Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:47:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are the cause of recent bitcoin fall.  (Read 451 times)
dreadfullICO

Activity: 197
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:51:40 AM

Cannot agree, on the contrary ICOs are new blood and we need them in crypto industry. But we should learn how to avoid scams and how to choose good projects. here is some useful information on the topic: https://icoguide.com/en/blog/choosing-an-ico-common-pitfalls-of-scam-icos
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:02:42 AM

It is your decision to sell your bitcoin to invest in ICO. You have to make sure that the ICO is legit and will be able to succeed in the market and get listed in an exchange otherwise your effort would have been wasted. Most of the ICO has been labelled as scam.
Funeral Wreaths

Activity: 177

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:06:21 AM

It is your decision to sell your bitcoin to invest in ICO. You have to make sure that the ICO is legit and will be able to succeed in the market and get listed in an exchange otherwise your effort would have been wasted. Most of the ICO has been labelled as scam.
maybe it is true that a portion of bitcoins fall is due to dumping their bitcoin in exchange of investing in ICO, but only a portion of it. i don't think that would lead to big impact in the market's price, besides ICOs are already existing since then, and it doesn't really affect that much before.
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:19:43 AM

We see bitcoin kissing the floor because of all manipulation and hacking incident plus the fact that icos are getting shitty everytime that's why investors are staying away to bitcoin and as well as alts. And decreasing the market cap is totally saddening to everyone and we actually need right now is a big news that will hype the market.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
AlexAce420

Activity: 155
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:25:37 AM

Don't know what had caused the recent crash. But I think not ICOs as all but scam ICOs is the reason of the whole market fall. I also think that the main reasons for the fall of bitcoin are manipulation on the futures market. I think we need a new wave of btc investors to overcome this balance point between btc buyers and sellers.
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:18:57 AM

I think that ICO's had a very minimal impact with respect to the current btc bear market where it took a very long time to make the correction. Diversion of investments instead of going to btc, it was directly invested to the ICO's but this is just very minimal. The current drop could have been due to whale investor's manipulation, FUD and negativity news from the social media outlets affecting the growth in the market because btc is volatile in nature.
musta5a

Activity: 294
Merit: 7

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:22:36 AM

Cannot agree, on the contrary ICOs are new blood and we need them in crypto industry. But we should learn how to avoid scams and how to choose good projects. here is some useful information on the topic: https://icoguide.com/en/blog/choosing-an-ico-common-pitfalls-of-scam-icos

absolutely right, ICOs are great if you can do the proper research, which majority of this community simply can't and doesn't want to do. Let's just wait for the industry to mature

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITARY |
BitBite5

Activity: 210
Merit: 40

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:22:51 AM

Nope, that is not true. I don't see any relation between ICO and bitcoin price and if there is still any, the impact is so minimun that is not worth mentioning.
Probably people would like to explain and rationalize the price dump by any mean so they think of the most unbeliveable reasons.
ilya_gr

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:24:24 AM

If we have only BTC and some other alts with real tech(or own blockchain),such as Eth,Stellar and some others, we`d see more healthy market,crypto`d progress faster and faster than at this moment.
Reason?Copypaste scam projects with one aim - make fast easy profit without long term thinking
nicko122

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:07:26 PM

In my opinion I am beginning to believe that all the funds that were suppose to get into bitcoins for it get to a higher price are diverted to purchase ICOs tokens and this might be the cause of bitcoin fall. If I have bitcoins, and I spot an ICO that has a potential to be the next great coin, I will probably sell my bitcoins for it, and this I think is part of the cause of bitcoin fall. What do you think ?
Of course, the appearance of a huge number of new coins attracts people and they begin to invest in those coins that they think will be popular in the future or are already popular. I agree that this affects the number of bought bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies.
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:13:05 PM

You are  right because people prefer to invest in ICOs instead of bitcoin since they believe that the success of the project will favour them more than that of bitcoin in the nearest future. As a result the people who invest and trade bitcoin keep depreciating and those having the bitcoin are discouraged with the recent price fall which leads them to keep dumping and that leads to huge market crash that's why I think ICOs are affecting BTC.
jhache

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:51:18 PM

ICOs are just one of the reasons why Bitcoin price might be falling. Just the sell pressure from ICOs won't be enough to cause so much drop in prices. The Mt Gox trustee selling huge amounts of Bitcoin on exchanges was also one of the bigger reasons which might have caused markets to crash. Similarly there are many such factors in play which might be causing the price to drop.

gaurav82

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:00:10 PM

You may be right. But I am not fully agree with you. The one of reason I think is profit making at big level. When a thing or share has rapid growth then profit making is natural.
bitcoinVPSD

Activity: 442
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:00:39 PM

I do not think that there are many ICO projects that are the main cause of the bitcoin discount. I think the bitcoin price is down because whales are selling it at low prices. Currently bitcoin is still the best virtual currency. Investors will not sell it to buy high-risk virtual currency

nickwen

Activity: 261

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:02:23 PM

In my opinion I am beginning to believe that all the funds that were suppose to get into bitcoins for it get to a higher price are diverted to purchase ICOs tokens and this might be the cause of bitcoin fall. If I have bitcoins, and I spot an ICO that has a potential to be the next great coin, I will probably sell my bitcoins for it, and this I think is part of the cause of bitcoin fall. What do you think ?
maybe you're right. Because I also noticed that there are a lot of ICO projects being created every day. and all investors will sell bitcoin and invest in these projects to make a profit
Escan0r

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:04:15 PM

I think ICO is also true to make the price of bitcoin down. Because investors split up to invest in these ICOs, not only in bitcoin they invest. It's probably not just that that keeps the bitcoin price down.
soname12

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:07:07 PM

indeed some people choose to buy tokens at ICO which he thinks can make a profit, but I think bitcoin is down because the hackers and crypto market are taken over by irresponsible people, that's what causes bitcoin down.
And I do not think like you. The only reason that bitcoin prices have dropped recently is that of whales. Because the whales can control the bitcoin price. They are reducing bitcoin prices and they will buy more bitcoins at a lower price

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
casternetwork

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:35:31 PM

That is not the reason that bitcoin prices have dropped recently. As far as I know, the biggest exchanges of Korean is Coinrail and Bithumb were attacked by hackers, so the price of bitcoin dropped dramatically

Am I spamming? Report me!
lakita

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 05:32:52 AM

A lot of ICO is scam, it could be one of such causes, invest in ICO`s purpose is to collect more btc and at some point you buy btc again when you sell those coins from Ico`s, so the reason may not be ICO`s but there is no liquidity in the market
wdelius

Activity: 308

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 05:57:08 AM

I think Altcoins in general gave a lot of the newbies who entered the market during the last bull run bc they got rekt.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: