Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:35:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some ICO is not scam  (Read 2343 times)
Gileadorji12 (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:06:32 PM
Merited by EFS (3)

Hello, let me clear this doubt some people said that all ICO is a scam but I don't believe them because I have invested in some ICO and make a good fortune, let me give you some clue to invest.
1. When you want to invest first of all research about the particular ico you want to invest in, try to check their Whitepaper because some ICO copy text from another ICO white papers
2. Try to check their LinkedIn profile though that does'nt matter because some fake LinkedIn profile.
3.Try to know their real location even though some use VPN to hide their location.
4.website professional matters a lot because some don't even know how to build website and they are claiming that they are in to Blockchain
5. Despite all this..involving in ICO is a big risk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:49:32 PM

Hello, let me clear this doubt some people said that all ICO is a scam but I don't believe them because I have invested in some ICO and make a good fortune, let me give you some clue to invest.
1. When you want to invest first of all research about the particular ico you want to invest in, try to check their Whitepaper because some ICO copy text from another ICO white papers
2. Try to check their LinkedIn profile though that does'nt matter because some fake LinkedIn profile.
3.Try to know their real location even though some use VPN to hide their location.
4.website professional matters a lot because some don't even know how to build website and they are claiming that they are in to Blockchain
The very difficult part in investing an ICO is choosing the right project and you have a good idea for choosing an ICO. I salute you for taking a risk investing in an ICO.
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:55:23 PM

Those are most basic ways of finding legitimacy of the crypto currency related projects that is an ICO.

Well nobody is saying that all of them are scam but analysts data shows that around 80% of the ICO that come into the market are real scammers. According to my experience of bounty participation I am sure that this fact is also true.

Because out of 30-40 ICO's bounty that I joined I will only get tokens for around 5-6 bounties. Now you can imagine that much scam ratio does scare people a lot.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:24:51 PM

There are two cases that defies our understanding.
1. Scam ICO looks even better than real ICOs, great team of advisers and advertisers. Money can buy anything.
2. The label scam is very difficult to use. Real ICOs are having their coins below ICO price for years and some Scam ICOs made their initial investors rich.(of course on expense of later investors)
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:31:19 PM

Whether or not you made money on it is irrelevant and doesn't indicate whether it was a scam or not. Lots of people make money on scams. Doesn't change the fact that something is a scam(assuming it is).
divij

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:34:38 PM

There will always be scams in a new industry trying to take advantage of the people. There are many ICOs which are doing well and have acual use cases. You have to DYOR and find those gems
KSHMR

Activity: 259
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 04:35:24 PM

Not all ICO are scams. It depends on the ICO that you invest. If you invest an ICO that is a scam then that is why you started to believe that all ICO is a scam. All you need to do if you're an ivestor is choosing the good ICO or investigating a good ICO.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:36:08 PM

Yes true, and this topic you post is a good information, but personally i experience joing a lot of ICO  campaigns with all the characteristics you mentioned above but still there also cases that no matter how legit it looks it ends up to be a scam at the end.. Anyway it is always better to double check to lessen the risks with the advices given from the members of the furom.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:40:08 PM

Agree. Not all ICOs are scam but legitimacy is not the only ground to determine that ICO is fit to invest in. I have invested in several ICOs and all of them are legit but not all of them were profitable for me and I lost huge fortune investing in ICOs backed by big names. So it is evident that ensuring above points is enough to go for investment. There are several other points that need to be consider too in addition like buzz, promotion, product, uniqueness, exchange listing, etc.
Pumuckel21

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:46:31 PM

yeah these are some pretty important aspects to look at before investing in a ico. The most important question i am asking myself before investing is, why do the other person want you to invest ?

▄█▄▀█████████████▀ ▐
     ▄███▄▀███████████▀ ▐ ▐
    ▄█████▄▀█████████▀ ▐ ▐ ▐
   ▄████████ ███████  ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
  ███████████        ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
 ███████████          ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
███████████            ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
 ███████████          ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
  ███████████        ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
   ▀████████ ███████  ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
    ▀█████▀▄█████████▄ ▐ ▐ ▐
     ▀███▀▄███████████▄ ▐ ▐