Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:30:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto security and safety of your money  (Read 163 times)
Bit talk (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:09:21 PM
Merited by auliahr (1)

I decided to write a short guide about the security of your crypto assets. Who believes that he is perfectly protected, can just don't read this post.

Recently I have seen a screenshots, where users show how while DDOS attack on the Bitfinex someone was trying to enter their accounts on exchange. How to protect yourself from hacking and losing your funds?

>> Don't share the mail and passwords that you use for entering the exchange. Don't make accounts on any other resources with the same mail. And, of course, don't make accounts with the same password.

>> Don't  enter the exchange through the strange links, don't try to find links to the exchange through Google. You should either have a direct link to the site or know the site and type the site's address by yourself.

>> Use all possible security measures to enter. You should at least install two-factor authentication using the google autentificator. This is musthave. Anyone who doesn't use this application, it is quite simple to configure it, so don't be lazy and do it. It is completely important.

>>Use all kinds of protection methods that an exchange gives you. For example, Bitfinex provides a whole range of protection methods. Personally, I use additional encryption of messages from the exchange and two-factor authentication and the function "Block the withdrawals for 24 hours when using a new IP address".

>>Do not tell even your good friends about the size of your crypto-investments. Too many ears around, robbing a crypto investor is now too easy, because there are too many anonymous crypto currencies that we can't track. The less people know the fact that you have huge deposit, the less chances that you will be catched by bad people.
Crypto Debate

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:03:17 PM

this are very helpful for crypto investors because some investors facing this problems so if followed this  safe and secure thank you very much for sharing this post in Bitcoin Forum
aleksabat

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:10:53 PM

Save your passwords on a memory card. For ETH use metalmask only or better buy ledger or trezor. Always use 2FA. Use VPN always.

9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:33:28 PM

one of the important account you need to secure by all means is your email account, one any gets to your email that person automatically gets access to all other accounts that link to that email.
give your email account the best security you can think off. When creating a password, always remember to add symbols, e.g #$%^&^&&*_-+./, when you add symbols to your password it's makes it difficult for hack to get through your account
Bit talk (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:11:30 AM

Thank you for add ur points, Hi all if have any new points please share in this form
BIT WRLD

Activity: 71

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:58:19 AM

yes, some peoples facing this issue thank you for this post and its helpful for all investors in crypto market and if I have Smarit defiantly give Smarit to this post   
auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:03:46 AM

thank you for the guides you share here, it looks simple and we often ignore it, but it is very useful and very maintain the security of the exchange account that we have.
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:13:11 AM

The best way to save your cryptocurrency is to use a hardwallet. Other ways are too risky and dangerous for your funds. But the good news is that cryptoboom is decreasing and hacker's interest in crypto is decreasing too.
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:23:30 AM

The best way to save your cryptocurrency is to use a hardwallet.
I completely agree. There's a huge difference between the security of using hardware wallets and free wallet like MEW.

I also suggest for the forum/wallet to implement 2FA when logging in, but as discussed before, no can do.
coinmela

Activity: 56
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:00:10 PM

You have posted good points for crypto investers. its a meritable post but i dont have Smerit. Thanq for this information.
Guys if you know any new points please add to this form.
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 06:13:40 PM

I think your last tip is probably one of the most important and yet most ignored. People brag on various social platforms about how cryptos changed their lives and how much money they amassed from cryptos. Even though all these things bring more people to the crypto world, it also makes you an easy target. Right now the online risk has reduced but offline risk has increased, i.e. gangs threatening/kidnapping people and then robbing them off their crypto assets. Better live like Satoshi instead of Tron Sun!

m4shorVasil

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:32:26 PM

The best way to save your cryptocurrency is to use a hardwallet. Other ways are too risky and dangerous for your funds. But the good news is that cryptoboom is decreasing and hacker's interest in crypto is decreasing too.

Oh really, and what you think about hardware wallets that can be not infected but they use some trojan "as is"? Why are you so positive about these gadjets(not only you, I mean most people have same opinion)? Can you tell how it works if you are so sure about their security?
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:40:24 PM

People often forget to mention how they shouldn't be using Windows (it doesn't matter what version or year of Windows at all ever) for anything crypto. You should get a Linux distro, start with something easy like Ubuntu, then you should also get an additional computer to airgap and store the private keys there or you should buy a HW wallet if you trust them. You should also have a good password and potentially encrypt everything (but don't make my mistake, I encrypted some HDDs and forgot the password, I think the difference between keyboard language configuration made me type a wrong password with wrong special symbols and I can't access my HDDs, so be sure to double check that).

With these steps you will have your coins safe no matter what, assuming physical protection for said keys's containers is provided.
9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:21:40 PM

The best way to save your cryptocurrency is to use a hardwallet.
I completely agree. There's a huge difference between the security of using hardware wallets and free wallet like MEW.

I also suggest for the forum/wallet to implement 2FA when logging in, but as discussed before, no can do.
what do you mean? do you even take time to read the OP or just make a contribution out nothing?
my question for you both, Do you save your mail password and your exchange password on Hardware wallet?
waiting for your responds....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: