Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:45:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Support the #OurWallStreet Protestors with BTC  (Read 973 times)
carbonpenguin (OP)

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 08:49:16 PM

Hey all,

I've been watching the developments in NYC with great interest over the past few days, and have decided the time has come for me to join the occupation. I just purchased a train ticket and will be leaving at 8am EST tomorrow morning. As such, I was thinking that if anyone wants to send bitcoins to support the occupiers, I'll accept them and pass along the USD value of whatever's donated by the time I depart to the logistics committee members. As Robert Foster says on RapNews, "History is Happening"; any support will be greatly appreciated! 19MGtoaza6icCxfvbvo97SF83UgPmBurJo

Matt

P.S. It's actually getting MSM coverage today! http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/wall-street-protests-continue-with-at-least-5-arrested/?src=tp

P.P.S. I'll post the total on the board either before I leave or when I arrive and have internet...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 08:55:18 PM

I'd be more supportive of them if they weren't so confused about who the enemy is.  Banks are no problem when they only risk their own money... it's the socialization of loss which is the problem, and thus the protesters would be much more wise to be standing out in front of the Fed. Greed is not the enemy. Theft is the enemy.
carbonpenguin (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 09:07:05 PM

I actually pretty much agree with your analysis (TBTF, regulatory capture, rent-seeking, etc.); the key is that by having not articulated a pre-existing list of demands, the occupiers are instead sparking conversation about the issue. IMHO, the greatest function of the occupation is to get it through peoples' heads that the current order isn't right. There are competing narratives among the protesters about why that is, but they're unified that the existing order is rotten and needs to be seriously focused on by the American people.
mikethebodacious

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 09:07:23 PM

If you want to help you should just donate BTC to Anonymous through AnonNews.org or anonyops.com

I think Anonymous has their view on the world and their objectives in order so why not support them?  Hopefully #OccupyWallstreet will make it into some mainstream media outlets, it's been going on for 3 days and no reports (not that I'm surprised, the mainstream media doesn't like to show dissent of their system).

carbonpenguin (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 09:18:08 PM

If you want to help you should just donate BTC to Anonymous through AnonNews.org or anonyops.com

I think Anonymous has their view on the world and their objectives in order so why not support them?  Hopefully #OccupyWallstreet will make it into some mainstream media outlets, it's been going on for 3 days and no reports (not that I'm surprised, the mainstream media doesn't like to show dissent of their system).

Absolutely support that line of action as well; I just figured that since I'm going I could pick up some of the stuff on the logistics committee's wish list (blankets, cups, etc.) en-route, and any bitcoiners who sends anything my way will mean I can buy more. That said, support how you see fit, but please make sure to support this action...
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 09:22:43 PM

Hey all,

I've been watching the developments in NYC with great interest over the past few days, and have decided the time has come for me to join the occupation. I just purchased a train ticket and will be leaving at 8am EST tomorrow morning. As such, I was thinking that if anyone wants to send bitcoins to support the occupiers, I'll accept them and pass along the USD value of whatever's donated by the time I depart to the logistics committee members. As Robert Foster says on RapNews, "History is Happening"; any support will be greatly appreciated! 19MGtoaza6icCxfvbvo97SF83UgPmBurJo

Matt

P.S. It's actually getting MSM coverage today! http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/wall-street-protests-continue-with-at-least-5-arrested/?src=tp

P.P.S. I'll post the total on the board either before I leave or when I arrive and have internet...

In the hope you'll show them that Bitcoin may offer some refuge from Wall Street and the fractional reserve banking system, I'll get this party started.

Have a pleasant journey, and great occupation.
carbonpenguin (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 09:24:20 PM

Hey all,

Matt

In the hope you'll show them that Bitcoin may offer some refuge from Wall Street and the fractional reserve banking system, I'll get this party started.

Thank ye kindly - my travel wardrobe consists of iUseCoins t-shirts Wink
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 09:27:59 PM

Thank ye kindly - my travel wardrobe consists of iUseCoins t-shirts Wink

You probably don't have time, but something I've been meaning to do for easier introduction to Bitcoin:

Come up with some useful information about Bitcoin, small enough to fit on a business card
Fill some instawallets with small amount of Bitcoin
Get business cards printed, generic info on front, text/barcode of unique Instawallet URLs on back
PLATO

Activity: 493

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 09:38:44 PM

Let's get Liberato's to accept Bitcoin! That's the pizza place that is feeding the campers. Maybe Bruce can help!

17 Cedar St
New York, NY 10038
Neighborhood: Financial District
(212) 344-3464
www.liberatospizza.com

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
carbonpenguin (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 10:19:43 PM

Let's get Liberato's to accept Bitcoin! That's the pizza place that is feeding the campers. Maybe Bruce can help!

17 Cedar St
New York, NY 10038
(212) 344-3464
www.liberatospizza.com

^^^^^^^^^^
Love it!
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2011, 10:22:09 PM

17 Cedar St
New York, NY 10038
(212) 344-3464
www.liberatospizza.com

Or maybe not Bruce.

Anyone who wants to buy a pizza should call that place directly and ask if they'll take coins.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: