Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:52:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Airdrop causing a dump price of Token/ICO?  (Read 389 times)
Cajn1 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:00:40 AM

Is airdrop really needed for an ICO to acquire awareness and get more subscriber/members in social medias?
What is best Airdrop for awareness or Bounties?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RaymondCrypto

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:02:48 AM

YEs, it is true for most ICOs. Some are now implementing lockdown period for Bounty/Airdrops to avoid Dumping.. Why complain if it is a free coin/token right? It will be released once it reached the target Market Cap or Period.
Devanomrz

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 12:38:30 AM

Yeah, most of them who joined the airdrop wants a quick money
They will sell it on unofficial market or they will sell it after listed
And many of them are duplicating the data, i don't know why they are so greedy
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:43:41 AM

Is airdrop really needed for an ICO to acquire awareness and get more subscriber/members in social medias?

I don't think so. bounty campaign is enough and if the project is really good people will become aware of it and neutral magazine site related to cryptocurrency will do a write up for them, I have seen a good project that did not do airdrop and people become aware of it, because of buzz
haryatiposton01

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:55:41 AM

most airdrop users sell their tokens at low prices, thus lowering prices too, all ICOs require airdrop users to improve their community, I think airdrops and bounty hunter users should be smart and patient in selling their tokens so they can sell their tokens at a good price.
DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:21:47 AM

I'm not sure about that but in fact it has a lot of impact to the result of price after it will be listed on the exchange site and you can see that many of airdrop hunters are weak hands.
So many airdrop hunters are selling directly to the exchange site to grab fast money. they don't care even it's a little money.
fakegurutu

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:30:28 AM

All of your questions had answer of yes. Indeed airdroppers dump massively when the coin is already listed in any exchanges but also with the help of airdrops, the coin also gain a lot of exposure and making the community so big in numbers. Airdrops and bounties were almost stays the same. dumpers and helpers at the same time.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:35:15 AM

I think airdrops are probably beneficial because many of these new ICO’s are unknown and no one would otherwise hear about these tokens. Everyone is interested in getting something for free and these projects get some publicity from the airdrop plus the recipient may either hold or sell the token so this creates potentially some trade volume and the coins are dispersed.
hani1929

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 01:47:02 AM

We cant tell which is effective in acquiring awareness  or to get more members in social medias. in my own opinion doing bounties is quite more effective in advertising ICO rather than  doing airdrop. nowadays some airdrop called selfairdrop in which you send 0 eth to their smart contract in order to receive  their tokens. While doing bounties is you need to work to earn tokens and by this mean it is lot effective to get their project more popular.

klavuhn

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:53:42 AM

Bounty and Airdrop are the reason why the ICO usually drop. They usually sell their coin after that coin listed on the exchange. But if the ICO are strong enough, I think dump will not be a big problem. Also I hope that bounty hunter and airdrop hunter doesn't sell their token immediately.
linkHA

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 02:20:43 AM

Airdrop is not necessarily required to gain more community support, but airdrop is the most effective way to get it.
However, I don't think a small amount of airdrop will have a negative impact on the price of the whole token.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 02:22:47 AM

Agree at some point airdrop and bounty may cause a dip of a token/ICO but don't you think that because of these teo ico's will not be successful. 1st of developers already know that but still they use it for marketing purposes. Why? It can gain investors and also once it hit the market those token sold by these people can increase the marketcap of the token and eventually serious investors will get those cheap coins. Fast forward, once whales got all of it the project is launched and it will boost the price.
Cajn1 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:26:36 AM

I don't think so. bounty campaign is enough and if the project is really good people will become aware of it and neutral magazine site related to cryptocurrency will do a write up for them, I have seen a good project that did not do airdrop and people become aware of it, because of buzz

Agree with this idea for promoting the Project with launching a Bounty campaign only. It makes the project more valuable because they are not doing airdrop just for hype. I think project that dont have Airdrop are more valuable in terms of seriousness of the team because they dont want to just giving away the tokens/coins just for a quick task and the participant are not interested of what they develop.
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 3489

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:31:52 AM

Is Airdrop causing a dump price of Token/ICO?
Yes and no. If a token is just airdropped it's normal see a decline in the price after being listed.
But if most of tokens are sold on ICO, free distribution is countless.

Most of time YES. I think there is even a reason related to each coin history. FOMO is a great booster!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 07:44:11 AM

I don't think that Airdrop is the cause for the dump price of tokens after ICO, because in general people receive tokens that are worth less than 5$. It's not even worth to sell these airdrops, because of the withdrawal fee of the exchange.

Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:06:45 AM

Yes, they are needed for ico to gain awareness, airdrops and bounties are tiny potion given to promoters of token event generation or initial coin offering, investors always blame airdrop and bounty participants for this but they have the largest portion and the price are dumped because of unbelievable bonuses offered to them.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:16:38 AM

I don't think that Airdrop is the cause for the dump price of tokens after ICO, because in general people receive tokens that are worth less than 5$. It's not even worth to sell these airdrops, because of the withdrawal fee of the exchange.
the amount of tokens from airdrop probably very less but if plenty of people sold their tokens at the same time that's similar such as dumped their tokens and i do agree with many people at here that airdrop is the main cause why tokens price dump and it was already happened several times on particular exchange that tokens are dump from airdrop participant and difficult to rise up again
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:20:41 AM

YEs, it is true for most ICOs. Some are now implementing lockdown period for Bounty/Airdrops to avoid Dumping.. Why complain if it is a free coin/token right? It will be released once it reached the target Market Cap or Period.
The lockdown of tokens to avoid dumping might seem like a good idea on the surface but from my experience this has not prevented dumping of Airdropped tokens . The best it does is postpone the dumping!
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:21:49 AM

I think airdrop cannot cause a dump in price
Because most airdrops are 5$ and trade on idex
So an opportunity to dump is far from within
I think ico need to reduce the bonus % to ensure that dumping will be avoided

Lately , bounty rewards are sent late to prevent dumping
Whichever the case
We can hope dumpers learn
D3F4L7 RAT

Activity: 172
Merit: 34

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:27:08 AM

the amount of tokens from airdrop probably very less but if plenty of people sold their tokens at the same time that's similar such as dumped their tokens and i do agree with many people at here that airdrop is the main cause why tokens price dump and it was already happened several times on particular exchange that tokens are dump from airdrop participant and difficult to rise up again
Disagree, bounty and airdrop allocations are very small amount of money compared to the collected amount of money from the ICO investors. Numerous ICO earned for about $30,000 which is a great amount of money that comes from the private and public sale. When the token gets listed in an exchange, there is a greater risk that the investors will dump their token, that causes the price fluctuation coin. Airdrop and bounty hunters is not to blame here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: