Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:35:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a blockchain system be destroyed?  (Read 981 times)
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:44:08 PM

Blockchain system can not be destroyed but Blockchain system can stop if all devices that control the system can no longer be used. That's in my opinion.

You'd need a worldwide EMP to achieve that. How would you destroy or disable every computer with a full node at the same time? Probably the only possible way would be to introduce a virus into the blockchain, but how would you make people use the altered, infected software without noticing. I'm not a coder so I wouldn't, but there are many smarter people than me. For every smart programmer that makes viruses there's another that works on isolating and destroying those viruses.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nelly.G0211

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:55:23 PM

Can a blockchain system be destroyed?

hypothetically, it is possible. But the main point of a blockchain is its decentralization, that makes a blockchain invulnerable to the threats of break downs.

tensports

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:02:20 PM

blockchain is decentralized and no one has control over it so it cannot be destroy,i think its only possible if internet permanently shut down
uncleduckerr

Activity: 202

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:21:15 PM

Well if you have a 51% attack you could control the network therefore easily destroying a blockchain. Bitcoin Gold got attacked recently and if it can happen to a currency that big, hypothetically if can happen to almost any currency (excluding Bitcoin obviously Wink).

Neraj Evad

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:48:07 PM

There will be a possibility that it will be destroyed because it is just a programme , inthe world of digital nothing can not be conquered , but there are also programme that supports the main , that will guard from the destruction, anything can happen in this digital world, because we are in advance technology ,people are always creating new programmes.
Phinoy

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:09:37 PM

Well there are a few ways to destroy a blockchain. One of the ways is through double attack, where more than 51% of the hash power is controlled by a single person and he uses it maliciously to reject or accept blocks he wants. Then there is the fear of quantum computers breaking the crypto.

It is impossible to destroy it or manipulate this kind of technology maybe it can but only them the block chain to stop it but if we say other people it's impassible to destroy it you need more analysis more knowledge about it and it can affect other people as will who are involve in the  block chain.
clonely

Merit: 10

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:21:45 PM

I do not understand what you mean by extinction. A system without miners automatically disappears. But if you are talking about sabotaging as malicious. As the number of miners increases, it also becomes harder to go.

Compiler

Activity: 434
Merit: 86

Community Manager

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 09:25:40 PM

Not at the moment. This is why so many type of business want that technology to have more security.

squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:31:58 PM

hypothetically, it is possible. But the main point of a blockchain is its decentralization, that makes a blockchain invulnerable to the threats of break downs.

blockchain is decentralized and no one has control over it so it cannot be destroy,i think its only possible if internet permanently shut down

This only applies to blockchains based on proof-of-work (where nodes follow the valid chain with most cumulative work).

Blockchains based on proof-of-stake can always be destroyed if 51% of validators agree to wipe out all ledger history. POS protocols can include centralized checkpoints as a protection from this constant threat, but that thwarts the very idea of decentralized consensus...

TonyCharls

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:09:03 PM

No never block chain system is the most secure system it never destroyed . its a decentralized system so its impossible to be destroy .
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:32:52 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2018, 06:53:19 PM by yugyug

Blockchain was designed for a decentralized distribution in other words no such an entity can own the majority of the blockchain to prevent overload attack or what we called the 51% attack node. Blockchain is still vulnerable but decentralization is the main feature to make it more secure. According to the sources it can be decrypted from time being.Here is the story :
https://www.ccn.com/renowned-geopolitical-analyst-says-blockchains-will-be-decrypted-eventually/
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:41:07 PM

Can Garry Glitter music or Boy George music ever be destroyed because someone is bound to keep a copy
and I suspect Elton John will be added to that list once he does a jimmy savel and croaks it if what i am told is true.

Good music the lot of them but like Bitcoin they leave a bitter taste.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:49:42 PM

Blockchain was designed for a decentralized distribution of in other word no such an entity can own the majority of the blockchain to prevent overload attack or what we called the 51% attack node. Blockchain is still vulnerable but decentralization is the main feature to make it more secure.
The only thing I see that can destroy Blockchain technology is the trust issues, a lot of news about hacking the blockchain technology of some well known coins, So I think this can be a big problem if its continue to spread in the future. Technically, we can't destroy Blockchain because its backed-up by a good system so it means this will stay with us for good.
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:52:15 PM

Blockchain itself is enarly imposible for some individual to hack it or modify some things into the network unless he/she has 80% of the running nodes to modify them. Bitcoin was really made tough. Dont worry about it.

Destroyed how? You have to be more specific than that.

By what means, during what time period, etc. Because, eventually everything will be destroyed, including our planet, solar system, galaxy...

Nothing lasts forever. So please, explain your thoughts a little bit more.
You made my day bro hahahha.

zelenkova

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:02:22 AM

Destroy the technology of blockchain it is impossible and nobody needs this technology of the future, which simplifies and provides security for many processes, so I do not see any reason for destruction
Marlo Stanfield

Merit: 280

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:46:56 PM

Well if you have a 51% attack you could control the network therefore easily destroying a blockchain. Bitcoin Gold got attacked recently and if it can happen to a currency that big, hypothetically if can happen to almost any currency (excluding Bitcoin obviously Wink).

Well in this case it's not anything like the blockchain being destroyed as much as it's about people losing money by being on the wrong fork temporarily. In this case and probably most cases it ends up being exchanges, since they're of course the biggest target.
Sam San

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:48:47 PM

You can destroy almost everything in this world,but..nothing disappears without a trace or appears out of nowhere.The law of conservation of energy,remember?

thereactor334

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:04:37 PM

we all know that bitcoin is a great currency to invest in . But let us not forget that there are other uprising tokens that also need an attenTION.
 I suggest that you have to invest on LEDU token or Education token because there will be a bull market in the coming months. So dont miss this chance!
minefreak

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:20:03 PM

it can be destroyed only if you take down every node and every miner of the network...
so, theoretically it can be destroyed but practically not!!!
blockchains are pretty safe from this point of view!!!
poletando

Activity: 364

PlayGame.com

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:21:53 PM

no blockchain system cant be destroyed, even if all country in the world banned blockchain, the blockchain system will be still exists in the world, and I think it still be the good system for right now and we hope all things in the future is using blockchain for their system

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
Whitepaper Powering real economy in the gaming world Onepager
Telegram ENG / IND Group Channel ⟩──MediumTwitterYouTube
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: