Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:59:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guide to BountyHunting!  (Read 799 times)
chathu789 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 08:15:53 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2018, 04:40:59 AM by chathu789
Merited by bones261 (2), indika (2), BitcoinTurk (1), mdayonliner (1), Sheshin (1), mRasika (1)

Quick Recap of How I became a bountyhunter!

It was a Wednesday morning and I was at my University hostel room thinking about my studies (Whom am i kidding here, I was watching a movie!). One of my colleagues came to the room and said "I am giving you guys a party! Free sandwiches for everyone! "(Of course not in English, but in our local language! ) I was pretty amazed and asked him the reason behind that and he said that he did earn considerable amount of money by selling some tokens he earned by a bounty. That was the first time i heard about bitcoin/Altcoin bounties. Which engineering student is not broken in his early twenties? I was really animated by the idea and insisted him to tell me more about that. Rest is history and  I created my bitcointalk account at April 04, 2018 merely two months ago where I had absolutely zero knowledge on Blockchain technology, Bitcoins or Altcoins. "Now i can make money as much as i want" I whispered myself!

First Month as a bountyhunter

In the first week of my bountyhunting career all i did was dreaming about all the big money i am going to make! (Yeah I know!) I did not know about scams, cheating bounty managers, loopholes used by scammers. I started joining campaigns as much as possible, later i am going to give a quick recap on those! I joined around 20 facebook campaigns and about 10 twitter campaigns. Those bounty projects were advised to me by that "bounty Guru" I said earlier! I started sharing, tweeting posts and reporting, yes I was on my way to be the next youngest millionaire from our Island. Every time i saw that stakes have been marked in-front of my name in bounty spreadsheets i calculated the big bucks those gonna reward me. I dreamed to buy a Guitar for my girlfriend, a motorbike for myself and one sunday morning i saw the word "Scam" in one of my favorite bounty threads! Some people had started to accuse the project to be a scam. "That can not be a truth, they are so nice people with a big fancy project" I convinced myself. No, I was dead wrong!

Reality

After some researches reality hit me hard, a really low percentage of ICOs make it to the end and really low percentage of honest bounty managers out there! We must do a tedious background research as much as an investor does before participating in a project! There are scams everywhere, projects with no future everywhere!

Things to consider when selecting a bounty program

• Project : The project must be successful, otherwise end of the day those tokens given by the bounty program won't worth anything!

Imagine a scenario where you have tokens worth of a thousands of dollars according to the so called ICO but with no one to buy them. Those tokens will stay forever in your etherwallet forever without serving its master. Therefore selecting a good promising project is a must.To have a somewhat idea about a project You can do things like refering ICO ranking sites, looking for Crypto expert's advises, studying Market predictions, Going through the project whitepaper all by yourselves, checking the social media activities, checking the web traffic towards the site, looking in to team members' professional background and history etc. After having an idea about the project think whether you wanna spend your valuable time on this.

Example: UCHIT turns out to be a scam (Bounty Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3167782.0 ) (Website: https://uchit.info/)
    Rootblock Chain Announced that they are going to abandon the project. (Bounty Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3016577.0-root )

• Bounty Managers : It does not matter how great the project turns out be as long as your bounty manager decides not to pay you!

This is one of the most important thing and i hope to start another topic solely based on this part! I met some wonderful bounty managers in my short period in bitcointalk and I hope to talk about them in that topic.

The hype of Bountyhive and Bountyportal

Most of the bountyhunters prefer bounties released by bountive. There is a huge popularity for the bounties released by bountyhive and it can be seen that it only takes one or two hours to hit the full participation limit after the release. Since both bountyhive, bountyportal (and there are other bounty hosting platforms such as bounty0x, bountylord)
    are fully automated the hunters do not need to go through the trouble of compiling reports at end of of each month.
    N:B:
    Popularity does not mean success (at least in this occasion), even in bountyhive there were (and i am pretty sure, there will be) failed projects which gave nothing but agony and disappointment to the hunters even in bountyhive!
    Loandex (Bountyportal), Digitize Coin (Bountyhive) are some of my personal experiences for failed projects in these automated platforms.

Then what?

Yes facebook and Twitter campaigns are okay, but with the huge number of participation the reward is getiing lower and lower. This is the best time to move and observe other bounty categories like content creation and signature. With the low number of participation the stake always will be bigger with more innovative and creative content. Try that for a difference!

Oh Snap!

To be eligible for Signature campaigns your rank must be greater than a newbie. You need merits as well as activity count for going up in the ranking ladder. As a Jr. Member I have not been accepted yet to a signature campaign and I hope to rank up and wear those shiny badges under my name soon. Best of luck to you too!

Finally....

I hope my little knowledge in the field may able to shed some light on the fellow newbies and I respectfully invite all the members of the forum to enlighten us more and correct me if i am wrong in some manner!
    And if you guys have any suggestions or problems please enter here and i am more than happy to answer those !

Happy Bountyhunting!!
    CHEERS!!  

[/list]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
    Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    dengineersprof

Activity: 102
    Merit: 5

View Profile
    June 17, 2018, 03:07:38 AM

Hey buddy this is a great one. Thanks for sharing.  It is indeed a great experience. We hope to continually be at the right projects all the time
    chathu789 (OP)

View Profile
    June 17, 2018, 04:42:10 AM

Hey buddy this is a great one. Thanks for sharing.  It is indeed a great experience. We hope to continually be at the right projects all the time

Thank you very much! Best of luck in hunting to you!

C0ld_Zero

Activity: 154
    Merit: 0

View Profile
    June 17, 2018, 05:41:57 AM

Very nice man, the good guide for newbie as me. I am trying to join some bounty, but too much bounty for choose.
    chathu789 (OP)

View Profile
    June 17, 2018, 05:54:24 AM

Very nice man, the good guide for newbie as me. I am trying to join some bounty, but too much bounty for choose.

I usually Follow legendary members' lead! And projects of Yahoo62278, Hotachy, Wapinter, Julerz12 are said to be best! Check the ICO ratings of the project by ICObench or ICOmarks before joining the bounty, That will give some idea about the strength of the project! 
    jupyterxxx

Activity: 14

View Profile
    June 17, 2018, 06:13:37 AM

Interesting story, thanks for sharing!
    azvn

Activity: 294

View Profile
    June 17, 2018, 06:26:30 AM

Interesting story, it happened to me same as you in begining. I started to learn about cryptocurrencies in Jan this year and every night I dream about my investment turn to lambo  Cheesy.
    Beside investment, i did bounty to get more tokens. As you mention, twitter and facebook campaign now are a lot of participants. If possible, you can move to youtube/video campaign and signature campaign that will worth for your hunt.
    For 4 months as bounty hunter, all i got around ~ $150  Cheesy, so sad but im keep going because i believe in long-term holding.
    richan

Activity: 392
    Merit: 11

View Profile
    June 17, 2018, 06:32:22 AM

This is your personal experience with bounty hunting but not a guide to beginners in bounty campaign. As a bounty hunter, nothing is certain. You only get payed if the project become a success and it get enlisted otherwise all the tokens you get become a shitcoins.
    chathu789 (OP)

View Profile
    June 17, 2018, 11:50:29 AM

This is your personal experience with bounty hunting but not a guide to beginners in bounty campaign. As a bounty hunter, nothing is certain. You only get payed if the project become a success and it get enlisted otherwise all the tokens you get become a shitcoins.

I am hoping to extend this article further and next article will be on bounty managers! I hope to cover best-reputed managers and also the other way around! And thank you very much sir for the advise!   Smiley
    chathu789 (OP)

View Profile
    June 17, 2018, 11:53:03 AM

Interesting story, it happened to me same as you in begining. I started to learn about cryptocurrencies in Jan this year and every night I dream about my investment turn to lambo  Cheesy.
    Beside investment, i did bounty to get more tokens. As you mention, twitter and facebook campaign now are a lot of participants. If possible, you can move to youtube/video campaign and signature campaign that will worth for your hunt.
    For 4 months as bounty hunter, all i got around ~ $150  Cheesy, so sad but im keep going because i believe in long-term holding.

Did you earn $150? You are well ahead of me, brother! Congrats and best of luck in all the future encounters!! If you know any good bounties do not hesitate to mention here  Wink  Wink
    DrMill

Activity: 104
    Merit: 1

View Profile
    June 17, 2018, 03:31:13 PM

I personally look at and follow hunters who're Legendary Members. I start to study those bounties that those veterans are doing, then check grading points on ICO reviewing websites like ICObench, ICObazaar, etc. Those ICO bounties achieved 4.0 or above are deserving our further research and probably effort to follow.

https://www.skyfchain.io/
    SKYFchain is the first blockchain based
    Business-to-Robots (B2R) Operating Platform
    cryptocurrentdan

Activity: 52

View Profile
    June 17, 2018, 04:16:50 PM

Very usefull guide. I look at people that dumped from airdropped coins and made really good money. I believe these people just move from one to another and dump.

I get involved and believe in them too much and my heart rules over my head though.
    Leoxina

Activity: 15

View Profile
    June 17, 2018, 09:04:52 PM

Whaooooo, thanks for sharing
    DenCho?

Activity: 494
    Merit: 120

In BTC we trust!

View Profile WWW
    June 17, 2018, 09:16:10 PM

I want to add to this theme that one of the main things in bounty hunting is not to place quality behind quantity. First of all it is related to the choose of the project to take part in. If you don't want to take part in bounty program of scum project you must choose attentively like you are going to invest in this ICO. Unfortunately, no one can guarantee that good looking project will not be abandoned or simply made only to raise some not smart money. But it is in you hands to choose a promising one that will succeed during not very long time.
    Good luck and don't be like a Bot Wink

@BitcoinSchool_bot - oбpaзoвaтeльный Telegram-бoт. Учиcь, пoкa oпять нe нaчaлocь!
    wvizmanos

Activity: 168

View Profile
    June 17, 2018, 10:26:18 PM
    Last edit: June 17, 2018, 11:53:55 PM by wvizmanos

Thanks for sharing your experience buddy. This will surely help many other new members in deciding which bounties to join. If I may add, one has to consider as well the hype the project is making. If there's hype in the project then you can be sure that your efforts as a bounty hunter won't go to waste.
    XinXan

Activity: 1064
    Merit: 505

View Profile
    June 17, 2018, 11:09:40 PM

Also as I mentioned in a previous post, be aware of scammers, participants in your bounty might try to scam you. Someone tried it on me, they made the manager change my ethereum address by impersonating me. They had a google form to fill for complaints and someone changed my address. Thankfully I always check it at the end of the bounty, you should too, always check your addresses on the spreadsheet. You should add that to your guide.
    bimbie

Activity: 185

View Profile
    June 17, 2018, 11:12:48 PM

It is worth reading and useful for every first timer or brginners here in crypto currency.Thank you for the ideas that you have shares it will helps me a lot to choose a good bounty to participate with.

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
    ▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
    https://modltoken.io/
    pubatha

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
    June 18, 2018, 11:27:31 AM

This Is good article
    chathu789 (OP)

View Profile
    June 18, 2018, 12:14:43 PM

Also as I mentioned in a previous post, be aware of scammers, participants in your bounty might try to scam you. Someone tried it on me, they made the manager change my ethereum address by impersonating me. They had a google form to fill for complaints and someone changed my address. Thankfully I always check it at the end of the bounty, you should too, always check your addresses on the spreadsheet. You should add that to your guide.

Wow! That is a seriously valuable piece of information, I am pretty sure i would end scammed pretty easily if someone pulled that off on me. Never knew about such kind of scamming and thank you very much for bringing that up!
    chathu789 (OP)

View Profile
    June 18, 2018, 12:15:17 PM

This Is good article

Thank you very much! It means a lot to me!
    Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
      Print  

Jump to: