Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:39:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "We asked people what is the biggest problem in the crypto market"  (Read 287 times)
EvaGC (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:52:50 PM

Price manipulation? That's really strange, 68% answered? Very suspicious to me. Maybe what we should be concerned about in crypto statistics is manipulation of statistics like in this one. Ask users of cryptocurrencies and they will be concerned about use. Ask bitcointalk users and of course they think about volatility and manipulation.

Seek out things scientifically. Tell us your sample size, tell us your methodology. This is what, poll? And you expect to base stablecoin on this?

Thanks for the feedback.

We're not basing our stablecoin on this, but on 15 years of experience working with the currency basket GLX.

This is not intended to be a scientific statement. It's a simple poll on Twitter for 6 days, which you can read on the first paragraph of the article.

We were surprised with the results as well, but we can't benefit at all for manipulating this poll, actually we were betting for "volatility", given that that is the specific problem that we can address with our GLX. We decided to share the results either way, even though they don't serve our campaign directly.

Have a good day

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HSRP

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:00:55 PM

The biggest problem for me in the Crypto market is the account security against hackers, preventing hackers is always an important issue and hurting people, so we should not ignore it. , always raise your vigilance. lest you lose your capital unjustly.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
EvaGC (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:03:50 PM

I have been following GlobCoin since I also promoted for the project when it was still doing its ICO and lately they have been doing some poll on many questions relative to cryptocurrency. In my opinion all of the reasons enumerated are connected in one way or another. Manipulation is a big issue because this is one factor that can undermine confidence and trust in the market and without them growth will be stifled and will be difficult. I can also add the fact that there are now many scammers doing business in the world of cryptocurrency as it is now easy to hide and to get resurrected from one project to another. We are hoping that as time goes on and the market of cryptos is getting matured, these things can be addressed properly not by outside regulators but primarily by the industry itself.

Well said, thanks for following
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:09:21 PM

I too believe that price/market manipulation is the biggest problem for crypto sphere. This not only stops people from traditional assets to shift to cryptos, it also leads to panic selling and high volatility. Because of the less market volume, whales are manipulating the market heavily which go against the Technical analysis and hence, leads to panic and FOMO. This prevents people from trusting cryptocurrencies as an investment asset and that's why there is a slow involvement of new investors.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:21:59 PM

I too believe that price/market manipulation is the biggest problem for crypto sphere. This not only stops people from traditional assets to shift to cryptos, it also leads to panic selling and high volatility. Because of the less market volume, whales are manipulating the market heavily which go against the Technical analysis and hence, leads to panic and FOMO. This prevents people from trusting cryptocurrencies as an investment asset and that's why there is a slow involvement of new investors.

The manipulation leads to higher volatility which is good for traders to make their profits
but for more acceptance it is not good. Newcomers suffer from FUD and FOMO which
only adds to the volatility, for me volatility is a problem which also restricts bitcoin for
example being used more as a currency.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bridgeport

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:07:40 PM

GLOBCOIN did a recent poll on Twitter, asking people what was the biggest problem in the crypto market, in their opinion.

"Even though all of the options are REAL problems right now, the results were a bit surprising: there is ONE concern that seems to surpass the rest"

Read more on their Medium: https://medium.com/@globcoin_io/we-asked-people-what-is-the-biggest-problem-in-the-crypto-market-a1ecdacbcde3
  I think global adoption is the biggest problem that crypto currently facing if we overcome this then many businesses establishment and companies will open their door to accept crypto as a mode of payment, volatility issues are lessened because of the stability of price can be achieved through the increasing demand of the users resulting lacking of supply.
btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:16:31 PM

GLOBCOIN did a recent poll on Twitter, asking people what was the biggest problem in the crypto market, in their opinion.

"Even though all of the options are REAL problems right now, the results were a bit surprising: there is ONE concern that seems to surpass the rest"

Read more on their Medium: https://medium.com/@globcoin_io/we-asked-people-what-is-the-biggest-problem-in-the-crypto-market-a1ecdacbcde3
Nice tactics on how to advertised your coins huh?you made it more suspenseful so many readers might enter your site lol.

The biggest problem in crypto are THE SHITCOINS from the Damn Ico team that only wanted to gain money but no concerns in investors and in this community,just like This one for sure it will become another problem of crypto

catapult

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 08:46:07 PM

In my opinion, volatility is the major problem of the cryptocurrency world, because sometimes it causes fear and of course many panic sellings. I hope volatility will has more less effect on crypto.
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 09:39:23 PM

In my opinion, volatility is the major problem of the cryptocurrency world, because sometimes it causes fear and of course many panic sellings. I hope volatility will has more less effect on crypto.

Are you serious? If it wasn't for volatility, most of us wouldn't be here! Just look around, most of people here joined crypto in December when they saw an amazing price rise, I haven't heard anyone complaining about volatility. Everybody loved it! But now, when the price is falling, you want to get rid of it?

dinoloverpete

Activity: 308
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:21:49 PM

Are you serious? If it wasn't for volatility, most of us wouldn't be here! Just look around, most of people here joined crypto in December when they saw an amazing price rise, I haven't heard anyone complaining about volatility. Everybody loved it! But now, when the price is falling, you want to get rid of it?

Without volatility near 100% of people wouldn't be in bitcoin. Only those who started out many years ago when bitcoin was worthless. Don't forget that even if the price is rising consistently that is still considered as volatility. Not many investors would be happy if bitcoin was a stable coin.

crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:09:05 PM

No real surprise to see price manipulation come out on top. It's heavily linked to many of cryptocurrencies issues around volatility and lack of adoption, even regulation in some way as it shows that there's not enough regulation in place to put a stop to these practices.
Manipulation really hurt the market, and it lessen the level of interest with the new investors. Its really the big problem of cryptomarket because whales are too greed to make money, regulation might be the solution but it will not happen easily so whales will still run this market better to know how to ride with the whales instead of panicking.
Ghypatt

Activity: 135
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 02:11:40 PM

i list state price volatility as the major problem. Cyber attacks and decreased mass adoption are also major problems bothering the crypto world

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:00:45 PM

Price volatility, uncertainty, stability, lack of adoption are basically functions of price manipulation. If the price was not heavily manipulated the other four problems will not exist or at least be insignificant.

Meanwhile, EvaGC the globcoin link you inserted in the posted medium article is not opening. Try to rectify it.
Price manipulation exist on every single market and even if the problem was as big as people think it is, I do not think eradicating that issue will help at all, all of those factors come not from price manipulation but by the fact that cryptocurrencies are a completely new technology that is still very new and that will alter all the aspects of our lives.
dinoloverpete

Activity: 308
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:51:15 PM

No real surprise to see price manipulation come out on top. It's heavily linked to many of cryptocurrencies issues around volatility and lack of adoption, even regulation in some way as it shows that there's not enough regulation in place to put a stop to these practices.
Manipulation really hurt the market, and it lessen the level of interest with the new investors. Its really the big problem of cryptomarket because whales are too greed to make money, regulation might be the solution but it will not happen easily so whales will still run this market better to know how to ride with the whales instead of panicking.

Prices won't be manipulated to the stage where they cannot be recovered. They will push the price as low as possible and then as high as possible. If they go too far then they won't be able to continue profiting from the price swings. As you said, it's best just to follow the same path that they do.

wxxyrqa

Activity: 1330
Merit: 121

Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 04:42:42 PM

Price volatility, uncertainty, stability, lack of adoption are basically functions of price manipulation. If the price was not heavily manipulated the other four problems will not exist or at least be insignificant.

Meanwhile, EvaGC the globcoin link you inserted in the posted medium article is not opening. Try to rectify it.
Price manipulation exist on every single market and even if the problem was as big as people think it is, I do not think eradicating that issue will help at all, all of those factors come not from price manipulation but by the fact that cryptocurrencies are a completely new technology that is still very new and that will alter all the aspects of our lives.
if you pay close attention to the development of the company's ico market, it should be noted that the crypto currency is one of the most developed spheres of human life. Although this is only the beginning, so the coming years can be expected to activate this market.
AltcoinsBattle

Activity: 537
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:48:50 PM

In my opinion, the biggest problem is stupidity and greed. In crypto come a lot of private investors, bounty hunters. Many of them do not know what a blockchain is, and can hardly explain the specifics of those projects with which they deal. Unprofessional approach. They create panic or pumps, which creates greater volatility. Of course, this creates a favorable environment for scammers and other problems.
However, this is human nature and this is manifested in many spheres of activity. I myself am the same Grin

webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:59:17 PM

The survey showed biggest problem in crypto market is Price Manipulation but I afraid what people calling the biggest problem is actually an integrated part of crypto market. And manipulation being essence of crypto market isn't a new thing, it has been the other side of market from long ago. How people think the price of forked coin BCH reach skyrocketing $5K and was about to beat Bitcoin! Everything is price manipulation. But when people had no problem it being done in favorable way, they shouldn't even question it when it is moving in other way and killing crypto prices.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: