Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:52:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: closed  (Read 27665 times)
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:55:09 PM

If someone actually sends 1 BTC, it will take a long while for all the 0.001 senders to get any return at all.
Actually, I set it up to prioritize the small transactions. The 1 BTC depositor will have to wait a while, and everyone else will get paid out as soon as their transaction confirms (this makes sense since the 1 BTC guy is making more money anyway).

Why prioritizing small transactions ? Isn't better to just pay by order ?
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 02:59:04 PM

If someone actually sends 1 BTC, it will take a long while for all the 0.001 senders to get any return at all.
Actually, I set it up to prioritize the small transactions. The 1 BTC depositor will have to wait a while, and everyone else will get paid out as soon as their transaction confirms (this makes sense since the 1 BTC guy is making more money anyway).

How long are we talking for the 1 BTC guy?  hours or days?

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
h3rlihy

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:08:15 PM

I agree with this. Seems by order would be fairer. Although then I guess if someone dumps a whole BTC into it nobody else will be getting sh*t for a while. Just discourages larger deposits I guess.
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:20:16 PM

I agree with this. Seems by order would be fairer. Although then I guess if someone dumps a whole BTC into it nobody else will be getting sh*t for a while. Just discourages larger deposits I guess.

Why not dividing deposit? Make a Max limit per pay.
NanoAkron

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:36:23 PM

Do you idiot children not understand what he's doing? He's paying out small transactions because he needs increasingly larger amounts of money to pay out the big ones, and paying out small ones increases trust.

Christ what a bunch of retards you all are.
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:09:48 PM

Do you idiot children not understand what he's doing? He's paying out small transactions because he needs increasingly larger amounts of money to pay out the big ones, and paying out small ones increases trust.

Christ what a bunch of retards you all are.

Actually you are retarded :
Paying out small transaction is not an incentive for large deposit.
Small deposit do not pay for the big one.

That's why I think I would be better to pay by order or to fraction large deposit.
It would be an incentive for more deposit volume.
NanoAkron

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:13:40 PM

Says the man taking part in a Ponzi scheme...
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:19:25 PM

You still don't understand. "Ponzi" is a play on word. You cannot be a ponzi and be transparent.
Ponzi schemes often use a pyramidal system and that's the link between Ponzi.io and a real ponzi.

You probably don't know but it is not the first "fair-ponzi" we see in Bitcoins, there was many of them and they were not scams.

The gem-system is similar : you take control of a gem for an amount and wait for someone else to take control after you to get back your money with interest.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 2207

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 04:31:41 PM

The gem-system is similar : you take control of a gem for an amount and wait for someone else to take control after you to get back your money with interest.
I think that is the best description of this website.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
ponzi_io (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:30:46 PM

It goes by order too, it is just weighted so that small ones jump up a few spots. If this didn't happen, every large deposit there would be a long period of time before anyone got paid out (then suddenly everything would pay out at once), and I want people to see it is actually paying out.
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 06:32:27 PM

You still don't understand. "Ponzi" is a play on word. You cannot be a ponzi and be transparent.
Ponzi schemes often use a pyramidal system and that's the link between Ponzi.io and a real ponzi.

You probably don't know but it is not the first "fair-ponzi" we see in Bitcoins, there was many of them and they were not scams.

To me this is a ponzi.  If people stopped playing, the last person(s) would lose their BTC. You NEED more people to keep paying to pay out the people from before.  That is a Ponzi, plain and simple.  Hey it's going to work for some people, but someone will get burned.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:31:13 PM

To me this is a ponzi.  If people stopped playing, the last person(s) would lose their BTC. You NEED more people to keep paying to pay out the people from before.  That is a Ponzi, plain and simple.  Hey it's going to work for some people, but someone will get burned.

No "to you" about it. Things are what they are, and various idiots who imagine reality is layered on top of their perception rather than the other way around really enjoy the idea that they'll get something good out of doing pretty much nothing at all (but you know, being nice about it).

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
h3rlihy

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:47:59 AM

I have actually tried this multiple times now and it always comes back with interest. It's a fun game!
NanoAkron

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:27:14 AM

To me this is a ponzi.  If people stopped playing, the last person(s) would lose their BTC. You NEED more people to keep paying to pay out the people from before.  That is a Ponzi, plain and simple.  Hey it's going to work for some people, but someone will get burned.

No "to you" about it. Things are what they are, and various idiots who imagine reality is layered on top of their perception rather than the other way around really enjoy the idea that they'll get something good out of doing pretty much nothing at all (but you know, being nice about it).

MPOE-PR, the more I read this site the more I realise why you call out scams so often. Because of shit like this. Clearer scams couldn't come along any other day - these guys are calling themselves a Ponzi scheme, running a Ponzi scheme yet the players want to believe it's not a Ponzi scheme. It's going to be something different and special this time. The rainbow-shitting unicorns won't stop this time.

Note to the idiots still playing this game: one day soon it will stop paying out, and the last people to pay in will lose everything.
Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:22:02 AM

MPOE-PR, the more I read this site the more I realise why you call out scams so often. Because of shit like this. Clearer scams couldn't come along any other day - these guys are calling themselves a Ponzi scheme, running a Ponzi scheme yet the players want to believe it's not a Ponzi scheme. It's going to be something different and special this time. The rainbow-shitting unicorns won't stop this time.

Note to the idiots still playing this game: one day soon it will stop paying out, and the last people to pay in will lose everything.

Congrats for catching on.

Pirateat40 ran a nearly perfectly transparent ponzi. If it wasn't for his GPUMax mining operation it would have been totally so.

This is Bitcoin.

h3rlihy

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:35:17 AM

It's just a game. A gamble. A little bit of fun. As long as nobody drops their life-savings into it I really don't see the harm.
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 02:53:15 AM

If someone sent in 1 BTC, then it would take forever to get that one done and all the little ones would be held up.
FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:20:37 AM

It goes by order too, it is just weighted so that small ones jump up a few spots. If this didn't happen, every large deposit there would be a long period of time before anyone got paid out (then suddenly everything would pay out at once), and I want people to see it is actually paying out.

In giant letters on your site it says "Send BTC. Get 120% back when the next person sends."

Are you now saying that that is a lie?

ponzi_io (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:24:06 AM

In giant letters on your site it says "Send BTC. Get 120% back when the next person sends."

Not exactly a lie, just an oversimplification.
FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:38:12 AM

Not exactly a lie, just an oversimplification.

That's not what the word means.

If someone sends in 1BTC and doesn't get 1.2BTC back whenever the very next person sends in an amount, no matter how small that second amount is, then "Send BTC. Get 120% back when the next person sends." is a lie.  Because what you said would happen is not, in fact, happening.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: