Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:29:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IQ Scores Are Dropping Because of Environmental Factors  (Read 271 times)
randall_boss

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:23:05 PM

I think it is incredibly difficult to narrow down the actual cause of any IQ decrease. How can you say with a surety that an IQ decrease is a result of a specific think? You even pointed out that they don't even know why "environmental factors" have been the issue. If IQ is actually decreasing, I like the idea that a couple people have talking about in this thread already. Birthrates in developed countries are declining, while the birthrates in developing countries are staying quite high. This mean that the most educated people are having less children. In a way they are going extinct, while less educated people are multiplying. Of course this plays a huge factor as parents are ones that should be teach their children the most about life.
Nicholson55

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:29:51 PM

When I have done standardized IQ tests in the past, I have surprised by how much they often measure knowledge. I mean, you need have learned certain things in the past in order to know how to answer the questions. I have seem trigonometry questions on tests. If you never learned the principles of trigonometry, they you'd have a really hard time answer the questions in the limited amount of time give. The knowledge required always seems pretty arbitrary. Who decides what you should know? I don't think these IQ tests are really an accurate test of human intelligence, but rather of knowledge.
lightcar

Activity: 111
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:25:26 PM

It's a combination of toxins that are dumbing us down.  Mercury is everywhere in the water,and Flouride as well.  Most of us are using plastic which has harmful BPA's.  We need to use more natural things and stay away from toxic products.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:36:18 PM

It's a combination of toxins that are dumbing us down.  Mercury is everywhere in the water,and Flouride as well.  Most of us are using plastic which has harmful BPA's.  We need to use more natural things and stay away from toxic products.

I live out here in the rural area drinking from my own well and I make a modicum of effort to avoid some of the most well known packaged food problems.  In the 5 years or so I've been watching this very board I can see the rates of idiocy swell by leaps and bounds.  Of course it could be all or in part a different cohort who sign up and post and their issues may have nothing to do with environmental toxicity.  Who knows?

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
The_Tick

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:11:27 AM

Perhaps we're just not measuring the right things. If the issue is the environment, then I'm sure technology is playing a big role in this. Modern technology surrounds us almost every moment of our lives, from when we wake up to when we go to sleep. Maybe the old IQ tests are out of date. Sure, maybe somebody may have a hard time figuring out a difficult long division question on paper, but give that person a smartphone and I'm sure he/she will figure it out really quickly. If we can do all these things just as good and sometimes better with a smartphone, then does it really matter if we can't do it without? Are we really going to come to a situation when we will do longer have access to the internet? I think it's so funny that schools typically spend a lot of time making sure that kids don't use the internet to help them, when they will be using the internet to help them all the time as soon as they graduate.
Dawson_V

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:52:06 PM

This research is welcome and I hope it will help us save our planet.
Environmental issues are serious.
 People, especially politics keep playing around it.
Actually, we have to deal with it as if everything depends on it.
  Environmental Factors are known to be the cause of many diseases.
 This has been already proven.
A bad environment cannot provide smart people.
Education definitely has its words to say.
 However, how do you get access to education in a poor environment?
 How is the teacher supposed to teach if he cannot breathe? At last, we see that everything is connected. We just have to take care of every piece of our planet, including the environment.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:48:37 PM

This research is welcome and I hope it will help us save our planet.
Environmental issues are serious.

Lemme clue you in to what is going on here:

If you own (usually through a multi-national corporation and via shell companies) a pineapple plantation in SE Asia, and it takes 200 locals to do the labor, it is 'inefficient' to support a population of, say, 2000 to a level where they won't cause problems.  Further, it is 'inefficient' to have the mean IQ be much above what is necessary to swing a machete.  Natural variation will give you enough of the 200 to actually run things, and paying such people and extra $1/day will make them your dedicated servants for life.

If you've traveled around at all, even just using Google Earth, you will see vast areas where there are few or no people.  The planet is NOT in danger of much harm due to humans.  And in places where it is, humans are more and more willing to put up with 'preservation' even when it means some sacrifice.  Lots of places are actually 'going back to nature' for simple economic reasons.  Most of the fear stories are well funded propaganda designed to bring in a 'technocracy' where the very people who control much of the worlds wealth today via monetary systems control even more and to a much finer level of detail.

If you read much of the background documentation from earlier in the formation of these plans, you find novels like 'Brave New World' and texts like Bertrand Russell from his "The Impact of Science on Society' of 1953:

"Diet, injections, and injunctions [a command, admonition, etc.] will combine, from a very early age, to produce the sort of character and the sort of beliefs that the authorities consider desirable, and any serious criticism of the powers that be will become psychologically impossible."

You simply cannot miss that what is happening with IQ, and a lot of other things which people like Russell describe, is a direct match.  Yes, 'environmental factors' are resulting in declining IQ scorse I am sure of it.  The only real question is how carefully engineered these 'environmental factors' happen to be.  The more I research things, the more I conclude that it is a lot.  There are a lot of plans right out there in the open for anyone who chooses to look...which is probably the biggest reason for dumbing down the population so fewer and fewer people will do just that.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: