Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:25:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why market is down and What to Expect  (Read 242 times)
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:41:56 PM

Market sentiments are the major reason behind the movement of price.  Nowdays the price is down because bear mode is running.  Whenever the bull mode is in the market; everyone tries to buy more and more.  And as a result; the price rises more and more.
Opposite is true in bear mode.  No body wants to buy.  They fear buying.  So as  a result; the price if not falls also not rises.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:37:17 AM

Nobody seems to be talking about it but the price of cryptocurrencies has been taking a beating this past week. If you're new to cryptocurrency and you haven't developed the discipline to hold on to your coins during times like this, it could be a very scary time specially if you have invested your money as I did.

I am, of course, speaking from my own experience. It's only my third month on steemit. I've only bought SBD two months ago but I've seen the price of steem double and then drop down below the amount I purchased them within that short time span.

So I did what any newbie coin holder does during drops in prices. I read everything I can about the topic. This is what I've learned so far . . .

Every Existing CryptoCurrency is Still Coupled with BitCoin
This simply means that all other existing coins are tied to the price of Bitcoin. If Bitcoin drops, all other coins drop. If bitcoin gains, all other coins gain as well.

Allegedly, Bitcoins extraordinary price surge last December was fueled by price manipulation centered around Bitfinex and Tether. If the price of Bitcoin was artificially inflated, it would naturally correct and lose value taking along all other coins with it in the plunge.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/research-tether-bitfinex-manipulation-reason-behind-2017-bitcoin-price-highs

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoins-falling-price-nothing-more-than-perception-or-is-there-manipulation

Ideally, each coin must be evaluated by its own merits. That's still not happening but should in the future. It's called 'decoupling' and should benefit the entire crypto industry as we won't all be dependent on the price of Bitcoin.

Security Issues
Blockchain tech is highly secure. The security problems often exploited by hackers are in the exhanges.

One reason often cited as a contributor to the falling prices of cryptocurrency is the hacking of CoinRail, a relatively small coin exchange in South Korea. However, some say that it couldn't have been the cause of the continuing fall of crypto prices.

Regardless, it's clear that some exchanges are not taking security as seriously as they should. This issue has been happening again and again.

I will not go into how to secure your account, your wallets, and your coins. That is your responsibility and if you haven't taken steps to secure your assets, stop reading this and go secure your coins first.

Government Regulation
The SEC now considers ICO's an unregulated securities market. And the governments seem to have a good reason to regulated ICO's and cryptocurrencies in general. The general public is not protected from fraud.

If you ask me, anyone trying out cryptos should do their homework first. But, government protection should help.

Still, government regulation seems to be a turn-off for a lot of investors. And thus, it's a contributing factor to the falling crypto prices.

The Sky Isn't Falling
The crypto market has seen its ups and downs for several years now. We know that you can lose money if your timing isn't right. Overall, the crypto world isn't doing so bad.

As for me, I will continue doing what I'm doing, accumulating as much SP as I can no matter what the USD value is. I know it won't keep falling forever. It might take months to go up again but I don't care. I'll just keep doing what I've been doing.
The valuation of bitcoin is very volatile and it depends on the number of investors investing into bitcoin and specifically the big whales who use to spent a huge amount into bitcoin and second thing on which the valuation of bitcoin depends is demand and supply of bitcoin, this time the market is down because there are less investors investing into bitcoin because of negative rumours spread about bitcoin and I think this is the best time to invest into bitcoin and then hold.
code

Activity: 536
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:48:39 PM

I don't think you need to invest more than you can afford anyway. this is the main rule that allows you to safely give your money to grow
sitnibtc

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:01:19 PM

i think we should just be optimistic that the market can go up again. we all invested in this afterall.
cryptomagnate

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:19:09 PM

Nobody seems to be talking about it but the price of cryptocurrencies has been taking a beating this past week. If you're new to cryptocurrency and you haven't developed the discipline to hold on to your coins during times like this, it could be a very scary time specially if you have invested your money as I did.

I am, of course, speaking from my own experience. It's only my third month on steemit. I've only bought SBD two months ago but I've seen the price of steem double and then drop down below the amount I purchased them within that short time span.

So I did what any newbie coin holder does during drops in prices. I read everything I can about the topic. This is what I've learned so far . . .

This simply means that all other existing coins are tied to the price of Bitcoin. If Bitcoin drops, all other coins drop. If bitcoin gains, all other coins gain as well.

Allegedly, Bitcoins extraordinary price surge last December was fueled by price manipulation centered around Bitfinex and Tether. If the price of Bitcoin was artificially inflated, it would naturally correct and lose value taking along all other coins with it in the plunge.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/research-tether-bitfinex-manipulation-reason-behind-2017-bitcoin-price-highs

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoins-falling-price-nothing-more-than-perception-or-is-there-manipulation

Ideally, each coin must be evaluated by its own merits. That's still not happening but should in the future. It's called 'decoupling' and should benefit the entire crypto industry as we won't all be dependent on the price of Bitcoin.

Security Issues
Blockchain tech is highly secure. The security problems often exploited by hackers are in the exhanges.

One reason often cited as a contributor to the falling prices of cryptocurrency is the hacking of CoinRail, a relatively small coin exchange in South Korea. However, some say that it couldn't have been the cause of the continuing fall of crypto prices.

Regardless, it's clear that some exchanges are not taking security as seriously as they should. This issue has been happening again and again.

I will not go into how to secure your account, your wallets, and your coins. That is your responsibility and if you haven't taken steps to secure your assets, stop reading this and go secure your coins first.

Government Regulation
The SEC now considers ICO's an unregulated securities market. And the governments seem to have a good reason to regulated ICO's and cryptocurrencies in general. The general public is not protected from fraud.

If you ask me, anyone trying out cryptos should do their homework first. But, government protection should help.

Still, government regulation seems to be a turn-off for a lot of investors. And thus, it's a contributing factor to the falling crypto prices.

The Sky Isn't Falling
The crypto market has seen its ups and downs for several years now. We know that you can lose money if your timing isn't right. Overall, the crypto world isn't doing so bad.

As for me, I will continue doing what I'm doing, accumulating as much SP as I can no matter what the USD value is. I know it won't keep falling forever. It might take months to go up again but I don't care. I'll just keep doing what I've been doing.

These are great lessons to learn from an experience crypto fan, thank for a job well done, I believe every crypto community member will take these lessons seriously. Again I think whatever that goes down will surely goes up again, altcoins prices would soon up again. This is the financial laws of inertia.
danbitcoin1

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:25:50 PM

I don't think anybody knows the real reasons why. Probably just a few whales deciding to cash out and then a knock on effect.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Coinlover9

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:35:28 PM

It think it's down because it has grown abrupt and was bound to explode in our faces.once it's become stable and grows steadily it won't be a problem the Major issues was it unexpected and uncontrollable growth in a short period of time.
alihassan99

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:39:47 PM

you can say it correction... without such corrections the market can not be said to be a healthy market.. so such corrections happens Smiley

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
larissakron

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:44:13 PM

Security Issues

Government Regulation

The Sky Isn't Falling

"...government protection should help"

You lost me bud.
Seriously.

This is demonstrating you still don't have a clue what bitcoin is.
If you want the government to be involved, go back to paypal.

This is a free market. If you invest in horrible ICOs without doing due diligence, I'm actually probably going to chuckle about you losing your money later. Because you really don't respect it enough to have it in the first place.

We don't need governments to think for us. And to require businesses to comply with their standards.
Blockchain technology is cryptography. And not much more.

But it allows us the freedom to create a whole new world in our little sphere of complex, chained math equations.
That isn't the domain of the government.

The problem will fix itself.
The ignorant will lose their money, and then the problem will be over, because they won't have money to invest poorly anymore.
Regulation can't fix stupid.
Some countries like Germany, refund (sorry don't know right word for that) money on your loss. Like if you make profit, you have to pay taxes, right? So if you lose you can apply for tax refund. I think that is what he meant.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: