Poll
Question: If there was a bitcoin accepting printshop would you use it
Yes
No
Only for pictures
Only If (comment)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Print Shop  (Read 1032 times)
deslok (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 04:36:52 AM

simply said having started up with the posters i'm thinking of a proper printshop for high volume things as well as buisness cards and such accepting bitcions only. for the record i voted yes so i could see the results

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ben Walsh (beamer)

Activity: 343

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 07:16:44 AM

... delivery was cheap enough. I suspect this means smaller shops every couple of hundred miles.
deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 11:53:50 AM

... delivery was cheap enough. I suspect this means smaller shops every couple of hundred miles.

Can you give an idea of "cheap enough" based on a certain number of a print size?

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 10:05:26 PM

Could you print T-shirts?

I think "cheap enough" would be "at least as cheap as going to Staples"

I will have to get you a quote for t-shits if i rember correctly there is a way to do it, as far as staples pricing is concerned i need to make a trip there this week to see what their costs are, however knowing that i will have to ship my product cross country at points i can't promise cheaper than staples off hand but will definitly try

deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 11:32:01 PM

Staples wants ~250 for 500 color copies I can do color for .03btc print and black for .01btc/print
Shiping is roughly 1btc up to 50 prints conus and 4btc between 50 and 500, I'll put in more specific numbers when I get home.

Edit that's all 8.5x11 on standard paper I'll add more paper types and other sizes when get home.

deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 02:41:09 AM

Now that i've sat down to put it all together, the print shop is now open
anyone who answered yes should go look here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=45203.0

deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 09:48:51 PM

Would stickers/bumperstickers and such be of any intrest?

annelions

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 10:06:53 PM

If they're inexpensive enough, maybe you could give out a free sheet of stickers with every order? I don't have anything I need printed at the moment, but getting a sheet of https://en.bitcoin.it/img/bc_logo_135.png or something to stick to random things would be kinda cool.
deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 01:32:51 AM

If they're inexpensive enough, maybe you could give out a free sheet of stickers with every order? I don't have anything I need printed at the moment, but getting a sheet of https://en.bitcoin.it/img/bc_logo_135.png or something to stick to random things would be kinda cool.

I'll have to order some sheets and do some test prints, Sticker sheets on their own don't weigh much and could be shipped in a standard large envelope, what size(s) and shape(s) would people be interested in and what patterns (bitcoin circles and personalized QR stickers are the two that come to mind right away)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: