Bitcoin Forum
August 30, 2024, 05:26:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: tool for money laundering - true?  (Read 84 times)
CryptikEnigma (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:05:16 PM

Often you will hear from mainstream media outlets and other opponents that crypto currency is used as a tool for money laundering, drug deals and other forms of illegal activities. I don't know, maybe I just crawled out from under a rock or something and please correct me if I am wrong but hasn't that activity also been going on for a very long time with all forms of fiat currency across the globe?
Seems like a pretty lame argument against crypto to me.
malading

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:31:52 AM

Such money laundering is certainly rare in peaceful regions. However, in war-torn countries, I think such a money-laundering method is likely to happen, because such a method is quick and easy, and it cannot be tracked!

bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:33:35 PM

The media love sensationalism, especially when it comes to novel things that are unknown to the public. They take a couple of isolated cases and generalize against the cryptocurrencies, not with the aim of creating fear, but to generate big headlines with which to get clicks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: