Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:57:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC vs ETH smart contracts  (Read 767 times)
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:53:11 PM

Hi all,

With smart contract functionality being integrated into LTC soon, I guess I just want to get your perspective on ETH and it's usefulness.

Sure smart contracts are an innovative idea, but I have huge doubts about Ethereum as a crypto. Ethereum only really serves a few niche needs and I don't think I quite understand it's intrinsic value.

Ethereum is suffering from major scaling issues at present. Transferring ETH out of my wallet was literally impossible today using mist, and mist is honestly one of the most buggy wallets I've ever used in my life. I also don't like how centralized this project has become.

A crypto is meant to be a versatile store of value and I only really see three main crypto's surviving in the future: digital gold (BTC), silver(LTC) and copper (DOGE ? Tongue).

I don't know if anyone agrees with me, just my thoughts...

id say eth is better and more popular than ltc but i think its ok if they can implenent it so we can try what are the differences between two or maybe ltc can provide better usage than eth and also i believe that ltc has a potential and a one of the good coin so far so i could say that it can compete to eth and will make a name in history.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:00:36 PM

In my opinion though between the two I'd rather choose Ethereum than LTC,  although Ethereum is having a hard time moving up the scale but it had been progressive in terms of the platfom itself compared to LTC. Though LTC is a great coin too but Ethereum is far more better than LTC recently.
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:22:51 AM

I see that ltc and Ethereum have great future
Huge smart contracts
I see Ltc @200$ at least soon
Also Eth should hit 500$ soon
But I prefer Eth than Ltc
With all my best wishes
I hope that coin had best price! But no body known when coin price drump! I known LTC at price $2 , but now i still emtry wallet
petr_ind

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:34:10 AM

LTC will needs time to put smart contracts in its blockchain.
Also, if LTC get more transaction of this new features, I bet they will face same problem as ETH, about the scaling problem.

So it depends on the community, miner, and the function of the coin which will make the coin survive.

I don't think ETH smart contract will be replaced soon by other competitor
cryptogeek64

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:52:21 PM

I'd check out this article about Quantstamp if you want to learn more about smart contracts. They have some good ideas for the future of smart contracts and how to make them more secure. https://medium.com/quantstamp/quantstamp-innovation-from-y-combinator-to-beyond-f8a72de35cfe
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: