Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:24:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Butterfly Labs give their customers a FREEEEEE "Monarch"?
YES!!! It's about time they bless their customers with something for freeee
NOPE!!! "FREE Water is All they will get" by Josh

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} Butterfly Labs giving their customers a FREEEEEE "Monarch"  (Read 5364 times)
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:17:19 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 09:58:12 PM by LittleD

First off  I would like to say Thank you Cointerra, you are number 1 in my books. A free rig, wow Shocked , Butterfly Labs should take notes, SEEE how Cointerra loves and will go the extra mile for their customers.

Cointerra goes the extra mile for their customers.

"All customers who ordered the first batch of TerraMiner IV units, scheduled to ship in December, will now receive a second rig, free of charge."

Sincerely,
Team CoinTerra

Butterfly Labs should be ashamed of themselves.
~Do you think BFL will give you an extra right???
~Why don't they treat their customer with respected Huh
~Customers will only receiver Free water with their rig? What The What Huh

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitchardo

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:47:40 AM

It sounds like you ordered a nonarch without doing due diligence. I'm a former BFL customer, and none of us were recommending them...
As for cointerra, are you an actual customer, or are you using them to make a point about BFL?
Cointerra is not #1. They are under-delivering, and they're making up for their underestimation with...coupons. As though any of us will ever order from them again.
back to KnC baby
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:00:11 AM

It sounds like you ordered a nonarch without doing due diligence. I'm a former BFL customer, and none of us were recommending them...
As for cointerra, are you an actual customer, or are you using them to make a point about BFL?
Cointerra is not #1. They are under-delivering, and they're making up for their underestimation with...coupons. As though any of us will ever order from them again.
back to KnC baby

wow and this is your second post ? righ Huh lol... Listen Here "Josh or should i call you Inabafu or Bitchardo  " yes, I have a Cointerra on the way and I can wait to receive the second one for Free Smiley Let me tell you "Josh" i didn’t buy a "nonarch/monarch" :0)

i made it my personal goal to do whatever it takes to inform Newbies (like you) about BFL.

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:44:33 AM

BFL gives you lots of things ....

Excuses
Abuse
Delays
Losses

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:38:35 AM

o yea, they will sure do it ... how can u open such topic ? ...
perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:34:22 PM

back to KnC baby

"KnC baby" doesn't care about you anymore, except as a source of ancillary revenue.  They are building one of the world's largest data centres... 
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:02:41 PM

back to KnC baby

"KnC baby" doesn't care about you anymore, except as a source of ancillary revenue.  They are building one of the world's largest data centres... 

Yep, they did say the KnC Jupiter would probably be their last consumer product.

cryptotechguy

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 05:24:58 PM

Wow, bfl is such a scam, people should remember their 15 months long lies...
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:42:15 PM

o yea, they will sure do it ... how can u open such topic ? ...

I think its a great topic... Cointerra is going the extra mile to HELP their customers and not just to use them for their own Glory. Butterfly Labs uses their customers for their own Glory and to ONLY to Build their own Empire.

Bordomboy

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:01:16 PM

I have to admit, I've always been pretty amused by the butthurtness against BFL... but I'll explain why:

I came across a guy on ebay selling pre-orders for jalapenos at $600 bucks as early as July 2012... after doing a bit of research on the new "ASIC" devices that were being imagined, I looked up BFL's site directly and saw they were selling pre-orders for $150. I thought, "this is as big of a gamble as the $400 I spent on buying bitcoin at $6 and now its at $10, so what the hell."

Sure, I saw they were supposed to ship in October and it was August 2012 at the time, but I had just sold a bunch of crap on ebay and had some paypal money sitting around. So I went for it.

Since I was/am a believer in the future value of Bitcoins, there was no way I was going to spend (and potentially lose) 15 bitcoins on it, but $150? Sure, that's essentially nothing since it won't be worth $150 if spent later.

October came and went..... and I'd almost forgotten about the purchase. Then came the beginning of the great mania of early 2013 when the price started climbing....$20, $30, $40, $65.... that's when I started looking at what happened to that $150 I'd spent.... and that was when I first found the people FREAKING OUT that they'd sunk bitcoins into their pre-orders and those little devices were now costing them $1000.

"Huh," I thought, "...well, at least I'm only out $150 in play-money from paypal."

Then towards the end of May, I got an email from BFL asking me if I wanted to upgrade my device to 7.5gh/s for an extra $100... I quickly wrote back asking if it would change my place in the shipping cue.... to which they responded, "No, you are still scheduled to ship at the end of May." So another $100 of paypal money went to BFL.  So along with shipping, I was in for a grand total of $265.

Just as promised, my box arrived about a week later.... 10 months after I gambled on a preorder.... and now 8 months later, it has mined me about 11 bitcoins. Of course, it doesn't generate that much now... but if one is long on bitcoin, then even .002 a day is something.

I've remained silent about my positive experience with BFL since there are still people who are pretty butthurt about their unsuccessful gambling, but I figure now is as good of a time as any to say: THANKS BFL!
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:04:04 PM

I have to admit, I've always been pretty amused by the butthurtness against BFL... but I'll explain why:

I came across a guy on ebay selling pre-orders for jalapenos at $600 bucks as early as July 2012... after doing a bit of research on the new "ASIC" devices that were being imagined, I looked up BFL's site directly and saw they were selling pre-orders for $150. I thought, "this is as big of a gamble as the $400 I spent on buying bitcoin at $6 and now its at $10, so what the hell."

Sure, I saw they were supposed to ship in October and it was August 2012 at the time, but I had just sold a bunch of crap on ebay and had some paypal money sitting around. So I went for it.

Since I was/am a believer in the future value of Bitcoins, there was no way I was going to spend (and potentially lose) 15 bitcoins on it, but $150? Sure, that's essentially nothing since it won't be worth $150 if spent later.

October came and went..... and I'd almost forgotten about the purchase. Then came the beginning of the great mania of early 2013 when the price started climbing....$20, $30, $40, $65.... that's when I started looking at what happened to that $150 I'd spent.... and that was when I first found the people FREAKING OUT that they'd sunk bitcoins into their pre-orders and those little devices were now costing them $1000.

"Huh," I thought, "...well, at least I'm only out $150 in play-money from paypal."

Then towards the end of May, I got an email from BFL asking me if I wanted to upgrade my device to 7.5gh/s for an extra $100... I quickly wrote back asking if it would change my place in the shipping cue.... to which they responded, "No, you are still scheduled to ship at the end of May." So another $100 of paypal money went to BFL.  So along with shipping, I was in for a grand total of $265.

Just as promised, my box arrived about a week later.... 10 months after I gambled on a preorder.... and now 8 months later, it has mined me about 11 bitcoins. Of course, it doesn't generate that much now... but if one is long on bitcoin, then even .002 a day is something.

I've remained silent about my positive experience with BFL since there are still people who are pretty butthurt about their unsuccessful gambling, but I figure now is as good of a time as any to say: THANKS BFL!
It amazes me how ONLY newbies accounts are giving positive feed back... for all I know this is probably another  Inababas/Josh's accounts Huh  Grin but hey thanks for the post Smiley YOU should keep on buying from BFL, hope it goes well for you Smiley

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:14:11 PM

I don't understand this logic at all.  If there's no way you were going to spend (and potentially lose) 15 Bitcoins on it, then why did you not simply buy 15 Bitcoins with that $150?  Obviously that was the most valuable option, since in your mind, the Bitcoins were worth more than the miner, and the miner was worth more than the $150.

As for people who feel they got "screwed" by BFL, I have no sympathy.  They are a largely unregulated company, and you pre-ordered from them.  It was a risk, a bet that you lost.  Sorry, but that is no fault except your own.

Full disclosure:  I had a first-day preorder for 60GH/s units from BFL.  I spent 450 BTC on them, and made maybe 100 BTC back at this point.  I would have been far better off simply holding the BTC I had, but that is a lesson learned, and I don't hold anyone but myself responsible for it.  People who are butthurt about it should learn from their mistakes and stop pre-ordering miners.
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:34:14 PM

Full disclosure:  I had a first-day preorder for 60GH/s units from BFL.  I spent 450 BTC on them, and made maybe 100 BTC back at this point.  I would have been far better off simply holding the BTC I had, but that is a lesson learned, and I don't hold anyone but myself responsible for it.  People who are butthurt about it should learn from their mistakes and stop pre-ordering miners.

Very true, Just for the record I am butthurt lol :0) but Ill get over it in 2 weeks LOL ~
But like I said, I don't want others to make the same mistake WE made Smiley

bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:07:30 PM

Very true, Just for the record I am butthurt lol :0) but Ill get over it in 2 weeks LOL ~
The sad part about this is that you try so hard to prevent people from 'making the same mistake' you did, yet you go so over the top that you actually end up promoting the company instead of hindering it.  Your keep the BFL name right up there are the top for all to see, and the average person who reads it will basically roll their eyes at the rabid posts by all the Butthurt Fairy Lads who feel it is their civic duty to point out every little mistake as if it were a crime against God.

Caveat Emptor is all that needs to be said, in truth about ALL asic companies, but there are fools out there who seem to think they can still strike it rich.  It's the California Gold Rush all over again, and the guy selling shovels is the only smart one in the bunch.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:50:16 PM

The sad part about this is that you try so hard to prevent people from 'making the same mistake' you did, yet you go so over the top that you actually end up promoting the company instead of hindering it.  Your keep the BFL name right up there are the top for all to see, and the average person who reads it will basically roll their eyes at the rabid posts by all the Butthurt Fairy Lads who feel it is their civic duty to point out every little mistake as if it were a crime against God.

Caveat Emptor is all that needs to be said, in truth about ALL asic companies, but there are fools out there who seem to think they can still strike it rich.  It's the California Gold Rush all over again, and the guy selling shovels is the only smart one in the bunch.

Very true :!) but I don't like the Shovels BFL makes. I would much rather warn and inform my fellow miners about the shovels out their Smiley

Also if you google BFL and look up reviews, the main one out their are negative and my post are one of the TOP 10 negative reviews Smiley

joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:46:49 PM

No such thing as bad advertising right BCP?

I'd have to disagree.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:12:06 PM

I'm sorry, but if you ordered a Monarch it is your own fault. You'd have to be a retard to think that they were going to deliver it anywhere near on time when they said they would. You would know this if you did any research at all in to BFL.  And if you didn't do any research, again, it's your fault.

I do feel bad for anyone who ordered pre-Monarch products like the Jalapeno etc.  But the Monarch.  Ya that's your own fault buddy.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:15:48 PM

I'm sorry, but if you ordered a Monarch it is your own fault. You'd have to be a retard to think that they were going to deliver it anywhere near on time when they said they would. You would know this if you did any research at all in to BFL.  And if you didn't do any research, again, it's your fault.

I do feel bad for anyone who ordered pre-Monarch products like the Jalapeno etc.  But the Monarch.  Ya that's your own fault buddy.

I love your signature but you left BFL out :?)
"newbs:  a lot of great people in the world of bitcoin, but also a lot of scammers and assholes, like Jon Montroll / Ukyo of bitfunder / weexchange, so be careful !"

glendall

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:31:57 PM

Then they are doing a good thing. They are sending sheeple newbies over the cliff like lemmings.

We win.

They won't make any money by buying BFL, they will also basically go broke by BFL.

Win/Win?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:38:07 PM

Every newbie should buy from BFL in bulk.

When they realize the mistake they made, they won't be able to get their (re)funds back, right BCP?

BFL is helping the community by weeding out the unwise and alleviating them of their wallets full of cash and any notions of profit. Lets welcome them, these newbies never had a chance to see what hit them after buying from BFL.

BFL is the scarecrow of the Bitcoin Community. Except this scarecrow digs pits and lemmings fall right in never to (hopefully) recover.

---------------------------

We can just get rich from all the discouragement that people get when they invest in the wrong....I mean right company.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: