Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:42:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EXRATES.ME is a scam Exchange  (Read 24317 times)
wakeham8

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:43:24 AM

I do not think that Exrates me is a scam but I agree, these guys are looking pretty strange. I do not like exchanges with a low volume and almost no coins to trade. Thanks for warning anyway, and put your fingers away from another scam that is called Yobit exchange!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iyke12

Activity: 310
Merit: 1

Probit - Global Asset exchange

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 11:49:24 AM

Well, I for one does not like the exchange, I feel any project that is to list there is not actually serious because the volume in the exchange is so low.The exchange really looks bad and has little to zero trades. I advice to avoid it.
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:16:56 PM

Sad to hear that this exchange is not good, this is the exchange site which footballcoin was listed and this is the first exchange after a long time of waiting but sad it is not good to send my balance and do trading with them. Luckily that i already see this thread and as my reference for this exchange.

baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:22:24 PM

It's the first time I hear this exchange, but they have strange and idiotic terms and conditions. I always avoid exchanges that I do not know or that are not old with a good rating. Lately, more and more exchanges are SCAM. It is a very high risk that we do not deserve to assume. Better we choose well-known exchanges, even if trading fees are higher.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Fenya96

Activity: 264

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:00:04 PM
Merited by mikeywith (1), r1s2g3 (1)

There is some extremely shady business going on there at Exrates. They are possibly manipulating the price of Simmitri (and maybe a whole lot of other coins/tokens too). I noticed this, becouse SIM is on the first place of "Biggest gainers and losers" on CMC. Simmitiri went up from from $0.01 to around $0.09 in just a few hours - as far as I am concerned becouse of Exrates. We are talking about a rank 1167 token with a market cap of 85k dollars and a volume of 420k dollars. If you go to the Exrates SIM/BTC page, you can check out the manipulation going on there. I noticed that there are orders filled almost every 10 seconds, but they are fake ones, not from the orderbook. A new sell order appears out of nowhere and gets filled almost immediately. You can see on the attached immage that there are not much buy/sell orders, and although there are sell orders for the fraction of the price, they do not get filled, instead the fake ones are filled all day long.

HYDAX GRID TRADINGBOUNTY
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeOTC ⎈ Contract ⎈ ListingCommunity
tanvir232

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:03:31 PM

To be honest, I never heard of such kind of exchange. Don't know how you come up using this while there have some good exchanges. Anyway, why don't you post it in scam accusation with some valid proofs so that we people can get alert? It would really be appreciated.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 06:48:09 PM

I am not sure how solid are your allegations the other day i was thinking to create account at exrates because one of the token im holding is listed there, i was just thinking to trade that at exrates but because you have posted the negative review about it through your personal experience i will try to stay away untill i find clarity about these allegations.

nirland

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:36:18 PM

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHADY EXCHANGE. I recorded a bit of this activity mentioned. SIM/BTC - Coinmarketcap - Exrates.me(scam). All fake orders as you can see here:

Video: https://filebin.net/9xn69o47iu0xdh2d/exrates.me_scam.mp4?t=b1b9ccfq

http://oi68.tinypic.com/531teu.jpg
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:41:46 PM

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHADY EXCHANGE. I recorded a bit of this activity mentioned. SIM/BTC - Coinmarketcap - Exrates.me(scam). All fake orders as you can see here:

Video: https://filebin.net/9xn69o47iu0xdh2d/exrates.me_scam.mp4?t=b1b9ccfq

I would not feel any surprise to see this crappy exchange sites was using the bot to manipulating the market. remember about coinex and it has even placed on top crypto exchange site caused by the team was manipulating the volume of exchange site.
This exchange is the same level as another shitty exchange site just like yobit dude. this is so crap.
more and more fake orders.
SlickMoTwoToe

Activity: 438
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:47:22 PM

I agree with this because I can't log in my password on this exchange always say that password incorrect even the password I enter is right then I try to forgot my password then I can log in my account then when I log out and try to log in again they say that it was incorrect so I was a hint that it was a scam sad to say that my btw was there in the exchange and can't get it back.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:52:10 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2018, 12:04:39 AM by bitcoin31

Please provide any evidence because I did not see any problem with that exchanges site. But if they have  problems better to stay away but if there is not until no it"s your choice if you going to trade still or you will leave it because what happen to that exchanges site you will be sacrifice.
Fenya96

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 09:06:00 PM

Please provide any evidence because I did not see any problem with that exchanges site. But if they have  problems better to stay away but if there is not until no it"s your choice if you going to trade still or you will leave it because what happen to that exchanges site you will be sacrifice.

They are not an obvious scam exchange, I was able to deposit and withdraw money. The two processes combined took around a day to go through, it is possible that they allow deposits/withdraws manually, so that is the reason for the long waiting periods. On the other hand, there is obviously some shady wash trading going on there and the 1% withdrawal fee they charge is a huge ripoff. All things considered I DO NOT recommend this exchange, but can not provide any convincing evidence that they are scamming people, this is only my personal opinion.

HYDAX GRID TRADINGBOUNTY
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 06:43:17 AM

Can I give a opinion about this exchange? Me too, I am so disappointed to this exchange, because at first, the deposit takes time, while the coin in the blockchain it says that it is already verified and the transaction is complete. And also, I am stuck with the withdrawals, until now. And I have no time to follow that up. Gladly I only use small portion of tokens to that exchange.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:59:59 AM

Is this really true? excrate is a scam exchange? Im planning to sell my token this week to this exchange because of high volume according to coinmarketcap but Im afraid to use it now upon reading this post, perhaps my coins also scammed its better to use another exchange with low selling volume but legit rather than a scam exchange.

Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:06:19 AM

Hello all,

As a crypto community member, it’s important to warn all community members that the exchange called Exrates.me is a Scam exchange.

Please don’t list your projects on this so-called Jakarta based exchange

We have investigated them and these are the conclusions:

1. This exchange manipulates its coinmarketcap information, constantly showing a trade volume of usd42m, when there is less than usd200k volume daily

2. All trades are manually manipulated by the Exrates team and it’s not possible to execute any trades

3. Withdrawals take forever to be processed and your deposits get lost with no explanations

4. All the twitter followers and likes are fake, and any announcements of coin listing are just mere scams

5. The trade engine is virtually non existent and everything seems done by hand

Please stay away from this exchange. They charge 3 BTC for listing and their exchange is simply fraud!!

EXRATES.ME is SCAM!!!!

I just read this info, and I have never traded for exchanges exrates, I think research is needed for this and provide factual concrete evidence. but if I want to trade I recommend for bittrex and binance
Fenya96

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 10:03:59 PM

Is this really true? excrate is a scam exchange? Im planning to sell my token this week to this exchange because of high volume according to coinmarketcap but Im afraid to use it now upon reading this post, perhaps my coins also scammed its better to use another exchange with low selling volume but legit rather than a scam exchange.

If it is the only exchange where you can sell your tokens and it seems to have real volume, other than bots, then I would say go for it. Maybe try depositing and selling in smaller batches, I am sure you will not have problems (other than the long waiting period) once you manage to sell those tokens.

HYDAX GRID TRADINGBOUNTY
Pelana vreo

Activity: 744

Syntrum.com

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 10:21:25 PM

Last month I saw the sales order that I did there was never bought by someone, I tried to place the lowest order, but the history of trading there continued through the order that I applied. They use bots, but after some members have asked questions about the history of sales and purchase transactions there are strange things, the bot suddenly disappears and now runs normally, the limit for pulling coins there is too high for the bounty hunter.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 10:33:17 PM

Thank you for paying attention to those scammers, you are doing an excellent service to the community, I have always said that the only way to avoid the success of these scammers is if we stay together as a community and denounce, that's one of the purpose of this forum, after all, it is important to stay informed in all aspects, thank you!

Transformbitz

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 10:34:57 PM

Better show some proof of evidence here or accusations before you rant. Anyways what ever the reasons going on first comes first you should post something creative… So we may give you advice or help.
SolomonSollarsNSense

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 11:06:51 PM

Thank you so much for informing this I just created an account on this exchange few days before because one of the coins I am trading is listed on this exchange but thanks for informing this I will take care of it now.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: