Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:44:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Friend gives wallet seed to stranger and bitcoins disappear from his wallet  (Read 927 times)
sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:13:49 AM

He is a victim of ignorance. When I got into bitcoin, I knew nothing about how it works and I spent days online searching for all relevant information. It is rather unfortunate he ended up loosing his wealth upon consultations from a stranger. I hope he takes lessons from this and becomes very vigilant when dealing with strangers.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jpnl0004

Activity: 198
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:30:28 PM

One there is a notable mistake he made which i quote "a stranger"he actually played an expensive game with his wallet and thats the result for it
am amazed at this silly mistake because his chances of getting the strange is almost impossible hope he recovers from it and must have learnt his lesson by now
Azha

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:07:21 PM

Wink Wink Actually, it is not ok to show your personal instructions to anyone else. It will hurt itself. Since he has shown his instructions to others, it is advisable to not see anyone else later. It is best not to have relations with a stranger.  Wink Wink
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:33:00 PM

Your friend isn't getting his money back, that's for sure. But I don't know how did he have 2.6 Bitcoins and didn't know the basic safety rules, he should have researched a bit, that isn't a small amount of money, and he surely shouldn't have trusted a stranger. And he can forget the police, they wont react when cryptocurrency is involved. They don't know about it and there is no way to find the thief.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████