Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:00:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is best secured wallet - paper, offline desktop wallet, or trezor?  (Read 140 times)
jyotsna060278 (OP)

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 09:28:41 AM

I want to move exchange coins to some secured wallet, but I am unsure which is best wallet, offline desktop wallet, paper wallet, or hardware devices like Trezor. Kindly give me suggestions.
iwanirawan

Activity: 112
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 10:54:40 AM

In my opiniom the best wallet is hardwallet. So the answer for your question is definitely is trezor.

One of the reason is thr security is good for protecting from malware. Because these wallet doesnt allow to install any kind of software on it.

If you have hardwallet the private key will be never exposed to your computer or internet. It will make the hacker hard to hack your wallet
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:00:40 AM

I want to move exchange coins to some secured wallet, but I am unsure which is best wallet, offline desktop wallet, paper wallet, or hardware devices like Trezor. Kindly give me suggestions.
For normal use, the best is definitely hardware wallet, like Trezor and Ledger. These hardware wallets have been made with security in mind. You can even use these hardware wallets in infected computers. Your funds will be safe as long as you keep your backups secure.

As for paper and offline desktop wallet, those two are best for cold wallet, i.e. you're not going to use the wallet for a very long time.
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:11:28 AM

I think everyone will tell you that it's best to have a hardware wallet. This is safer and it will save you from nerves and worries when you open the browser and enter your wallet) It is also better to have two purses in one of which to keep coins / tokens for the long term (half a year or more), and in the second on short term (less than half a year)
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:13:24 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2018, 11:31:02 AM by Script3d

As for paper and offline desktop wallet, those two are best for cold wallet, i.e. you're not going to use the wallet for a very long time.
make sure to be careful making paper wallet you dont know your computer might be infected then you just visit your wallet and your tokens are gone.
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 11:14:17 AM

A paper wallet is most secured one. Next one is Trezor and then offline desktop wallet. All of the three wallets are safe but Trezor and Paper wallet should be well considered. If you are going to use a paper wallet, don't lose it, keep it safe in some fireproof place.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:15:55 AM

I will try to define the safest wallet based level of security.
The hardware wallet device should be at the top of the list due to the it gives more security measure to access your fund.
Paper wallet should be on the second place consider you are securing your wallet manually.
Offline wallet should be on the last place this caused by there is a possibility your offline wallet to be hijacked by malware or something like that.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
rlm42

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:27:15 AM

At the first place are hardware wallets, like Ledger or Trezor. Disadvantages are: Official applications do not support all cryptocurrencies available for storage. Developers do not recommend using wallets addresses for any crypto mining. This can lead to synchronization slowing, and, at worst case - to device overheating and breakdown, which will have to be processed when sending a lot of micropayments.
At the second place is paper. Disadvantages are simple: forgot where I put it, someone threw it away.
The third place for wallets. They are more vulnerable to hacker attacks.
bellamente

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 11:30:55 AM

What kind of crypto currency do you want to keep on your wallet?

I have been using exodus wallet for a long time and I like it. It is reliable and fast. Often add new coins

sangkler11

Activity: 406
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:38:53 AM

what coin do you want to move ??
I think hardware wallets is the best wallets for storing cryptocurrency assets like trezor or ledger nano S
airdagon

Activity: 546
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:50:54 PM

my advice, better use a hardware wallet like trezor. because, basically by choosing to use your hardware wallet add an additional security layer to protect your own cryptocurrency, man. if your computer is compromised by virus or malware that can steal your private key by means of key logger. uniquely trezor is basically an offline bitcoin wallet designed to help users keep their cryptocurrency within reach and very safe. there are still many services provided by this wallet so that users feel comfortable.
musta5a

Activity: 294
Merit: 7

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:01:45 PM

I believe the ledger hardware wallet is the best option, at least it's what I use. The reason is that you can send it relatively easy unlike with paperwallet yet you are still protected.

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITARY |
ROMANALADIN

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:25:53 PM

Nano S from Ledger can contain bitcoin, Ethereum and several other altcoyins. Like Trezor, Nano S is highly valued by the community of crypto-investors ...
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:32:31 PM

It depends on your economy because if you have more money you should buy Trezor or ledger. These two hardware wallet is more familiar in the market. But all the wallets are highly protected in your data and some hackers are always available in the market so keep safe your private key you will never loose your cryptocurrency.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
ZandC

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:36:46 PM

those are good as long as you keep the private key and strong the password also your very keep, personally I choose cold wallet such Trezor
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:40:44 PM

There is no big work you need to do for keep your wallet secured. All you need to have private key secured wallet for keep up well. Then if really have concern to keep your big fund on good place then you can go with the hardware such as trezor or ledger Nano s.

Kindly check your requirements first then go with which wallet you want to start with it mate.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:43:48 PM

IMO, hardware wallet and paper wallet are the best. I use hardware wallet for those coins I want to use and the rest of the coins in paper wallet (cold wallet).
riksen

Activity: 151
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:44:03 PM

I myself use the ledger nano's.
This works really great.
There are also exchange where you can login with ledger nano's then you can send to the exchange and back very simple.
Imagine your nano's going broke.
You have 25 words that you have had with instalation.
You can buy a new one and with the 25 words you have your wallet back.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Anonymous Transactions! ➢ New Roadmap ★
[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[https://privcy.eu/]✅[Privacy-enabled and Secure.]✅
bridgeport

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:48:57 PM

I do prefer using hardware wallet like Ledger for my coins because of security wise, their taking it in top priority and it so easy to use. but all the rest, it's us to take all necessary action to secure our asset.
barlo357

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:57:27 PM

I choose offline desktop because it is not connected to any link here in internet so it will more safe because the hackers can not access in bitcoin or crypto currency.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: