Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:43:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin is worth 180% more than exactly 1 year ago !!  (Read 621 times)
german1080 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 06:49:50 PM

bitcoin is worth 180% more since 15/6/17 (last year), however all media and news portals say that bitcoin is dying, a 180% performance in just one year is extraordinary, where you will find a performance like this ? ... because the media and news portals want to see bitcoin dead? ... in my opinion bitcoin is more alive than ever, and I will continue to hold my cryptocurrencies very strong.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:29:59 PM

I couldn't agree more with your conclusions. It seems part of the problem is that the majority of newcomers into the crypto-space are expecting exponential growth.
They are expecting to become millionaires overnight. With such unrealistic expectations, of course they would be disappointed, even depressed when the markets are
sloping downwards. The media will continue to proclaim bitcoin's death, but it will grow ever stronger. If nothing else, this whole situation is funny to watch.
lillyann

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:35:20 PM

bitcoin is worth 180% more since 15/6/17 (last year), however all media and news portals say that bitcoin is dying, a 180% performance in just one year is extraordinary, where you will find a performance like this ? ... because the media and news portals want to see bitcoin dead? ... in my opinion bitcoin is more alive than ever, and I will continue to hold my cryptocurrencies very strong.
Bitcoin has been dying several times. with every time the price drops, media reports that it's definitely over. Quite recently, there was a similar story. Exactly in April this year.
SuperD007

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:38:06 PM

This is what I have been saying for ages. Smiley

The media and FUD monsters like ripping BTC out whenever there is a Dip, the clueless sheep get scared and start panic selling. The bottom line is that bitcoin grows every year nothing less than 100% ... most of the time way way way more than 100% per year. So if we look at the bigger picture which is annual growth then we need not worry about the daily, weekly, monthly ups and downs... if you hodling then your investment grows at nothing less than 100% per year...
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:49:00 PM

Most of the time mainstream media just writes every irrelevant information concerning cryptocurrency in general, for the sake of having daily/weekly content on the topic. If it will generate clicks, then they will write about it. Mainstream media have always had a love-hate relationship with cryptocurrency, mostly hate though.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1353

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:52:41 PM

They love to jump into fear-mongering whenever they have the chance to, given that it's one of their forte ever since the corporate giants started paying them for shoddy journalism. Most people are looking into bitcoin's extraordinary gain in just over a year without looking into fundamentals in which it was clearly lagging at during the run/ There's obviously no way for people to value bitcoin at those price ranges without any form of artificial price boosts which we clearly know of. Those price ranges were purely speculation, hype and FOMO, and no natural growth were associated during that point of hysteria.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:05:43 PM

Although I wouldn't disagree about the negative, politically inspired MSM coverage, to address your other point

a 180% performance in just one year is extraordinary, where you will find a performance like this ?

there are patient gold hodlers still in the red on their 1979/80 purchases.

What goes up does come down.
And sometimes not go back up again for a long time.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:16:34 PM

bitcoin is worth 180% more since 15/6/17 (last year),
And it's going to remain worth more than a year ago. Every wave that takes us higher also ends up higher than the previous one when the bear market ends.
It's a Bitcoin thing. What makes you sell is not the real data coming from the markets, it's your own weakness and once you sell, comes relief. You stop worrying, transfer money to your bank account, start feeling safe, and then it hits you. You realize that it may not die after all and that it might have been a mistake. Trust me, I've been there.
however all media and news portals say that bitcoin is dying,
They aren't! Your negativity has blinded you.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 08:21:21 PM

Media creates FUD not because it has something against bitcoin or any other cryptocurrencies, but just because they need to make headlines and drive traffic. So the problem is not them.
The real problem is 70% of the community here (I may be mistaken about this number, it's just my suggestion). So most of people here got involved itno crypto in December, no surprise, most people are disappointed and really believe that bitcoin's dead.

ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:21:59 PM

There are some "high people" with interests that of course are greedy and want more btc at low prices for themselves so they manipulate the masses through media that bitcoin is "dying", btc is not good, blah.. blah.. Smart people will not get trapped,but will take advantage of the opportunity to pick up some more BTC. Wink Suckers will panic sell or will even get out of the markets forever due to the loss they had by buying high and selling low. Remember 1 BTC is 1 BTC until you sell. Wink

Keep calm and make calculated decisions! Don't regret later!  Cool
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:23:45 PM

bitcoin is worth 180% more since 15/6/17 (last year),
And it's going to remain worth more than a year ago. Every wave that takes us higher also ends up higher than the previous one when the bear market ends.
It's a Bitcoin thing. What makes you sell is not the real data coming from the markets, it's your own weakness and once you sell, comes relief. You stop worrying, transfer money to your bank account, start feeling safe, and then it hits you. You realize that it may not die after all and that it might have been a mistake. Trust me, I've been there.

May be.But after the price of bitcoin reaches 2000$,I was surprised till the end of year.There is a continuous improvement in bitcoin price last year.May be this happens due to the increase in investors in bitcoin and cryptocurrency.Bitcoin is alive with positive potential.
Darmold

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:35:37 PM

Hype news is easier to sell and it is usually a bad one.
It is easier to know what is going to happen if you see it clearly.
But not everyone has that skill.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 08:47:50 PM

It depends on what kind of media you are reading/watching/listening to. If we talk about some crypto-related portals or telegram channels, then yes, you are right, they are still enthusiastic and convince everyone to hold. But tabloids and newspaper press are making these headlines about bitcoin's death and investors' bitter grief.

chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:06:39 PM

But bitcoin price is now worth -300% after hitting new ATH 6 months ago. Smiley

Anyhow, don't be serious about my header sentence. Im not here to opposed it. It's just that most people really used to experienced price increase especially last. 2017 is the golden year of bitcoin where new ATH established within a short period of time. New people that come into cryptocurrency sees how good putting money here. Since the trend is upwards they didn't even think that someday price will goes down. And now the worst case scenario came and it's crashed their spirit.

The one that understand how bitcoin price behave will remained here. The only one lefts are those who just entered crypto without any basic knowledge.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Len_nin

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

xCrypt

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:13:35 PM

Nor surpising these media portals trying to sell themselves put such scandalous headlines and bury bitcoin due to imaginary reasons,still it has no infulence on people who are into crypto.

xCRYPT ➲➲➲IEO-SALE On IDAX Exchange (https://www.xcrypt.club/)
boakyei

Activity: 358
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 09:59:24 PM

But since the beginning of this year, it is trading negative percentage and if this continue till we end the year, then I think this will be the year bitcoins records negative gain.

tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:08:39 PM

traders working in crypto-currency markets rely on tools that were created for other markets. > snip spam

Although this was a spam post for yet another guaranteed money making price predictor, the idea there is some sort of bitcoin/crypto exceptionalism when it comes to price analysis, is typical of the complacent hubris which is widespread, especially in the last year.
Even this thread seems offended by the insult of negative press...what right have they to talk bad about my baby?

Not one comment on the Gold bubble in the chart I posted. If gold can do that, so can Bitcoin.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Blue Bell

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:30:00 PM

Bitcoin has been dying several times. with every time the price drops, media reports that it's definitely over. Quite recently, there was a similar story. Exactly in April this year.
Well price rises and falls it does not mean we should support or make any negative image of bitcoins as an investment in our country, so recently price was dropped for, and it was so down in price but it does not mean it is an end for bitcoin as we can see now bitcoin has recover and high in price once again so it never ends.
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:47:44 PM

They love to jump into fear-mongering whenever they have the chance to, given that it's one of their forte ever since the corporate giants started paying them for shoddy journalism. Most people are looking into bitcoin's extraordinary gain in just over a year without looking into fundamentals in which it was clearly lagging at during the run/ There's obviously no way for people to value bitcoin at those price ranges without any form of artificial price boosts which we clearly know of. Those price ranges were purely speculation, hype and FOMO, and no natural growth were associated during that point of hysteria.

This ain't a fair fight with bitcoin but we should have to think that these group of people who paid for fake media informations, has their own game plan for digital currency's future. Those hypes, FOMO or whatsoever that could potentially drag down bitcoin and other crypto must do accomplish their plans, and I am confident people will soon realize that this was just a diversion in order to create panic. Eventually those who been worried about negative informations, developed courage and learned to control their emotions so they're coming back again and recovering what they've missed out.
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:55:33 PM

and we'd better take references from media that support bitcoin, like telegraph, coindesk, and others, and that will make us sure and not panic.

some media has bad propaganda to make bitcoin fall and die. but they can not do it.

I will also always hold crypto, because crypto is part of my life. I am sure bitcoin will be the uptrend in the future.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: