Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:52:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-06-15] Billionaire Investor Explains Why Bitcoin Price Will Hit $250,000  (Read 153 times)
Psicotico (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:04:07 PM

Billionaire Investor Explains Why Bitcoin Price Will Hit $250,000 by 2022.

Billionaire venture capitalist and investor Tim Draper has long been one of cryptocurrency’s biggest bulls, and that has not changed during the first half of 2018, even as the bitcoin price has sunk more than 67 percent from its all-time high.

Draper, as CCN reported, has predicted that the bitcoin price will reach $250,000 by 2022, a far cry from the estimated $650 per coin that he paid in 2014 when he won nearly 30,000 BTC from the US Marshals Service in the famous Silk Road auction.

Speaking with financial publication  TheStreet, Draper said that the recent market downturn has not caused his confidence in that forecast to waver.

“Price-wise, we’ll continue to see Bitcoin move higher. I’ve revised my estimate up to $250,000 four years out, so we’ll see Bitcoin trade around the $250,000 mark in 2022.”

Draper said that he is basing this bet on the expectation that cryptocurrencies — he’s invested in more than just bitcoin — will “increase the velocity of money” such that the global currency market will hit $140 trillion within the next decade.

“I expect that since cryptocurrencies will increase the velocity of money, the current $86 trillion global market for currency will grow to be about $140 trillion in the next 10 years, and that growth will be in crypto. In fact, I estimate that fiat currencies will actually decrease in use, and that crypto will become as much as $100 trillion of that market. I expect Bitcoin to be about 10% of that market, or $10 trillion. There is a lot of room to grow there.”

Draper, who is also behind a high-profile plan to divide California into three states (the initiative will appear on the ballot this November), said that he expects the world is on the cusp of a massive shift toward adopting cryptocurrencies, not just as a store of value, but as an instrument for everyday payments.

The recent bitcoin price decline has not swayed Tim Draper’s confidence in his bullish 2022 prediction.

“I believe that in about four years there will be a big change when people start paying in cryptocurrency. It used to be the case that the Bitcoin block was too slow to make small transactions, so it was better as a store of value. But what is happening is that as time goes on, more technologies make it easier for us to use,” he said, referencing second-layer scaling solutions such as the Lightning Network and altcoins such as bitcoin cash.

“Fiat currency will eventually become as passé as trying to pay for coffee with pennies.”

But regardless of where the bitcoin price ends up, Draper says that he has no intention to sell his coins. That, he remarked, would be returning to the past.

“I have no interest in selling my Bitcoin. What would I sell it into anyway? Moving from crypto to fiat is like trading shells for gold. It is reverting to the past,” he concluded. “I’m thinking long term I’ll use it, spend it, invest it, or just keep it.”

https://www.ccn.com/billionaire-investor-explains-why-bitcoin-price-will-hit-250000-by-2022/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:04:00 PM

$250,000 is not impossible if bitcoin can break and surpass this downtrend IMO but we're still in the second quarter of 2018, and I expect as history will repeat when we enter the ber months as bitcoin price will always increase in this quarter of the year/
liberty02

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 07:12:04 AM

Wow that is a real high price prediction even if it is for 2022. From 6.5k to 250k but I also think it is possible as more and more people are getting into crypto and also as the total number of Bitcoins stop with a max of 21 Million as more than 80% has already been mined, prices will go even higher because of demand.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Compiler

Activity: 434
Merit: 86

Community Manager

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 11:10:14 AM

This man has a lot of faith, I do not know if bitcoin will really reach that number, but what we know is that this will not end soon, and bitcoin price will be very high.

Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:50:04 PM

I think this is a very optimistic opinion. It is impossible to make long-term forecasts for bitcoin prices. I don't believe that. But in the short term, I do not see any signals for a trend reversal. It seems to me that all summer the price will fluctuate between 6000 dollars and 8000 dollars. Regarding today's price is a small increase but after a long fall it is impossible to call growth.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:37:11 PM

I am going to be pessimistic about his prediction and advise investors to lower their expectations. I am more interested in how Bitcoin enthusiasts and institutions plan to displace the use of fiat currencies globally and achieve mass adoption. Strict government regulations and how to tax bitcoin in particular are two obstacles I would love to see bitcoin overcome before the talk of bitcoin attaining $250k.
Anatol_89

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:40:14 PM

I think that such a high price is impossible. Most likely, this is one of the news, which is a preparation for the next bitcoin hike up. But this trip won't be so overwhelming.
felixesteban

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:21:56 PM

I wish such a prediction would be true, but to be realistic, $ 250K is quite a fantastic explanation. Even the level of $10K seems quite difficult, of course, we should not forget that everything in this market is very likely,  Nobody knows what's going to happen tomorrow. But the basic problems of bitcoin need to be solved before the price. Transfer times and fees are not at the desired levels. There is also a general trust problem in the market. Fraud and excessive volatility keep people away.

▐ █   CoinFast   |   World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
●● ▬▬   Whitepaper   [  Join the Whitelist  ]   Telegram   ▬▬ ●●
Facebook   Instagram   Twitter   ANN Thread   Youtube   Medium
Krishniche

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:36:51 PM

250K USD by 2022 is an extreme case of super optimism. 100 K would have seem achievable. As of now lets see how much time it takes to reach 10K USD mark.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:15:25 PM

250K USD by 2022 is an extreme case of super optimism. 100 K would have seem achievable. As of now lets see how much time it takes to reach 10K USD mark.
Super optimism indeed. Making presumptions and speculations arent bad but going into these high points or perspective would really give me some bad mood  Cry Bitcoin price is very unpredictable it can reach heights on least we expect but we do already see its history. Reaching 20k on 4th quarter and now we are already heading that way but i dont think history would repeat once again. No one knows? We should mind first on how to pass up or go break recent ATH and lets talk about $30k next.

veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:55:01 PM

a rise from 0.5$ to 19.000$ sounded optimistic too,yet it became reality
I don't see why it cannot be 250.000$ if the situation on the market is appropriate
for that many stars have to allign,but nothing is impossible in this world
besides we do not know what another part of this equasion would be,the US dollar
we take it as something very stable and solid,but the things can change in this aspect as well and 250.000$ won't be worth as much as now

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:52:00 PM

It's not all that difficult by that time to hop from $100,000 to $250,000 in a relatively short period of time.

If you have an extremely thin market where only a few hundred thousand coins are up for trade globally, and a very strong institutional demand, we can go well beyond $250,000 in the future.

Coins will change from owner quite some times in the coming years, and once they land in the pockets of institutions, they'll likely won't be returning back in the regular market, but will be used as their main reserve.

Bitcoin's past history is the perfect example of why we should never discard certain possibilities. It only limits you and prevents you from profiting from the next boom, which is just a matter of time.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: