Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 01:35:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alert about the scam project  (Read 424 times)
congnghi100 (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:00:43 AM

3. Some airdrops send us an email to KYC and follow us to a fake side.
They are only collecting information from their airdroppers and everyone should be warned and aware about that.

Don't be also get fooled if they are asking airdroppers to pay or send a little amount of ETH direct to their address, it's a scam. Airdrops should be free and without payment.

Also don't give them your private keys if they ask to.

Yes, you'r right. In airdrop, we must say NO with fee, private key
noxlord93

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 07:05:10 AM

quite right, now there is a lot of deception, because the projects do not pass any verification .. I think this problem will be solved in the future and the investments will be safe but less profitable
Domenc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 02:30:21 PM

This is totally valid. There are so many scam projects that their percentage is increasing day by day. Scam projects have made the choice very difficult for people and people end up showing no interest in any bounty project at the end. Other than the signs you mentioned, the major 2 signs the project is fake is that 1st they don't have an official website and 2nd the team of the project was involved in scams earlier.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:35:07 PM

They are only collecting information from their airdroppers and everyone should be warned and aware about that.

Don't be also get fooled if they are asking airdroppers to pay or send a little amount of ETH direct to their address, it's a scam. Airdrops should be free and without payment.

Yes don't get trapped to those kind of airdrops and also don't enter your wallet's private key if they ask yku they never need it for any purpose other than to steal your money.And also try to search abkut the project most kf the scammers will give fake details about the team.
sunniechance3

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:45:23 PM

When I do Airdrop project, in my opinion, I notice that there are many scam project, for example:
1. 50% project about ETH platform is scam or trash due to the fee of creation (it's too cheap).
2. Some airdrops require us to charge fee GAS before they pay airdrop coin. We should care with it.

Any scam methods, please share your experiences in this thread. Thankyou so much

Are you serious, regarding these points as these are the steps which are followed by nearly all the projects and if you talk about KYC then it is personal choice to fill such projects or not. You cannot declare any project scam in the early stages you need to wait for some time until they start working, scam is when team stop to work and does not care about its investors then you may consider it as scam.
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:50:28 PM

1. 50% project about ETH platform is scam or trash due to the fee of creation (it's too cheap).
Ill say it would be more on 95% of them are complete trash where coins used up erc20 token platform. We have seen they are flooding the entire market using up the same which same as you said creating a coin is too simple.
2. Some airdrops require us to charge fee GAS before they pay airdrop coin. We should care with it.
Only dumb persons would send ETH to those scammers pretending that they need gas to send up those tokens. When we do talk airdrops then its completely free and anything that do charge is complete scams.
KYC for Airdrops is bullshit.
xyzone

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:53:32 PM

If my experience sees a scam ico project or fails to see the total bonus purchase during ico sales and the absence of sales progress bars listed on the ico website. If airdrop has to provide identity data I think it's just a waste of time to participate.
tahn98

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:15:57 PM

Thank you for your sharing  Wink
Not all ICOs are a scam. We have to be careful when joining the ICO, because there are actually some scammers. but you can invest in ico's that can already show a working product, that's right way .
HELLOFF

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:17:37 PM

Thank you for your sharing  Wink
Not all ICOs are a scam. We have to be careful when joining the ICO, because there are actually some scammers. but you can invest in ico's that can already show a working product, that's right way .
today I have more perspective projects than fraudsters. I do not even know what's worse this or that case. it happens that you work for a few months, but in the end you get candy wrappers, not valuable tokens.
Irvanremok

Activity: 210

Masa Depan Kerja

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:20:13 PM

thanks for the info may be useful for me who is still a beginner in this forum. yes i often see dengn ico Airdrop which should send eth to their ico and we get reward. but. we buy the coin at an expensive price so coin it out in the market turns out the price is not to our liking. it happens often and I often see. I hope be careful if you want to buy it.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
Whitepaper﹞﹝ANN THREAD﹞﹝TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK﹞﹝TWITTER﹞﹝YOUTUBE
celakkenyang

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 07:28:26 PM

Yes I always look at it and prove it is a scam ico project. before joining the ico project the first thing i did was look at the rating of the project and the team that handled the development of the project.
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:33:27 PM

There are also incidents like what I've read that they are asking to send some GAS so they can send back those tokens.

I don't know much about that thing so do everything with care and diligence.
Marcel555

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:06:52 PM

Owing to the decentralized nature of cryptocurrency it is prone to scams. This affects investors, bounty hunters and managers alike.
Always research before joining a bounty, airdrop or ICO.
Read through the safety precautions already stated on this thread and others.
And if you have been a victim, learn from your mistakes.
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:12:26 PM

There are also incidents like what I've read that they are asking to send some GAS so they can send back those tokens.

I don't know much about that thing so do everything with care and diligence.
Ive seen those situations too which you would need up to send some fees or amounts for them to able to push transactions on sending out tokens but i do see really a dumb thing to do. Airdrop would always been free and this is one of the ways on how to market their tokens.Theres no point on asking out fees because this would really be their obligation and they should have the fund for them to make use of it.
scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:14:52 PM

Nowadays, scams use airdrops to generate buzz about their fake project aka to lure victims into believing its real ( a crypto con job). It looks innocent enough and some fools actually believe them. Only way to know for sure is if they have public identities.

Lontongmie

Activity: 448

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:42:24 PM

Scam is the biggest problem for the crypt. I think that until we find a way to deal with the scam, the crypt will not be able to win the confidence of most people ..

CopMom

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:04:09 PM

There are so many airdrops also ask participants to give MEW privatekey. LOL. I think it's the worst way to scam ever Smiley).

But we won't know what will happen in the future, maybe scammer will be able to find out new way to scam cryptocurrency and money from investors and traders and bounty or airdrop hunters Smiley

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
Always AL

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:29:11 AM

While this is very much a new project, there is nature's bounty and there is also an Airdrop. Most of the Airdrop is a scam with some specific reason. I personally have stopped from Airdrop since there is a lot of information that scam and phishing
Tux99

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:34:48 AM

Yes you correctly have made that have focused attention on this topic.Indeed a lot of scams under the guise of airdrop collect information about You.That's why I don't participate in all airdrop.If the company is good and it conducts transparent airdrop, then you can easily participate.
If you kmow airdrop attemp so high scam and why there re many people still join in that bad attemp airdrop project?
I think we should stay away from this kind of airdrop. Avoid get scam by not joining the airdrop is the best step we must do.
carlosvaldes

Activity: 420

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:32:13 AM

there are many scams in the market.liars will try everything to defraud our money.we must always be vigilant.

▄▄██ █████ █████ █████ █████ ██▄▄
▄████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████▄
████▀  ▀███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    ███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀███ █████ █████
████                 ██ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    █▀███████    ██ █████ █████