Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:26:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a blockchain system be destroyed?  (Read 978 times)
abojamal

Activity: 322
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:42:03 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2019, 09:33:48 PM by abojamal

I think this question needs a technical expert to manage it
But in principle I have not heard of this before
Perhaps the point of distinguishing an important blockchain is safety and transparency.

POZESS
Photo Sharing Social Marketplace That Rewards its Users
✦ ────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  YouTube ♦  Reddit ♦  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:05:48 AM

Can a blockchain system be destroyed?

For me, its never going to happen the entire system is decentralized, the bkockchain is stored  on thousands  of system all around the world, the blocks in the chain are all ordered together by cryptography so its very impossible blockchain can be destroyed.
135cc

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:20:53 AM

Destroyed by what? if you ask if blockchain can be destroyed you should more specify to ask. But, if you mean destroyed by human like hack or something like that, i think it will be hard for blockchain to be destroyed.

nguyenduc474616@gmail.com

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:32:26 AM

This is quite difficult because the blockchain is a decentralized system that is not just a management organization. Wanting to collapse it would have to handle too many things. That is not to say Blockchain's security is very good
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:52:09 AM

If you ask for my oppinion, I think for bitcoin to gain global accpetance a few regulations has to be implemented by different governments. The government have always seen bitcoins has a threat to the global financial system, so therefore they won't rest until they succeed in regulating it.

A few "regulations" put forward by governments should be implemented in bitcoin?
This should not happen and will not happen.

Oh come one guys this is about the blockchain and not the bitcoin. The OP clearly mentions can blockchain be destroyed or not!

Blockchain is not located in a single server or hard drive space but its available over thousands and thousands of servers, pc's which are connected tot eh internet. This is connected with orderly form with a cryptography and thus makes it impossible to destruct at all.

You will never find a start and end point of the blockchain and if you have to destroy it completely then you will have to hack all the PC's around the world and workout your technique to intrude into it.

Its impossible.
Mecedes_JP

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:06:49 AM

No never block chain system is the most secure system it never destroyed . its a decentralized system so its impossible to be destroy
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:06:54 AM

Blockchain is considered destroyed if the information in blockchain is misleading! This can happen, since any technological system is invented by humans. 51% attack is a way to destroy the blockchain system!
InvestICO2L

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:16:20 AM

There's no way to destroy the blockchain system if you are only implying to someone that can basically destroy it without using a massive destruction force.

Decoding, decrypting or anything to make the blockchain system broken isn't possible for now. But there are ways to slow it down but still not a way to destroy it.
In my point of view, I think that blockchain system can be probably destroyed because it’s just a system that human being created. Blockchain, however, will never be destroyed because we all know that how much benefit that this kind of system bring to our life, both in crypto market. Nowadays, there is no doubt that blockchain system is such a useful tool that almost all company, business take the advantage of blockchain to develop conveniently and maybe avoid of fraud and malpractice as well. In short, blockchain is a necessary system both now and in the future.
foaman

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:00:41 PM

It cannot be destroyed because it is like a malware now infected all computers around the world and the only one thing that can stop it is the internet. I hope Bitcoin will be the world currency soon.
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 03:52:16 PM

It will be difficult to destroy bitcoins because of the decentralized system. The nodes are spread in different countries and are not connected to a server. With a centralized system, destroying a server will destroy connections to the system.

braabaffo

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:38:35 PM

Well by destroy we have to consider a lot of contexts. In the context of hacking, Yes blockchain can be hacked since it is a software created by humans and as such, it is subject to human errors. For example in May 2016, DAO was attacked by a hacker exploiting a weakness in its smart contract code, the blow dealt was around $60 million. There was also this online theft of $65 million of bitcoin from Bitfinx, based in Hong Kong.
In the context of destroys as in completely remove it from existence, then that power will belong to its owner and since blockchain is decentralized with no owner, i don't think it can be destroyed.
bitgov

Activity: 1554
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:22:40 PM

Everything, in my opinion, could be destroyed or hack but for example blockchain is that "good" technology that making any issues is to hard nowadays for everyone.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
Straus9

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:59:33 PM

Why destroy it?  Excellent technology for documents, payment systems, accounting systems and other!
cryptopizza9010

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:28:38 PM

By destroyed do you mean hacked? If so, no it cannot since whatever change has to be approved by more than 50 percent of the nodes and even if you own 50 percent (which is highly unlikely) you cannot make changes in a subtle manner, the ledger technology makes sure every change is recorded so whoever who uses that blockchain will see the changes and detect an abnormality instantly.
forestgunman

Activity: 78

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:46:10 PM

Yes, I think it can be destroyed theoretically, but
I think it is very difficult and costly to do so in practice
yesyes18

Merit: 12

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:54:46 PM

Your question is somehow vague. Blockchain system gas so many features and so I don't know what you're particularly referring to. Anyway let's get this straight that blockchain is internet, or perhaps part of the Internet and it forms part of coding and so I don't know how it's going to be destroyed. Well, unless perhaps someone destroys the internet and coding, else it is there so far as the the former is there.

nickwen

Activity: 261
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:20:37 PM

I really do not think so.Blockchai is decentralized, it's hard to control 51% of the blockchain button. Blockchain is one of the most outstanding inventions of the 21st century. You should rest assured about the safety of blockchain and bitcoin.
Korkorjkk

Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 06:53:59 PM

It will be difficult to destroy a block chain system because of its decentralized nature. It does not have a specific server that keeps all the information, but the info is spread in different networks. It will be difficult to destroy a block chain system.

sincenam

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:15:45 AM

I know what you mean but I don't think that blockchain system can be destroyed. Blockchain technology is anonymous and it is really helpful, there is no reason that it will be destroyed.
Bincanet

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:06:16 AM

From my point of view, blockchain system will never be destroyed. Instead of that, it will grow quickly in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: