerbit Creative note, hence the pictures on his instagram if  anyone is wondering. having problems finding a printer that can do it now. the search continues. Also surprise ruined Sad
JanEmil

Activity: 2296
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 08:23:24 PM

Can you do banner work? If yes any in your portfolio to see?

Twitter graphic for posts
Twitter top banner
Profil picture
Website banners different size
Mayber other

Not for me but a site I help a little.

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:24:50 PM

Thanks

lol i got visualplane to help me recreate the ZimNote to print on a Polymerbit Creative note, hence the pictures on his instagram if  anyone is wondering. having problems finding a printer that can do it now. the search continues. Also surprise ruined Sad

Damn, that looks really nice, Tee... Do you mean you are having trouble printing it on the note itself?

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:26:37 PM

Thanks

Damn, that looks really nice, Tee... Do you mean you are having trouble printing it on the note itself?

yea I was hoping a place in town would be able to slap her right on there but most places require it be a full sheet rather than just the note already cut.
polymerbit

Activity: 703
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 08:51:17 PM
Merited by teeGUMES (5), Lesbian Cow (3), Lutpin (2)

I think we can work something out.

I can see that you really want this made. We will print one note for you for free if you give us the artwork on PSD.

We also need the note back.

Contact me.

-Daniele

teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:54:10 PM

I think we can work something out.

I can see that you really want this made. We will print one note for you for free if you give us the artwork on PSD.

We also need the note back.

Contact me.

-Daniele

Will be in touch Smiley I was going to exhaust my local capabilities before I contacted the king of polymer themself.
polymerbit

Activity: 703
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 08:54:55 PM

Thanks

This also counts for you naturally. If you are open to a collaboration let us know. Your work is awesome!

visualplane (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:10:10 PM

Can you do banner work? If yes any in your portfolio to see?

Twitter graphic for posts
Twitter top banner
Profil picture
Website banners different size
Mayber other

Not for me but a site I help a little.

Hi, yes. I have a design portfolio www.visualplane.com
I use to make flash banners, but that was a while back. If I can see visual references, I can make banners in a similar style. Thanks

Thanks

Sorry for ruining the suprise Sad
I had no idea

Thanks

This also counts for you naturally. If you are open to a collaboration let us know. Your work is awesome!

Thank you. I'm available for illustration and design work (www.visualplane.comSmiley
vizique
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1636

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:55:55 PM

Hi

Please explain this work.....

and your participation in it... because as far as I am aware, you are not one of the accredited artists.
And having owned two of these pieces I would like to hear how you claim to have worked on it.
So why is it on your instagram?
Please do correct if I am wrong Smiley

Cheers
Viz

edit: Hmmm using other peoples work without attribution or explanation of your role is disingenuous to the original artist and a cursory glance at your Inst would leave people with the impression you created the works.

How many other artist works/pieces have you "claimed"?

teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:09:11 PM

Hi

and your participation in it... because as far as I am aware, you are not one of the accredited artists.
And having owned two of these pieces I would like to hear how you claim to have worked on it.

Cheers
Viz

edit: Hmmm using other peoples work without attribution or explanation of your role is disingenuous to the original artist and a cursory glance at your Inst would leave people with the impression you created the works.

Hey Viz, i somewhat explained it in the second post after seeing it in his portfolio. I hired visualplane as an artist and I have received everyone besides one artist + the government of Zimbabwe's blessing to have this "re-created" (still waiting on their word before anything is printed).

It does lead to the question of whether something like it should be displayed in a portfolio(+without props to the several original artists) as it is a re-creation of an older piece.
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 10:10:06 PM

Hi

Cheers
Viz

thats a pretty well known art collaboration master piece by FoS and others.
Telling other peoples work as yours is a real shame for a artist.
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 10:11:27 PM

Hi

Cheers
Viz

Hey Viz, i somewhat explained it in the second post after seeing it in his portfolio. I hired visualplane as an artist and I have received everyone besides one artist + the government of Zimbabwe's blessing to have this "re-created" (still waiting on their word before anything is printed).

It does lead to the question of whether something like it should be displayed in a portfolio(+without props to the several original artists) as it is a re-creation of an older piece.

No man,
it's not he copied and did himself
it's actualy photo of artwork done here , let me pull the link

EDIt: nevermind but still the picture used is from the real zimnote that was done and shouldn't be used without permission
visualplane (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:15:41 PM

Hi

https://i.imgur.com/F2zHYGcm.png

Cheers
Viz

Who are the other artists, I have no problems putting their names instagram post.
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 10:17:16 PM

Hi

Cheers
Viz

Who are the other artists, I have no problems putting their names instagram post.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1994652.0

At the heart of this project is a collaboration between 5 well-known Crypto Artists from around the world, including:
  • Zoran Kutuzović a.k.a. Start the Art (Croatia)
  • Satoshi Gallery (U.K)
  • Crypto Imperator (Spain)
  • Cryptoheadd (Formerly Qrypto) (India)
  • The Bitcoin Penny Co. (USA)

and ofcourse moonie at FriendsofSatoshi himself.
teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:24:21 PM

Hi

Cheers
Viz

This whole scenario would be different had it not been leaked through his portfolio.
I have asked each artist that contributed to the original ZimNote for their blessing to use each of their portions. The actual art came together faster than I thought and I am currently waiting on one artist for their go-ahead. Nothing will be printed until I have their approval.

I myself was waiting until I had the final piece (holograms and everything) before I made its own thread and gave proper credit to everyone for letting me re-create one of my favorite pieces. This is a 1 of 1 and will remain in my own collection with my other ZimNotes.

Visualplane you should wait until I actually get this printed and I can send you proofs and all other info for your portfolio and the finished product. I was just as shocked as everyone else to see it posted here and in your portfolio as I wanted to start my own thread on it and have it a surprise. As you can see this has stirred up a bees nest, and rightfully so, I am a big proponent against using people's artwork without proper credit as you can see in my history with frankbitcoin.
visualplane (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:24:57 PM

I've updated the comments, please review:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjqozKMHMsF/?taken-by=jinsworld_

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjqqFTsnsYQ/?taken-by=jinsworld_

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjvvIlJHFVP/?taken-by=jinsworld_
teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:26:33 PM

Just take it down. It is not final, it is not complete, some of the people you have credited don't even have their portions on the piece because it is NOT FINISHED. This is actually pissing me off now.

edit: How does it even work when you commission something and they go ahead and release it before you can even bring it to light?
vizique
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:27:43 PM

For reference:
Some of the originals

Attribution .... yes, please do.
And make clear what work you did, that way it highlights your specific work and allows people to judge the outcome of it (your efforts) better.

If, as in this case, you are copying onto another medium, then showing how it is different and how you have improved/changed it, will be easier for viewers to identify and prevent confusion.

Having looked at your own illustrations, you clearly have no need to appropriate others work as your own.

Cheers
Viz
vizique
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:28:40 PM

Quote edited ....

This....

Make your life easier Wink

Viz