Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:10:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The major reason why suicide traders don’t use stop loss  (Read 270 times)
faithupgrade

Activity: 475
Merit: 253

ARCS - A New World Token

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:17:35 PM

Greediness is the root of all of these. They turn the trading into gambling. If you they would just patiently wait for the perfect time and for the perfect position to place their entries they will not lose the trade.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄███████████
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▄
 ▄████
█▀             ████▄
█████               █████▄
█████                 █████
█████               █████
 ▀████
█▄           ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
ARCS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A   N E W   W O R L D   T O K E N
|     WEBSITE     |     TWITTER     |   TELEGRAM   |     MEDIUM     |  WHITEPAPER  |
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 03:37:41 PM
Merited by milewilda (1)

Using stop loss is not necessarily a good thing or bad thing I think it is a matter of choice depending on the strategy trader use. I don't use it, rather I do it myself.

genset88

Activity: 349
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:46:47 PM

I don't think this is related to greed. Some traders don't use stop-loss because they don't have any knowledge of the market, or they don't know the risks in this market. They don't know how to "manage capital" or "manage risk".

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:57:12 PM

Using stop loss is not necessarily a good thing or bad thing I think it is a matter of choice depending on the strategy trader use. I don't use it, rather I do it myself.
This answer deserves a merit.Its just short but do direct to the point which i do completely saw the same thing.I had already make some explanations earlier but i would like to add up that using stoploss would vary on what kind of trading you are into. If you are on long term then its not necessary but if you do make swings or shorts then its your decision on how deep would be your stop loss and how high would be your take profit.Its just like that.

pobeditelvezde

Activity: 658
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:33:11 PM

It is everything about the money management system. Surely, every professional or experienced trader knows that respecting the money management system is a key to success. Amateurs so not use the money management becaus they do not know how to use it correctly. There is another important problem when amateurs cannot cut their losses by closing thier losing positions in the hope of the changing a situation to their way. I cannot blame them for that because I know how it is difficult to close a position with losses especially if in that position you was absolutely sure.   
I have noticed else that traders who have small capital do not use the money management because it is not interesting to trade by respecting risk management as an income in that case is very small
tung06081989

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:27:19 PM

Using stoploss might lead to severe loss in trading as the market can go lower than your cutloss point and recover, emd up you lost money, it is very hard to pick up a cutloss point as the high volatility of this crypto
World, that why many traders don’t want to use it
maninas

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 06:37:57 PM

yes I agree, stop loss is very helpful in minimizing losses
the method that I used to use stop loss is 20-40% of my purchase price and below the coin support point because the coin that falls past the support point will go down deeper, and if for long term for example the coin I buy goes up I will raising my stop loss little by little in line with the increase in the coin
note you must be 100% sure in installing stop loss because so there is no regret in that, because in some cases the price touches our stop loss and then the price bounces, some people may think I am losing even though the price goes up, such thinking will make we are hesitant to use stop loss because it believes 100% with the decision that you take to stop loss is a mandatory thing to support your mentality because sometimes you are saved from a big loss or failure in profit, so it's immediately decided then accept without regret
cryptoking1981

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:19:43 PM

My last 3/4  trades I was stopped out on all occasions, and the market turned in my favour on all the occasions lol...

Rather than have made an easy $1000+ dollors im down about $300/400.  Its happened to me a number of times this last month..

I have been trying to analyse and see what I could have done differently, What were my mistakes etc.

My trading style is to try and catch trend/move reversals.  I Favour undersold/oversold RSI divergence etc as well as try to catch the pullbacks of sharp/sudden moves. Like the ETC pump yesterday.  I shorted ETC at 14.50, could have taken $100 profit but was convinced it was going to go down further... I was stopped out a bit later at 14.85... AND then it reversed down to 13.69 something.... so was well annoyed.

Placing a stoploss can be very tricky, and in my case, I placed too close to price action which resulted in a loss rather than profit.

Not placing as stop loss is extremly dangerous too, especially with crypto as coins can drop 20%+ in value within no time, however out of the two scenarios I think having stops is a must, like the previous OP said.  It helps with the emotions, you accepting a small calculated loss, allows you to trade another day!!!

o_freeman

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:24:37 PM

Stoploses very often leads to looses because in this unregulated market coins price can jump -20% in 1s to jump back to its backprice only to eat stoplosses. Atacks on stoplosses happend here every day. If you have possibility i would rather set some kind of allarm or monitor trade with "mind stoploss".

Forex, stock are regulated and -20% jump is not happening. There are also insitutional investors setting huge walls making stoplos attacks less profitable (that makes them happend less often).

It's actually a technique they use in the forex and other markets called "stop grabbing" where they clean out orders by striking stop losses before entering a larger order in the other direction. This allows them to gain further momentum with their gigantic moves and slingshot their way to profits. You can see it almost every morning on the London opening on major pairs like USD/EUR, EUR/GBP, etc.

Stop losses are necessary because they help you to calculate risk, but they absolutely need to be placed far away in crypto because of the volatility. This is why I don't really like trading crypto with leverage for long term positions. It's hard to keep yourself from getting hit.
Gurueconom

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:36:53 PM

In this issue, I fully agree with you, but the main reason seems to me to be laziness. People are just lazy and do not want to learn something new and therefore do not use stop loss.
mikyadel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Arabic Translator

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:53:27 PM

i honestly don't like using stop-loss in all of my trades for various reasons :
1- whales tend to manipulate the prices through make a little dump to activate all stop-losses of conservative traders and thus huge false low followed by a
 big bullish bar.
2- crypto market isn't like other markets (forex,stocks) as even if i'm losing in some coin , i won't consider this trade as a loss as i'm still HOLDING , so maybe i'll just make it a long-term trade.

okocrypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:10:58 AM

If you have experience what they called " stop loss hunting' you will understand how frustrating stop loss can be sometimes. Market will go your way just after hitting your stop loss and this is the main reason behind not using of stop loss. However, this is a very bad habit and should be avoided if one is to remain profitable on the long run. One philosophy that have been helping me is... ' minimize your risk and maximize your profit'
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:23:19 AM

Note: This article shows why the use of stop loss is 100% mandatory, despite what suicide traders (who call themselves professionals may say). This article comes from someone with over 60 years of experience in various financial markets.

Would you ever think of jumping out of an airplane without a parachute? Of course not, but that's what some people do when they trade the markets. They are very willing to put their money on the line, but they don't have much to protect them from a major disaster. Placing a stop, for example, can prevent you from allowing a small loss to turn into a big one, but many traders avoid placing stops. Why do some traders take risks by not placing stops? It can be difficult to know where to place a stop. If you fail to account for volatility, you will get stopped out too soon. Other people are afraid to place stops. Placing a stop requires you to consider the worst-case scenario, and to many, it's difficult to consider failure. It's easier to deny the potential problem, and to pretend it will not possibly happen. Many experts, however, suggest placing stops. They know that nothing is certain when trading the markets. They view protective stops as a kind of insurance policy that prevents a catastrophic loss.

One seasoned trader I talked to, says "I never take a trade without knowing my stop. When I take a trade, I'm pretty convinced it's something worthwhile. I've already figured out my stop. I've accepted the (potential) loss before I ever clicked the button or made the call. So if it starts going against me, I don't feel a flood of emotions." For that trader, stops not only protect him from losses, but they help him control his emotions. Stops give him a feeling of security, and allow him to feel calm and relaxed.

Experienced traders may use stops all the time, but even the most experienced traders have difficulty following them. For example, one trader I know, admits, "I've blown stops and it's painful. The weird thing is that money does not seem to be driving it. Afterwards, I sit and try to analyze the incident. I certainly knew better. I believe trading is something of a self-journey. It involves learning about your character, your self-control, and your ego."

Still another trader also admits he blows his stops: "Sure. That happens all the time. There's nothing I can do about it. That's one of challenges that continue to engross me. Do you hold them or do you fold them? If you fold a long position and prices go up, you get angry because you made a mistake. If you hold a long position and prices go down, you become angry again. Nevertheless, you have to stay focused on what's going on and learn from the experience and try to apply it to the future. You're going to take your lumps in the market."

Even though stops are difficult to set and difficult to keep at times, they are an essential component of risk management. Losses are commonplace in trading. As hard as it is to focus on losses, they are impossible to avoid. Rather than avoid thinking of the worst-case scenario, face it head on. Figure out what could go wrong and where you can place a stop to protect you from a huge financial loss. In the long run, you'll find you will limit losses and trade more profitably.

Author: Joe Ross
Source: TradingEducators.com

The note below ends this piece.

“So, what is a trader to do?  Well, one of the things to do is to re-evaluate the way you envision the markets and your relationship to loss.  What you want to develop is an I don’t care attitude regarding your trading.  You must look at the markets as being exactly what they are, totally unpredictable. 

No matter how good a level looks, it is not a foregone conclusion that any particular outcome is definite.  What we look for is the high probability trade. There are times when the probability may get very close to 100%, but no matter how close it gets it can never be 100%.  This means that whenever you enter a trade you must embrace it as a possibility for loss. When you do this, it detaches you from the loss potential because you are prepared for it.

Of course, you already have begun this process whether you realize it or not.  You have put in a hard stop! This is imperative. The stop’s first and main job is to protect your capital.  If your capital is gone you cannot trade, so it follows that this is the most important part of your trading; and, of course it is derived from an appropriate risk calculation.” – Dr. Woody Johnson (Source: TradingAcademy.com)

www.tallinex.com wants you to make money from the markets.

They believe that their strategy is perfect and greedy, those are the main reason why trader not use stop loss for safety. There's no perfect strategy and because greedy some trader change their stop loss point or ignore it, this behavior should be leave for good. I believe everyone already know this thing but they don't have disciplines and have wrong faith, trading is easy.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
richcorner100

Activity: 616

https://exip.live/

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:03:23 AM

When firstly i jump in to crypto trading, i used exchange that does not have function stop limit order and this is one of the my reason dont use stop loss. I did not know if any others exchange offer stop limit order. Dont use stop loss in trading just the same thing like we are playing gamebling, and this my mistake bring me loss alot of money. And for now i trading only on the exchange that offer stop limit order because stop loss should be use whenever make open potition.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
fabrizoc

Activity: 386

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:14:14 AM

Greediness is the root of all of these. They turn the trading into gambling. If you they would just patiently wait for the perfect time and for the perfect position to place their entries they will not lose the trade.
Greediness is root of all non-attractive qualities. We hate some attributes that mustn’t be possessed by a man, greed grow them in you. Be sensible when you are trading. Don’t let your train run on track that leads you to greed. It is natural that you want more money every time but don’t let this cause be the cause for your destruction. Keep things under your control.

enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:34:32 AM

Yesterday all price of crypto dumped hard just afew hours but i loss only 5% because i used stop loss, if i did not use it will be possible i loss more than 10%, so stop loss is very important in trading to reduce the loss. Stop loss also will helpfull to recover the loss soon, because we can buy more in cheaper price so when the price going up again, loss will be recovered and we will make some profit as well.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: