Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:36:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How long will ASIC companys live?  (Read 413 times)
grumpy619 (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:23:57 AM

So I'm sitting here and thinking. Other then Mining equipment ASIC company's don't make anything else. With them flooding the market how long till they end up in a hole. I know the first ones will have something nice put away but there might be an investment that will break them. Like at what point will people say hummmm there is no way to make money off that machine. Why even bother. Are we getting close? I mean a month and a half ago 400Gh/s was doing 200 USD a day. Now its only doing 100. Or do you think people will always be ready to buy the biggest and baddest even though it will not make any money at all? 

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:55:53 AM

Soon someone will discover new technology, which will make the ASICs obsolete. May be 3 months.... may be 3 years... who knows?
act now

Activity: 166
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:51:40 AM

They will die as soon as production value will exceed profit. If someone will be able to find the lower cost materials for ASICs (which is unlikely) it will still live for quite some time.
startselect

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:25:26 AM

Do people make money from ASICs? Isn't it better to just spend that money on new coins than wait 6 months to break even because of the difficulty? Also, wouldn't it still be better to get an equivalent amount of GPU since at least you can re sell them? I mean that's what I imagine these ASIC companies do. They mine with them, until it reaches a point where it will be more profitable for them to sell the ASIC to someone who's not really going to make any money with it, and who will be stuck with it because no one else is going to buy it due to it being obsolete. I mean, why else would they sell it if they could make more money by mining?
CounterStrike

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:15:58 PM

So I'm sitting here and thinking. Other then Mining equipment ASIC company's don't make anything else. With them flooding the market how long till they end up in a hole. I know the first ones will have something nice put away but there might be an investment that will break them. Like at what point will people say hummmm there is no way to make money off that machine. Why even bother. Are we getting close? I mean a month and a half ago 400Gh/s was doing 200 USD a day. Now its only doing 100. Or do you think people will always be ready to buy the biggest and baddest even though it will not make any money at all? 

Forever or until no body want to mine any more..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: