Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:40:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it worth using the Stop Loss when the market is in the bottom?  (Read 243 times)
esdrase (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:45:59 PM

I have used the stop loss to protect my investment, but with this market bleed, I have doubts if it is worth using Stop Loss. What do you think?
Bittalk12

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:32:36 PM

Setting a stop loss is always a must when trading. It is your safest route to save your funds with huge lost or minimize the risk specially if the market is super unstable. I also shaking my head seeing the longest bearish days in my entire trading. I also lost so much because my portfolio went down for over -50% of my original investment. What i am doing now is to multiplying the number of my altcoin i am holding to atleast maximizing my ROI when the right time comes.
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:37:54 PM

Personally I don't use and don't like stop loss in crypto market because the volatility is too high and also there is no full trasparency with transactions so market can be manipulated  expecially with little coins..
fracas

Activity: 392

Multiversum

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:41:01 PM

Personally I don't use and don't like stop loss in crypto market because the volatility is too high and also there is no full trasparency with transactions so market can be manipulated  expecially with little coins..

Yeah, must quote this. This market is not predictable and very high-volatile, moreover new highs are often seen after huge drops so you would risk to lose the big gains using stop losses when trend reverses itself. If you invested in many low-valued altcoins you should just consider that some could go to zero or near zero and hoping that with the other choices you will compensate losses on coin failures. It's better to point on dropped but value-oriented projects, supported by both strong development (GitHub) and community (Telegram\Discord and Twitter). Even if you don't buy the bottom I wouldn't put stop losses, because sooner or later a mega-pump could happen, when masses realize the project value and FOMO starts, and this can happen after historic lows.

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:44:36 PM

I have used the stop loss to protect my investment, but with this market bleed, I have doubts if it is worth using Stop Loss. What do you think?

Use of Stop Loss depends more on your Investment Strategy rather than market conditions. If you are cautious trader then use of Stop Loss is always recommended no matter market is going up or down because crypto market unlike traditional security market is highly irregular due to non-regulations and small spread. So any coin can pump or dump anytime due to hundred of reasons. However, most of the traders don't use Stop Loss as crypto market is market of risk and patience. So even if your coin falls below your estimation, keep HODLing it and eventually it will go up as crypto market has tendency of upward movement in long run.
anjohyx

Activity: 451
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:47:25 PM

That means you're daily trader? If yes, Must use Stop loss to limit a loss or to protect your profit, but i don't use it because I'm prefer long term holding my assets, don't care market dip or not, just wait for bull market and gain profit

l10no

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:52:37 PM

Although the current market is showing a huge drop in prices, the use of stop loss remains very useful to prevent us from losing more, with that we do not lose much.
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:59:55 PM

The first thing you need to do is to keep calm, dont ever think negative even though the price is bleeding it will still comeback and recover when the times comes. Continue to hold into your coin and dont sell them if you need market. because for sure bull run will emerge.
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:03:44 PM

Stop loss are always recommended. People lose more in trades by not investing in a right coin but because not cutting their losses at the right time. Crypto market is so unpredictable that you can't really make out the next market move because of high manipulation. Thus, having stop loss at place won't hurt you. If you think we already testing the bottom, you can go for a higher percentage stop loss.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:09:38 PM

Stop loss is always worth in any market situation because in crypto everything could happen, it could be happen that coins you hold will be delist on the market or even it's scam so the price will drop so much.
So, use stop loss in every market condition.
nhattori27

Activity: 387

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:12:19 PM

Cryptocurrency market is very volatile, so using stop-loss is always a good strategy. It will protect your funds from big losses. It depends on you how much risk you want to take, if you want to play safe then you should always use stop loss.
alian17

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 05:12:05 PM

If it's my word. You need to look at specific projects. If this project is indeed very valuable and innovative in the future. Then the project is worth holding. Even if you lose money now, it may bring you a return on investment in the future. If this does not have any technical features. So I suggest to stop the loss in time.

Neutro               More than a blockchain
          Join The WHITELIST         
Telegram     Twitter     Linkedin     Github     Medium
esdrase (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:42:23 PM

I decided to adopt a strategy that mixes a bit with your comments. For projects in which I have greater confidence, I will always buy in the deep and not use the stop loss. For altcoins that I believe to have potential, but I do not have total confidence in the project I will define a strategy for stop loss.

I think this is an interesting strategy. What do you think?
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 12:37:44 AM

Why would you be trading in a bleeding market in the first instance? Stop loss is best used by day traders in a stable market not now that every thing is dipping wildly. It is better to hodl in a bearish market than use stop loss.

hastag_80

Activity: 392

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 12:57:31 AM

I thinks this is insane on making a trading in bleeding market situation,but anyway thats your idea and we respect for that your stop loss idealistic way,otherwise theres some news feed thats theres coming a big bullish in this remaining months of this year,maybe in this idea you this is the time you can gain good profits and those your loosing capital you can regain.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:58:15 AM

Stop loss is very important in every trading, it will help you to prevent more lost, and it is useful in every condition whether bull market or bear market, and in bear market stop loss could be very useful because the tendency of the price to keep on sliding down
lghdt943

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:29:10 AM

Personally feel that it is necessary, this is just a personal strategy and method for you. If you are a careful and careful investor, I suggest you set your own stop loss point because the encryption market is very volatile. However, as a newcomer, it is easy to be trapped without knowing the market conditions, and it is easy to make wrong decisions in case of panic.
BTCwin1

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:37:17 AM

First of all, it's up to you. If you judge the market is at a bottom, you don't have to do anything.
Because the market may soon have a big rally, if you sell, you may miss the profit.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:54:10 AM

It depend on how dip the value of your coin has,because i believe that if 30% value of your capital has been lost so better continue holding and forget about the stop and loss strategy otherwise you will be burden to more dipper as we all knew market is recovering even if it took a long time whats important is you may gain the losses and may profit enough from that said recovery
darmin

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:00:02 AM

If it's too fall deeply in better hold only. using that way will only make huge losses. If the recent losses are just a few percents then the way it was natural to do. with secure can also by holding down and be patient and thus more promising especially for the long term.

[ ] ENTER BUTTON C h a i n  ❱❱❱❱ Main project is buying   &
▬▬▬ PAYBUTTON : Wallet App   |   selling luxury goods ❱❱❱❱
██ NFT DEFI ██   [ B U Y ]   ██ ◥ telegram ██ ◥ twitter ██
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: