Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:40:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS: chainmail hackey sacks and dice bags/pouches for bitcoins  (Read 3606 times)
Thralen (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 10:36:08 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2011, 05:21:12 PM by Thralen

Hi...

I have the following items (in hand as you can see in the picture). Pricing on these normally ranges from $15- $25 USD. I'm offering them for sale for the equivalent of $10 USD in bitcoins each, as an introductory offer since I don't have a rep on this board yet. Part of the lower price deal is my request that you post to the honest traders thread once you receive your item(s). I will only ship to US addresses but shipping in the US is included in the 2 bitcoin price. If you wonder if you can trust me, check my Ebay feedback (also user name Thralen) in the high 800s with 100% or my website at:www.allchainmail.com

These are the following: From top to bottom, left to right:
1. Bronze color aluminum dice bag/pouch: shown holding 25 standard sized dice, would hold more (dice not included.)
2. Stainless steel hackey sack (stainless steel shell with aluminum fill links to keep the weight down)
3. Copper (yes, the metal copper) dice bag/pouch: shown holding 25 dice, this pouch will also hold all sizes of US change or the smaller sets of dice (dice not included)
4. Red aluminum pouch/dice bag: shown holding 25 standard sized dice, will also hold all sizes US change or the smaller sets of dice (dice not included) - sold
5. Stainless steel hackey sack (stainless steel shell with aluminum fill links to keep the weight down)
6. Bronze metal pouch/dice bag (yes, the metal is bronze): shown holding 25 standard sized dice, will hold all sizes US change or smaller dice sets also (dice not included)

For size comparison that is a standard 8.5" X 11" sheet of paper they are on in the picture.

If interested, please PM me with your mailing address you'll want it mailed to and which item(s) you are interested in. Once I verify the the mailing address is in the USA I will PM you back with a wallet address to send the bitcoins to.

Items will be shipped USPS first class with delivery confirmation.

Thralen

Supporting bitcoin as best I can with 1. mining, 2. buying with bitcoin, 3. selling (or trying to) for bitcoin. If you make a donation to:  1MahzUUEYJrZ4VbPRm2h5itGZKEguGVZK1  I'll get it into circulation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 11:43:32 PM

That's actually pretty cool.  Do you make any chainmail armor pieces?

Mousepotato
Thralen (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 12:09:50 AM

Yes I do. I currently have a quarter sleeve chainmail tunic in 14 gauge galvanized steel and a half sleeve hauberk (knee length) with a hood in 16 gauge stainless steel in stock. I think I might be out of coifs currently though.

quarter sleeve galvanized (me modeling):

half sleeve stainless (wife modeling):

I do custom work so if there is something specific you would like, let me know and I can give you a quote in either BTC or USD.

Here are some armor samples on my webpage (including the two pics earlier in the post): http://www.allchainmail.com/armor.html

Thanks...
Thralen

Supporting bitcoin as best I can with 1. mining, 2. buying with bitcoin, 3. selling (or trying to) for bitcoin. If you make a donation to:  1MahzUUEYJrZ4VbPRm2h5itGZKEguGVZK1  I'll get it into circulation.
Thralen (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 01:39:25 PM

Adjusted price on offer due to rise in bitcoin value. Will probably continue to do so any time the value shifts a lot.

Thralen

Mousepotato

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 04:24:16 PM

That's awesome!  I have a chainmail bikini top that I got at the Renaissance festival in Texas, but the metal makes me break out in a rash.  I don't know what it is.

Mousepotato
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 04:46:57 PM

That's awesome!  I have a chainmail bikini top that I got at the Renaissance festival in Texas, but the metal makes me break out in a rash.  I don't know what it is.

Sounds like you're allergic to nickel then

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
Mousepotato

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 05:10:53 PM

That could be it... what other metal options are available for your chainmail, Thralen?

Mousepotato
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 05:38:24 PM

That could be it... what other metal options are available for your chainmail, Thralen?

He has stainless steel as long add it's the right grade that's safe, now i'm curious what mouse potato looks like in a metal bikini though.

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
Thralen (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 05:48:40 PM

Material options available are:
Stainless steel, galvanized steel, copper, bronze, anodized aluminum (about 10 colors), bright aluminum (a silver color), silver, titanium, anodized titanium, nickel silver, and neoprene/epdm (stretchy links). The precious metals and titanium are custom order basis only as I don't keep those links in stock and have to order them when I need them.

Lots of the renfest areas use galvanized steel as their primary metal and maybe some stainless as well because the fair requires them to use "period" metals. I think the ones that don't require it have a much better selection, the colors from the anodized aluminum and titanium can be quite nice.

I do make chainmail (and scalemail) tops, some of them are even street legal, I'll drop a few pics in here but limit it so I don't get too many pics in the thread.

Scalemail:
Mirror finish stainless steel large scales         anodized aluminum small scales

Chainmail bikini tops:
Bright aluminum                                   anodized aluminum and neoprene

I have lots more sample pics of different styles, but those are mostly NSFW (not safe for work) and as a result not appropriate for this thread either.

Anyhow, I'll stop babbling now, you get me talking about my work/hobby and I don't know when to shut up.

Thralen

Mousepotato

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 07:52:23 PM

How does anodized aluminum hold up in a chainmail garment? Does the anodizing wear off after a while?

Mousepotato
Thralen (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 08:16:42 PM

In the bikini tops I make with the anodized aluminum (like the one in the sample photo above) I use 14 gauge 5/16" inner diameter anodized aluminum links. It is more than tough enough for the purpose (I also use the same size anodized aluminum link on some of my mid-strength wallet chains to give you an idea). My wife made a chainmail dress (mid-thigh length) using 14 gauge 5/16 bright aluminum (of that size) and neoprene. While she doesn't wear it a lot, she does wear it sometimes and has had no problems with the strength on the links.

Thralen

Sekioh

Activity: 181

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 08:32:12 PM

Ooo, I've been to some renfaires, I always liked scalemail armor and the way it bends and folds.

<OPEN MONEY | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
███████████████    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain Meets Mainstream! ▬▬▬▬▬▬    ███████████████
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram>
Thralen (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 08:37:15 PM

Sorry Mousepotato, I realized I missed part of the question. Strength wise it holds up fine. The colors can chip, but only if they are banged against sharp metal, a rough rock, or something of the sort. For normal usage the color holds fine and if it gets dirty it can be cleaned with blue dawn and warm water.

Thralen

Thralen (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 07:57:42 PM

Changed pricing scheme to reflect a USD $ amount in bitcoins rather than trying to adjust the price daily.

Thralen

Thralen (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 01:02:49 PM

Red pouch claimed, will edit original post to remove it from the list after the sale goes through.

Thralen

Thralen (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 01:55:43 PM

bump

Interneting

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 09:45:26 PM

Received the red pouch really quick. Looks awesome! Thanks much Thralen!
Thralen (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 01:33:12 AM

Still three pouches and two hackey sacks available.

Wondering if there is any interest in other types of chainmail items such as wallet chains, bikini or halter tops, etc... If so drop a note in this thread and I'll see what I have available or can make quickly to list.

Thanks for the mention in the honest traders thread Interneting...

Thralen

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: