Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:09:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are masternode the future of cryptocurrency  (Read 118 times)
Yudhisthir (OP)

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:36:18 PM

We are seeing masternodes as a good alternative to mining. Energy efficient and quicker.
Most of the successful newer coins are masternode based and very few mineable coins.
Casper, POS or whatever name they might give, ETH too seems to be moving towards a completely masternode transaction.
So, is the masternode future of cryptocurrency?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:45:22 PM

We are seeing masternodes as a good alternative to mining. Energy efficient and quicker.
Most of the successful newer coins are masternode based and very few mineable coins.
Casper, POS or whatever name they might give, ETH too seems to be moving towards a completely masternode transaction.

Masternodes is not something new they've been around, there are crypto such as dash for instance that use it. With them you are putting some sort of centralziation between the network, however this is far better than systems like DPOS. We are yet at the begining on this maybe blockchain will be shifted to more sufficient structure such as tangle from IOTA where you don't have the need for master nodes. The problem with ETH is that they want to reward the people who run the nodes and ultimetly make the protocol more efficient in terms of electrical usage.
ashu711

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:12:10 PM

I think so more crypto investor/traders will put masternode on their system but very less people knows how to run a masternode even I also want to run some masternodes on my system but I don't have much knowledge to implement on my system but as fas I know it is more profitable If I compare it with mining. To run a masternode is quite difficult for everyone one must have proper knowledge of masternodes to run masternode itself on system. I think more people inclined towards masternodes in the coming time

╭═══════════════════   PETLIFE  ═══════════════════╮
│   Blockchain in veterinary medicine  │
╰════════════ FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM ══════════════╯
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:16:05 PM

Masternodes are not the future. Even though they are energy efficient, they are very costly, especially for high value coins. Some of them require investment > 100k. You can join and lease to bigger masternodes, but the return is very tiny, especially if your investment is limited.
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 05:18:42 PM

I think it'll better with DPOS consensus. Masternodes mean you have more coin, you have more benefit, and it's not fair for the smaller node. DPOS will give a chance to be selected for small holders.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:40:29 PM

Correction: Ethereum is moving towards Proof of stake, not masternodes. To me most of these masternodes are just away to make the rich. richer. I have not seen any real justification for most of these projects opting for masternodes. Look at the market this year not one masternode project has perform exceedingly well in the space including Dash
cyethree

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:50:11 PM

It's hard to say exactly what the future of cryptocurrency will be, but masternodes definitely have a lot of advantages.  You mentioned the fact that they are much more energy efficient than typical mining, but they also help with transaction privacy and instant send.  One key barrier to entry in the masternode sphere has been the relatively large stake required to launch a masternode, but some hosting sites are beginning to offer shared masternodes, in which several investors can pool their coins in order to launch a masternode.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:54:51 PM

It can be, but i have strong belief that the advent of cryptocurrency is still growing and evolving to becoming better. In the future i can still see many other innovations that could potentially enhance crytocurrency to become a better and diverse platform.
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:56:23 PM

i dont know if its the future,you look at alot of these masternode coins, there is literally little to no volume on them, with the exception of a few, it can be promising but the masternodes with the huge roi's im not a big fan of.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:01:10 PM

Masternodes are pretty nice with their low energy blockchain proofing but you also have to invest usually a high amount of cash to get a masternode of a good coin. There are some coins that have a possibility for masternode, but you also have a chance that you just will be left holding some heavy bags when buying those.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: