Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:05:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a blockchain system be destroyed?  (Read 981 times)
lipoicChin

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 03:38:16 AM

Can a blockchain system be destroyed?
as far as i'm concerned, we can not destroy blockchain system because it is digital technology and it is decentralized.
imToken

Activity: 392
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 07:51:32 AM

Once the blockchain system is formed, it cannot be destroyed. Even if a quantum computer appears, it cannot be destroyed. The blockchain is a human welfare rather than a failure. The future blockchain will change all humanity. However, cryptocurrencies may depreciate significantly.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 12:58:58 PM

In simple words, anyone having more than 50% control would be in a position to manipulate in the way he wants thus if anyone is gaining more than 50% hashing power then he will be able to destroy it. However, since large projects are huge in volume, one should deploy high capacity machines to gain the majority of the hashing power and when such an attempt would attain more than 50% of the power, it would make that system useless so I would say that such an attempt would be none other than suicide attempt causing harm to the public.
Waves200

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 04:03:07 PM

No Blockchain system is very secure and no one can manipulate it in any way.
BlaineEvans

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:50:55 PM

Depends on it's usage, everything can be destroyed.  The good thing bout the system is it can stock records and transactions which makes it easy to duplicate and continue forwared.  Destroyed? maybe not but duplicated,replicated and innovated? YES
Coinraptor

Activity: 257
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 05:56:06 PM

Sorry buddy cannot agree with your ridiculous post it's quite an impossible blockchain system is very popular and extremely strong. Day by day blockchain technology become more popular even there are a number of the organization using this technology and many more institutions ready to apply because it is a very secure system.

nickvesion

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 03:24:49 AM

How can people destroy blockchain system? it has a high security system, it is not easy to die.
loloos

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:10:55 AM

As per my opinion blockchain system cannot be destroyed,because it is a digital technology. Its a decentralized system where the ledger is distributed across the nodes around the world. If anyone want to hack the system he need to get access to the master nodes of the ledger but practically it is impossible.
Aponkye1

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2018, 12:30:06 PM

The blockchain distributed ledger is an indestructible ledger which is also immutable because of its decentralized nature. The system is not controlled by just one individual on the blockchain but rather so many other people located all over around the world. Again, its transparent system makes it very difficult for cyber fraudsters to attack the network without being spotted.

jjjfff
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 18

Crypto.BI

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 12:34:11 PM

as far as i'm concerned, we can not destroy blockchain system because it is digital technology and it is decentralized.

Being digital does not make it safer.

Decentralization is also relative. A large enough power could disrupt the most active blockchains, given enough funds.

Andreas Antonopoulos talks about the cost for a nation-state to attack Bitcoin. It's extremely expensive.

But being extremely expensive does not mean that a major world power couldn't disrupt it if they chose to do so.

The question then would be: what would they stand to gain from such an attack? Is the potential gain higher than the cost for the attack?

BitcoinHEX
Copper Member

Activity: 5
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 08:25:30 AM
Merited by Wananavu99 (2)

As per my opinion blockchain system cannot be destroyed,because it is a digital technology. Its a decentralized system where the ledger is distributed across the nodes around the world. If anyone want to hack the system he need to get access to the master nodes of the ledger but practically it is impossible.

A Blockchain is as easily destroyed as it's data is secure from deletion. Setup your own testnet across a few computers you control. Now you have a blockchain. Now secure erase the executables and the chain data. Your blockchain is now destroyed (except for whatever copy the NSA has network monitored and told few about.) Smiley
Vills21

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:08:52 AM

Blockchain system cannot be destroyed as it is a decentralized system and digitized technology.
It is hard to destroy the blockchain system. 
Adrianaaa

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:17:40 AM

i think its not gonna happen because blockchain is the future of the world and day by day people are interested in blockchain.
psctobtc

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 02:44:07 PM

I actually do not think that destroying a blockchain system is possible! Smiley
abysstriumphant

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:20:50 PM

You mean like be gone, like the dinosaurs?
Snowflower11

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 04:18:39 AM

Destroyed how? You have to be more specific than that.

By what means, during what time period, etc. Because, eventually everything will be destroyed, including our planet, solar system, galaxy...

Nothing lasts forever. So please, explain your thoughts a little bit more.

I think his idea is that the blockchain system will be attacked and shut down completely. In fact, every system has gaps, certain weaknesses, nothing perfect, we have seen cases of attacks 51%, but to destroy a blockchain system, and make it stop working is very difficult. On the theory of "quantum computers" or "supercomputers" can destroy the blockchain system, but now mankind still can not own it.
Aponkye1

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2018, 06:05:20 AM

The blockchain system cannot be destroyed because it is not controlled or manipulated by just one person. And also because of its decentralization it is difficult to attack the network from just one direction. The blockchain distributed ledger system has being admired because of these features.

ankhmary

Activity: 63

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 10:36:58 AM

i think it can't be destroyed.
Centareum
Copper Member

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:28:25 AM

Blockchain Hacking(i hope this is what you've meant  Smiley)  is indeed possible but very hard. I've seen in the comments section about quantum Computer. Can someone explain what really is a Quantum Computer?  Smiley
ipsec

Activity: 584
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 03:57:46 PM

Any system can be destroyed.
Even if it is a decentralized network of nodes that is controlled by noone and everyone at once.
Just turn off electricity all over the world, or the internet. If you mean hacking such a system, this is impossible.
This is the unique feature of the blockchain technology.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: