Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:38:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EXRATES.ME is a scam Exchange  (Read 24320 times)
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 05:37:42 PM

Those things doesn't actually mean extrate.me is a scam at the start exchange can face all these challenges but time goes on the will rectify all there errors there is no exchange that is 100% perfect.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tensy777

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:20:57 AM

I agree with you, exchange rates are far from an ideal exchange, but Exrates is quite small, and now I have the feeling that you are aligning them with the top exchanges. The main thing is that the team does not steal users' money and is working on the project. Give them time, and we will see if they become better or not.
realyou92

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 06:45:41 AM

Registered on exrates yesterday and sold there my uDoos. All operations took about 3 hours for me. The exchange is not scam for sure.
upd: Also liked that there was no need to pass KYC procedure like on other exchanges
Xiaolongnu

Activity: 375
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 06:48:43 AM

Exchange use fake trading volume is fraud, they can scam us at anytime so best choice is do not use it. There are many reputation exchanges for us and i think EXRATES.ME is not one of them.
ziyush

Activity: 406
Merit: 76

Crypto Lovers

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 06:03:08 PM

read this post - https://cryptomaa.com/btc/keep-bitcoin-safe-exchanges/

you will find how to find scam exchanges
yapa ve yalniz

Activity: 463
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 06:07:44 PM

All transactions lie. Coinmarketcap still can not understand how delist did not. There are too many boots there and I think the market itself. you can't even see the purchase as if they are all in a secret way..

Galantin

Activity: 602
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 06:25:55 PM

I recently received Modul project tokens. They are stuck on this exchange. Now I doubt whether to send there my tokens for sale. Thanks this information was extremely helpful.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
SinisterBountyHunter
Copper Member

Activity: 92

● ● ● CryptoMarketAds &#

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 11:15:05 PM

I believe also that this exchange is a possible scam exchange. But based on my experience, I have use exrates exchange and I can do trades and withdraws without any problem at all.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 12:47:27 AM

i've been observing this exchange for the last couple of hours for bitcore/btx.

the order book has not budged the whole time. there is a borderline immeasurable fraction of a 1 cent buy wall.

yet, whaddya know, tons of multi hundred dollar trades are happening like magic.

pure 100% horseshit. i didn't know anything about it before. i'm certainly not using it now.
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 07:51:39 PM

the order book has not budged the whole time. there is a borderline immeasurable fraction of a 1 cent buy wall.

yet, whaddya know, tons of multi hundred dollar trades are happening like magic.

pure 100% horseshit. i didn't know anything about it before. i'm certainly not using it now.

Same is happening with other currencies and tokens.

I observed Atlant token for a while and have the same conclusions which are: fake volumes, order book, and trades.

AlexSimion

Activity: 1078
Merit: 210

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 04:01:42 PM

This exchange is a scam , 90 % of the volume is done by bots , order books don't move for days , but funny they have a 3-4 btc daily volume for a tokens that's order book hasn't been touched for days.   Simply a scam.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 05:12:03 PM

there's a comment here from a guy who says they shut down his $80,000 account and have blanked him ever since.

https://zycrypto.com/proof-of-keys-hitbtc-reportedly-restricting-withdrawals-is-john-mcafee-right-that-crypto-users-should-boycott-the-exchange/

i don't understand why anyone would risk that much on a nothing exchange but i guess we're all different.
Checker1

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 04:27:26 AM

At this time they are faking XLM volumes in great style. i made several orders to check are those orders real or not but not a one matched. full XLM volume in exrates.me is fake!

i also joined telegram group and tryied to talk about the problem there, but got "bunned" momently. their support bot repeats contineously "Don't worry, there is nothing wrong." and "So don't worry, there is nothing to help as there is no problem".

Any proper marketcap listing site should exclude exrate.me from their lists to be able to give adequate informations about volumes. XLM volume is faked at this moment round $15 mio which means it is 20% higher from real volume.

only advice what i could give is that keep your money as far as you can from exrates.me! I will try to take my small money out there and will never look back!
oleganpetro

Activity: 798
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 09:05:09 AM

Look, you will find fake volumes on all the exchanges, but this does not mean that they are fraudulent. Just in this way they are trying to attract traders.
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 09:52:33 AM

Exchange use fake trading volume is fraud, they can scam us at anytime so best choice is do not use it. There are many reputation exchanges for us and i think EXRATES.ME is not one of them.

How come it didn't? Just by the looks of their interface you can easily tell.
I don't get it why people try this new trading sites without even knowing its legitimacy, if you do arbitrage, then just use known sites.

It will be more better if OP move this to scam accusation section and provide enough proof otherwise it's just allegation.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 02:09:26 PM

i don't understand why anyone would risk that much on a nothing exchange but i guess we're all different.
We do have different mindsets and decisions in life even others see that its an obvious scam exchange but there are really some people who do took risk on putting their money.
They do only realize that they are wrong when they already experience loss of money.

Look, you will find fake volumes on all the exchanges, but this does not mean that they are fraudulent. Just in this way they are trying to attract traders.
I do agree that most exchangers do really involves with fake or manipulative price orders or volumes but making it as an obvious wont really give good impact on said exchange.
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 02:28:30 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2019, 11:53:40 PM by wwzsocki

There are plenty of accusations in this thread and suspicions even mine but finally has somebody used this exchange for some time to be able to share a competent opinion with the community?

What I have heard about this exchange so far is that have fake volumes and are a scam but why?

Has anybody lost coins on this exchange, has account blocked with funds or any other problem?

Only thing I have heard and is confirmed that there are very high fees on Exrates especially withdrawal fees for some coins.

AlexSimion

Activity: 1078
Merit: 210

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 05:29:42 PM
Merited by European Central Bank (2)

There are plenty of accusations in this thread and suspicions even mine but finally has somebody used this exchange for some time to be able to share a competent opinion with the community?

What I have heard about this exchange so far is that have fake volumes and are a scam but why?

Has anybody lost coins on this exchange, has account blocked with funds or any other problem?

Only thing I have heard and is confirmed that there are very high fees on Exrates especially withdrawal fees for some coins.
I've used this exchange , or tryed using it lets say for the past weeks , the main points are , even though they don't block funds/steal tokens etc from users , they are scamming people in general . 99 % of their volume is fake . They are faking even the BTC/USD pairs , I've carefully followed these to be sure , and inexistent orders happen every 15-20 minutes  with a total volume of around 60 BTC , so around 180 BTC for 1 hour. It's funny cause the entire buy and sell order book doesn't add up to 3-4 BTC.  So basically they're faking their volume , so that they can have a good position on coinmarketcap , I think they're ranked around 18-19th place ,  so they can ask a nice price for listing a token on their exchange  because of their position . I honestly believe this exchange should even ask for 10 $ to list a token on them , it's almost 0 volume there , no trading whatsoever , I was looking at the order books for high value coins , ETH , BTC ,etc , they don't move for hours .      A withdrawal from their exchange takes around 16-48 hours to be processed , which is really unbeliavable .  So I suggest this is probably a few ppl job , and they're simply making money by asking for a high listing fee  due to their good position on cmc because of it's fake value.

CHRISBIN702

Activity: 1120
Merit: 279

My blockchain can beat up your blockchain

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 05:43:49 AM

You are correct sir. I went in and purposely placed a few sell orders at the lowest price by far. I watched for two days as orders higher than my price were filled. I asked support about it and their response  was laughable. It was either automated or scripted because I brought it up to them several times over the past few days and the canned answer was the same. They are shameless.
I have sold some coins here in the past but the fake volume is worse than I've ever seen.

edit: O, I should mention they pitched to me market maker services and also guaranteed me Coinmarketcap listing within 1 week.

Not for sale.........
Why, how much you got?
JuggSlash

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 02:23:44 PM

Cannot say if exrates is a scam exchange, but I would like to consider as a fake exchange, where the exchange is populated by bots.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: