Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:17:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant X10 vs Innosilicon D9 Decred  (Read 225 times)
medre007 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:20:15 PM

Hello, I'm new in the forum and in mining too. This is going to be my first mining device so I want to ask you guys about devices and profits.

Giant X10 can mine 7 algos but low profit then D9 Decred.
D9 Decred has more profit daily and monthly then Giant X10.

So which device should I prefer? I'm a little bit afraid of the Decred because of the future. What do you think about the D9 and future profit? Is it going to fall as Siacoin does?

Waiting for answers thank you:)
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:10:01 AM

I was recently doing a similar calculus.  I just bought a BK-X (arrived yesterday in fact).  Basically because it has more options to mine, and they can add algorithms.  When they released this as the X10 it only mined 5 algorithms and they added two more.  It seems likely that they will mine for themselves initially when they build the miner software to mine more algos but they did in fact eventually release the firmware to mine the other two to everyone, so it's certainly possible that they could continue to add more later.

The decred miner is less versatile and in the longer term that means it will probably have a shorter useful lifespan.

I don't have the money to buy all the miners that come out, but I like to diversify a bit.  I think the BK-X is a good choice for something that is likely to make money over the long term but some of the single algorithm miners can make really good money if you get in on an early batch.  But the way things are going, single algo miners are a bit of a gamble.  The recent X11 miners burned everyone who bought one.  But some of the various blake algo miners made insanely good profit for the first people who got their hands on them.
medre007 (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 07:07:11 PM

I was recently doing a similar calculus.  I just bought a BK-X (arrived yesterday in fact).  Basically because it has more options to mine, and they can add algorithms.  When they released this as the X10 it only mined 5 algorithms and they added two more.  It seems likely that they will mine for themselves initially when they build the miner software to mine more algos but they did in fact eventually release the firmware to mine the other two to everyone, so it's certainly possible that they could continue to add more later.

The decred miner is less versatile and in the longer term that means it will probably have a shorter useful lifespan.

I don't have the money to buy all the miners that come out, but I like to diversify a bit.  I think the BK-X is a good choice for something that is likely to make money over the long term but some of the single algorithm miners can make really good money if you get in on an early batch.  But the way things are going, single algo miners are a bit of a gamble.  The recent X11 miners burned everyone who bought one.  But some of the various blake algo miners made insanely good profit for the first people who got their hands on them.

Yes thats what im thinking. Im thinking for long term
belaweb2

Activity: 490
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 06:59:44 AM

But all algos of the X10 are more or less oversold yet... not a good investment any more IMHO...

If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
medre007 (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:58:58 AM

But all algos of the X10 are more or less oversold yet... not a good investment any more IMHO...

what should i do? I will buy tomorrow and i need to decide
KaydenC

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 11:24:09 AM

Try to negotiate with baikal on the X10 price (easier if you are buying 5+ units, but given that you are considering D9, I guess you may be spending at least 5.5k). They priced it at $1599 back when it was $10 in profit per day, now that it's $7-$7.5, they might give some level of discount.

They are kinda flexible, I got $50 discount per unit for grabbing 7pcs in late May.
Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:16:16 PM

If you're willing to afford it, maybe one of each.. Seems good to diversify
medre007 (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:31:09 PM

If you're willing to afford it, maybe one of each.. Seems good to diversify

I can afford only one of them.

BTW I can afford 1 X10 and Z9 Mini.

What do you guys think about z9 mini? should I buy it too with x10?

I don't know what is hard fork. I did a little bit research but still didn't understand.

Is it a good investment to buy z9 mini?
StoneyJake

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:44:08 PM

that z9 mini is risky now that its on the 4th batch but cheaper. if anything i would hold off on buying a miner right now and wait for the next big money maker so you can try to get in right when they are released. pay attention to mining blogs and follow all the manufactures on social media. The next big great miner could be right around the corner...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: