Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:49:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are the cause of recent bitcoin fall.  (Read 451 times)
triciaa478 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:07:15 PM

In my opinion I am beginning to believe that all the funds that were suppose to get into bitcoins for it get to a higher price are diverted to purchase ICOs tokens and this might be the cause of bitcoin fall. If I have bitcoins, and I spot an ICO that has a potential to be the next great coin, I will probably sell my bitcoins for it, and this I think is part of the cause of bitcoin fall. What do you think ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wahyud11

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:27:40 PM

In my opinion I am beginning to believe that all the funds that were suppose to get into bitcoins for it get to a higher price are diverted to purchase ICOs tokens and this might be the cause of bitcoin fall. If I have bitcoins, and I spot an ICO that has a potential to be the next great coin, I will probably sell my bitcoins for it, and this I think is part of the cause of bitcoin fall. What do you think ?
indeed some people choose to buy tokens at ICO which he thinks can make a profit, but I think bitcoin is down because the hackers and crypto market are taken over by irresponsible people, that's what causes bitcoin down.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 08:34:21 PM

I do not see any relationship between the purchase of new tokens for bitcoins in ICO projects and the drop in the rate of bitcoin. Here bitcoin passes from one source to another. Are the funds pumped from bitcoin to tokens? And if for the bitcoins would buy different goods - apartments, cars and goods turnover would grow, how would bitcoin behave? Would it also fall in price, because the funds would be pumped from bitcoin to different material values? No, turnover has always contributed to the growth of money.
It is possible that the bitcoine rate has temporarily dropped due to the expiration of the futures, because, as already noted, bitcoin always at this time falls by about 18 percent.
TwisterPipister

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 08:54:41 PM

Generally, the purchase of new tokens for bitcoin should increase its growth, I think that the main reasons for the fall of bitcoin are manipulation on the futures market and the sale of Mt. Gox’s bitcoins.

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 09:06:44 PM

In simple terms - Yes, if the devs of the new, successful ICO raise a lot of funds (in BTC/ETH) and next they dump it all for fiat money, then the effect on the price would be negative. But it's more complex than this.

Don't know what had caused the recent crash, but I doubt it was related to any ICO, as that would be rather easy to trace.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
DenCho?

Activity: 494
Merit: 120

In BTC we trust!

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 09:18:48 PM

In simple terms - Yes, if the devs of the new, successful ICO raise a lot of funds (in BTC/ETH) and next they dump it all for fiat money, then the effect on the price would be negative. But it's more complex than this.

Don't know what had caused the recent crash, but I doubt it was related to any ICO, as that would be rather easy to trace.

You are right and it must be much more complex) But it sounds right, that a lot of successful ico's in the 2017 end - 2018 beginning sell their raised btc/eth and have SOME influence on the whole market.

I think we need a new wave of btc investors to overcome this balance point between btc buyers and sellers (ico teams).

@BitcoinSchool_bot - oбpaзoвaтeльный Telegram-бoт. Учиcь, пoкa oпять нe нaчaлocь!
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1255

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:36:29 PM

What you are referring to is like the crypto market is being diluted and instead of 10 or 100
projects to choose from there seems to be that much being created every week in ICOs which
does divert investment from bitcoin and other established coins to reduce market share.

This is not the sole reason but is probably contributing to bitcoins movement.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:42:07 PM

In my opinion I am beginning to believe that all the funds that were suppose to get into bitcoins for it get to a higher price are diverted to purchase ICOs tokens and this might be the cause of bitcoin fall.
That's true that instead of being invested to bitcoin, the highlights goes to the ICOs and any other altcoins but that's not going to be the reason of bitcoin's fall. There's other factors that can be believable instead of this and besides the era of ICOs are about to change for the upcoming years and it might end for those projects that doesn't have real company and use.
If I have bitcoins, and I spot an ICO that has a potential to be the next great coin, I will probably sell my bitcoins for it, and this I think is part of the cause of bitcoin fall. What do you think ?
Only a gullible person will do this.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Hoho29

Activity: 145

HalommmmE is my LOVE

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:45:19 PM

I don't think that saying is true actually scam ICOs failed to deliver fake promises destroy themself now most of people believe in free airdrop to support any coin startup phase .I think the main reason destroyed bitcoin price is MTGbox exchange locked coins .

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:49:08 PM

Maybe. This is a very plausible explanation for why bitcoin price has been slow at picking up. But only very few icos are doing well this period. One of them is spotcoin which sold out its presale earlier than expected

cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:51:53 PM

Maybe partially but I doubt this would have created a bear market in any way. It's more about all of the FUD that comes out at the same time from traditional media and all of the sheep follow the other sheep down the hill.
Maxson

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:54:26 PM

The causes of bitcoin fall is usual in that,most people see it as to be rising and will never go down after many years of being down.i don not think the rise and fall at interval is caused by ICO but by influenced in the market.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:55:28 PM

Or, just maybe, the BTC bull run above $10k was total bullshit in the first place...

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:59:09 PM

Maybe that that is one factor for price fall of bitcoin because instead people invest to bitcoin they divert to ICO token which is not too expensive like a bitcoin and also it will give a good return once it is in the market.
MyIdeas

Activity: 734
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:01:38 PM

No it is not right because the price of bitcoin increases when these ICO come because they advertise more and more people come to crypto. They also do not sell their bitcoin to fiat but these bitcoin only change hands until they are in cryptocurrencies. The price fall because of the obvious regulations which each of us know who were in cryptocurrency from the beginning of the 2018.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:01:56 PM

Not ICOs as all but scam ICOs is the reason of the whole market fall and it might be the reason for the end of crupto currencies overall in the near future . Scam ICOs   is a money going out of crypto world without any cause benefiting the crypto industry, they are simply taking money from the whole crypto marketcap without giving anything in return . Not to mention the bad image crytpocurrency get from it .
BTCW
Copper Member

Activity: 193
Merit: 234

Click "+Merit" top-right corner

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:04:49 PM

Put your money where your mouth is. If you know bitcoin is going down against USD, simply short sell it. Profit.

SendBTC.me <<< amazing imitative
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4435

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:06:21 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2018, 12:20:15 AM by franky1
Merited by pawel7777 (1)

ther are some signs..
EG the BTC peak was mid december. and then the ether peak was mid january. so yea it seems those that sold btc then bought ether.. which is the token most ICO's are tied to.

but what you have to realise is that the initial btc spike to $20k was a fluke...
if you cut away the october/february spike and correction of btc.. and pretend that the december event did not happen. you will see where real value is more observed. and you can then see how things like mining costs increased. and then as people bought what was being sold a new bottom line of value became apparent.

eg
2016: never dropped below $300
2017: never dropped below $900
2018: never dropped below $6000

these are the values that get tested often and found that people refuse to sell their coins below this price.

so yea although alot of speculative funds moved over to ICO's . real value baselines have grown since last year. so its not like bitcoin has lost value. its gained value but lost speculation

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:07:33 PM

I don't think ICO is one of the reason maybe yes but in different way. If the ICO scam and the founder collected more bitcoin or totall of millions dollars and they sell it they have affect on price. But if the ICO is legit msybe they have good to the price because the people buy bitcoin to purchase coins or tokens.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:13:03 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2018, 10:23:20 PM by rodel caling

Nope nothing connect ico's for bitcoin value dumping in the coimmarketcap but ico's affected due to the dumping of bitcoin price not bitcoin affected because of ico's, look at and lets analyst after the 2017 all time high of bitcoin including altcoins or the whole crypto currency.

Starting January 2018 until now the bitcoin price are in the low value unlike last year bitcoin is on the moon and price too expensive, year 2017 bitcoin at in ath value the dev's continue to make their ico's project even if the price is too expensive and making ico's project are also too expensive because high fees for the promotion expenses paying in btc. 2018 bitoin stay dumping until now the ico's project are gone because have some fuds news about bitcoin goes die in the market and dev's afraid to invest making ico.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: